Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WATCH SALES DISCCUSION THREAD - To comment on items on sale at the SG-ROC Garage

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo Triton,
    You got my intention correct.
    Maybe at the very first post of the thread, we can state to NOT USE SELLERS ID so as to avoid any potential flame wars.
    I think the thread title is fine as it correctly states the purpose.
    Good idea to have a template that allows sufficient description for others to comment.
    Can include yr/series, box and papers, and lastly condition (LNIB/Light scratch without dinks/light scratch with dinks/seasoned and weathered)

About alot of post in the thread, I think it's fine as long as it serves it's purpose. Way better than too many threads if u ask me.

Let's see what other bro have to input

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      True true....

But instead of pointing our fingers at a particular seller, e.g. Seller A selling SubLV at $9k in a sales thread. Instead of posting, "Wa lao, Seller A selling SubLV damn expensive!" here, maybe we should put it in a way like, "Is it too much to pay $9k for a SubLV?" So in this way, our forum will remain more friendly... no bad feeling...
      X2.

i think this is a fantastic idea but rules should be in place to regulate the type of questions asked. in this way,we can circumvent potentially sensitive situations.
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

I find that its not difficult to go into retail shops and check out the price for a brand new piece. Apparently, some are not even bothered to do that and expect to be spoonfed.

Alternatively, some may try to lowball prices by stating in here that "2nd hand" shops are selling at XXXX price so sellers should also sell at that price, etc.

I personally don think that the above statement (which I have received via PM a few times) is fair. In view that watches have different conditions at their point of sale. Finally, what proof do those claims have with regard to the price and condition of the so called same watch at pre-owned shops?

What I meant is, if we allow the public discussion of prices, it will not be fair to sellers to a large extent. Imagine this

Q: "Is his Rolex GMT worth buying at 10k?"
        A1: "Oh, I saw it at pre-owned shosp selling at only 7k!" -> could be a rival?
        (Words not spoken -> but is 200 years old already)
        A2: "Oh, i can find it for 6k!"

How would the poor seller feel? eventually with time, people might give up trying. Hence, I would say, feel free to post publically your concerns, but leave those low ball price bashers to reply via PM?

just my thts thats all.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

What sercet?

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
          Darkie's secret is out sigh .....

Comment

yes.. i think should have one, like me a newbie, not familiar with price and value as in year make also counts.
            Many sellers tend to sell at pre-owned retailer price in order to make more or to reduce the damage. But certain models and brands may not be available at that point of time to check around with pre-owned shops.

Say e.g. recently a seller selling a Corum watch, i was quite tempted to buy, but luckily after research around and found that the selling price is way too high compared to a pre-owned shop, I let it go and never even wants to talk or disturb the thread. Like this type of brand and model, it may be difficult to judge whether good price or not if there's no pre-owned shop selling.

Lastly, if this place does not benefit newbies, or members. This will be more like a "Online Pre-owned Shops" liao, since selling price does not have difference or cheaper as compare with outside shops. Don't forget, outside shops pay rental, overhead and salary to staffs.

Comment

I think I've made a suggestion previously on "Reference Checks" for sellers and buyers. If there can be a sticky folder created for a seller/buyer, then it may be less messy?

For example, the sticky thread reads "Reference Checking". It can be in either Feedback/Sales Garage folder. Then, in the "Reference Checking" (sticky thread), a folder is created for "Oceanklassik". Many can start posting their reference checks/enquiries on sales/buys, etc-etc, on Oceanklassik.

In this way, Oceanklassik can respond to any positive and negative comments/queries/remarks/blah-blah-blah.... Many wanting to find out about this person can also easily clicked in to check.

Some thoughts la..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

What sercet?
                Originally posted by theOrion View Post
                Darkie's secret is out sigh .....
                I am actually...the 1 in the avatar

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  I think I've made a suggestion previously on "Reference Checks" for sellers and buyers. If there can be a sticky folder created for a seller/buyer, then it may be less messy?

For example, the sticky thread reads "Reference Checking". It can be in either Feedback/Sales Garage folder. Then, in the "Reference Checking" (sticky thread), a folder is created for "Oceanklassik". Many can start posting their reference checks/enquiries on sales/buys, etc-etc, on Oceanklassik.

