No announcement yet.

Tips: What to do if stopped by Malaysian police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow.. heard that a lot of sg cars kena stopped and asked to clear back log fines that the driver didn't even knew of.. when ask to provide proof of offence.. the Johor tp say dun hav and yet insist the driver to clear the fines before returning of driving licence and passport.. damnn..

Comment

Just read this. Helpful advice. Thanks.

Comment

You just have to pay for it buddy, coffee money as they say

Comment

Not sure if I OT-ing but I just came back from Penang yesterday and I had no run-ins with the Malaysian Police.

Maybe it was because I was driving some beat up rental Perdua car with Malaysian car plate so they did not bother me at all

Comment

stopped going to msia for awhile now but useful tips anyway. thanks !

Comment

Are they still targeting sg cars? Anyone been stopped recently? thinking of going in

Comment

TP

i got stopped for speeding and ended up giving RM50 then let me go. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jolj888 View Post
                  i got stopped for speeding and ended up giving RM50 then let me go. lol
                  How fast were you actually going - were there actually grounds for stopping your car?

Comment

good tips!!

Comment

• Always about the kopi money with singapore cars

Comment

• i think nowadays lesser kopimoney, they stop and check more for speeding or expire roadtax.

Comment

• Originally posted by pickled View Post
                          i think nowadays lesser kopimoney, they stop and check more for speeding or expire roadtax.

Comment

• True life incident :

I was told to stop by the highway and he said i was speeding.

I cooked up this story that if i get fined , my wife will start World War 3 and HE TOTALLY related to it and shared his stories as well haha!!!

Then we brother-brother each other and he let me go.

Then again, i 'tipped' him RM50 for keeping the roads safe.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• In 99% of cases when you're stopped, there's a 100% expectation that you have to pay, or get a summon. Going by the growing thousands of unpaid summons by Sporeans, according to Msian papers, it appears that most prefer the summmon. Not sure if it's a moral issue not to pay, or just simply think that there's no way the cops can enforce a Msian summon in Spore. Hmmm, wait till your next trip across the Causeway lol.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X