Bangkok thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vandyk View Post
    I'm not rich so bangkok is one of those country that i visit annually. Usually stay around Pratunam area as its easily accessible to train station, shopping malls, night markets, eating place, etc.

Half day tours can be quite boring, probably you will only do it once. Brings you to the touristy places and end up with shoppin in the factory outlets, nothing to buy actually.

My usual itinenary includes going to MBK to tailor my shirts and pants, Siam square to shop for more unique clothes, Chatuchak market in search of vintage 2nd hand stuffs. Bf/lunch are usually local food, i love them! (My gf got severe food poisoning once thou but it doesnt stop her from eating them again. ). Dinner will be either chinatown or some restaurant. Oh yes, rooftop bar and restaurant is quite cool too. Good place to impress gals but at a price. Entertainment wise, you will be limited if you are there with you gf. Massage is a daily affair thou, very shiok. Foot reflexology, thai body massage, etc...

Bro, hope that you can recommend the roof top bar & restaurant. I may be going there soon. Thanks.

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by vandyk View Post
      I'm not rich so bangkok is one of those country that i visit annually. Usually stay around Pratunam area as its easily accessible to train station, shopping malls, night markets, eating place, etc.

Half day tours can be quite boring, probably you will only do it once. Brings you to the touristy places and end up with shoppin in the factory outlets, nothing to buy actually.

My usual itinenary includes going to MBK to tailor my shirts and pants, Siam square to shop for more unique clothes, Chatuchak market in search of vintage 2nd hand stuffs. Bf/lunch are usually local food, i love them! (My gf got severe food poisoning once thou but it doesnt stop her from eating them again. ). Dinner will be either chinatown or some restaurant. Oh yes, rooftop bar and restaurant is quite cool too. Good place to impress gals but at a price. Entertainment wise, you will be limited if you are there with you gf. Massage is a daily affair thou, very shiok. Foot reflexology, thai body massage, etc...
      One more place on top of wat is listed is Siam Paragon, to see fishes at Lower Ground floor and NICE Cars on Top floor!

Btw, one hotel that i am always dreaming to go is DREAM HOTEL From the magazines, its nicely decorated rooms and chill-out bar. http://www.dreambkk.com/
      Sinn U Black
      Phillip Stein Chrono Sports rubber
      Breguet type XX
      Glashutte Sport Evolution

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
        Bro, hope that you can recommend the roof top bar & restaurant. I may be going there soon. Thanks.

Dino
        I think its called Sofitel Silom Hotel and the other is called Scirocco, both are located along Silom
        Sinn U Black
        Breguet type XX

Comment

Noted & thanks bro. I'll try during my next visit.

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by 4444 View Post
            One more place on top of wat is listed is Siam Paragon, to see fishes at Lower Ground floor and NICE Cars on Top floor!
            I Paragon! all sorts of eye candies! (transvestities not included NOTE)

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              I Paragon! all sorts of eye candies! (transvestities not included NOTE)
              I fully agree!
              Sinn U Black
              Breguet type XX

Comment

there is also Banyan tree hotel in bkk... Spa is good for one being in the city... The hotel itself is solely suites... Stayed there during my company trip 4yrs back...
                World trade center also got good place for shopping and dvds... Been quite sometime since i've been there....
                Bro 4444, seems u r a reg traveller to bkk eh..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  there is also Banyan tree hotel in bkk... Spa is good for one being in the city... The hotel itself is solely suites... Stayed there during my company trip 4yrs back...
                  World trade center also got good place for shopping and dvds... Been quite sometime since i've been there....
                  Bro 4444, seems u r a reg traveller to bkk eh..
                  No la.. All info from travel books n newspaper la... hehe
                  Sinn U Black
                  Breguet type XX

Comment

muz go to RCA to chiong too...happening place..lol....lots of lovely ladies...much better place than patpong....safe too..hahaha....
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

kai siow louis go ah kwa or tiger show leh ...

Comment

tiger shows are just hype lar...nothing special leh...somemore nowadays the ppl at there resort to extortion ...bo hua..i rather go to ida health spa for a nice and 'special' massage session...lol

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          tiger shows are just hype lar...nothing special leh...somemore nowadays the ppl at there resort to extortion ...bo hua..i rather go to ida health spa for a nice and 'special' massage session...lol
                          Bro, you seem to know many places of interest. Please PM me some of the nice attractions in BKK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            i wnt tiger show with my wife, tht;s at least 8 to 9 yrs bck... if i rem correctly thb 250 each

okie lah, must go try try see see 1 time lah... not too bad.. cannot ssay here... i later go TZ describe... hahahhaa

Comment

hahaha..now rates increased liao leh....500bahts i tink...i went there in march this year..hahaha..but neber go tiger shows...went shopping,see xmms,eating and massages only...hahaha..went to chiong too....hahaha....drunk as a lord every nite...went with a grp of kakis...

Comment

hahaha..the places i know are not family friendly de...hahaha....wink wink..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X