In this way, Oceanklassik can respond to any positive and negative comments/queries/remarks/blah-blah-blah.... Many wanting to find out about this person can also easily clicked in to check.

Some thoughts la..
                  As to this...we already have iTrader system. People click on your ratings and they will know.

Comment

This is a free-speech forum.

Do and say anything you want. No need to discuss whether we need to talk about the price or not..

Just do it. Start something.

The title or this thread is: To comment on items on sale at the sg-roc garage.

and Not: Should we be discussing about prices on the sg-roc garage.

Comment

I ain't no three-year-old....

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      I am actually...the 1 in the avatar

Comment

ok ok.... so we OT liao... hee hee...

anyone want to start? or should put it, anyone dare to start?

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                        This is a free-speech forum.

Do and say anything you want. No need to discuss whether we need to talk about the price or not..

Just do it. Start something.

The title or this thread is: To comment on items on sale at the sg-roc garage.

and Not: Should we be discussing about prices on the sg-roc garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Serpent View Post
                          yes.. i think should have one, like me a newbie, not familiar with price and value as in year make also counts.
                          Many sellers tend to sell at pre-owned retailer price in order to make more or to reduce the damage. But certain models and brands may not be available at that point of time to check around with pre-owned shops.

Say e.g. recently a seller selling a Corum watch, i was quite tempted to buy, but luckily after research around and found that the selling price is way too high compared to a pre-owned shop, I let it go and never even wants to talk or disturb the thread. Like this type of brand and model, it may be difficult to judge whether good price or not if there's no pre-owned shop selling.

Lastly, if this place does not benefit newbies, or members. This will be more like a "Online Pre-owned Shops" liao, since selling price does not have difference or cheaper as compare with outside shops. Don't forget, outside shops pay rental, overhead and salary to staffs.
                          I am just comtemplating.

In the world of commence, sellers want to sell high and buyers want to buy low. This is very normal. However, to point out that sellers in this forum should sell lower than what pre-owned shops is selling in view that they have no overheads, is not very practical. When you purchase a watch from the shop, aren't you already indirectly paying for the overheads of that particular shop?

take the below very real scenario for example: One is a gentle harmless reminder via PM while the other is a basher.

"Your watch sells for 1.5k at xxx, you migh want to revise. "

vs

"I will pay you 1.5k. no higher as pre-own shops are selling at that price"

anyway, having said that, i applaud your actions at leaving the seller alone after having found that the price is not what you wish to pay.

To conclude, I think its very normal for sellers to want to recuperate as much as they can as well as its normal for buyers to negotiate and buy as low as they want. When we are here complaining that a seller is selling too high, why isnt there anyone complaining that a buyer is offering too low a price? Reason being that it works both ways.

Sell too high, no one buys. Offer too low, you cant get the item period. If there were to be a thread on this, it should be informative and not to be used to bash prices.
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

ok ok.... so we OT liao... hee hee...

anyone want to start? or should put it, anyone dare to start?
                            Yes you guys OT already...I dun go look at that section 1...so you guys have fun haha

Comment

+1 for this is a free market, willing seller willing buyer.

+1 for price comparison as everyone has a different budget & acceptance. Like Bro Triton mentioned, some may think it's siao to pay 4k for a complete 6694. But, to a collector who's looking for a long ftime or this piece to complete his collection, then maybe it's a cheap price to pay. Seller may also has his reasons to price it at that price. Different price for different buyer.

+1 for phantom seller. Yes, they are always around. Maybe they are the ones who are looking for this particular model & find out that the current maket price is out of their budget. So, they start a FS post @ a low price. The next time someone post the same model FS, they'll use that price as a benchmark to bargain. Bad.

+1 for benchmark price. One should not use a low, one-off price as a benchmark if it's way below the current market price. Like one Bro said, he could be in need of money urgently & thus need to dispose the watch fast. So, the only way is to price it very low to make it irresistible. Or, it could also be the works of the phantom seller.

+1 for not disturbing others' thread in public. I think it should be done in private (maybe through PM). If one wants to sell it at below market price, one can always go straight to the preowned watch dealer. No fuss at all instead of all the lowball abuse in the forum. One should experience it personally then you'll know what it's like.

Just my 2cents.

Dino

Comment

Anyone dare to start?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X