Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WATCH SALES DISCCUSION THREAD - To comment on items on sale at the SG-ROC Garage

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    Anyone dare to start?
    U go ahead... lol.. but i tink the thread is going to be a flame bait thread.. as in its gonna be firing here and there once the topic gets hot...
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

ha ha.... I am a friendly member here.... I don't dare to start.... wait many many bro here

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
      U go ahead... lol.. but i tink the thread is going to be a flame bait thread.. as in its gonna be firing here and there once the topic gets hot...

Comment

edsonchan:

i do not agree this is a FREE-SPEECH forum, it is regulated like many other watch forum, there is a need to strike a balance. like louisoh has mentioned, it may lead to flaming wars.

as such, TS has already thought it through and hence put forth a suggestion and/or feedback. this is to allow fellow members to comment. can you imagine if the thread becomes a flaming thread? have you thought about the consequence(s)?

louisoh:

i have to agree with you that it may lead to flaming war. that is why i pointed out to TS that linking to the sale thread DIRECTLY may not be a good idea. however, i do welcome TS's suggestion on a thread which buyers may seek opinions.

i also have pointed out in previous post that it may get hard to track if there are numerous enquires in a single day.

116520:

maybe you should suggest to edsonchan to get the ball rolling since it was mentioned that No need to discuss whether......Just do it. Start something.

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
        This is a free-speech forum.

Do and say anything you want. No need to discuss whether we need to talk about the price or not..

Just do it. Start something.

The title or this thread is: To comment on items on sale at the sg-roc garage.

and Not: Should we be discussing about prices on the sg-roc garage.
        Anyone dare to start?
        Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hmmz

In the end, there will always be risks when something like this is started, opinions and such get misquoted and flashed out as bargaining chips somewhat like online politics. I guess if we're asked by anyone from the forum to comment on something, just be subjective and realise that sometimes at the end of the day, it is a business transaction between 2 parties and that we should not get involved unless necessary.

I believe that in cases whereby postings are found to be 'fishy' and could hint trouble, our ever vigilant moderators will be there to catch them. Let's just do our best and benefit others as we did when we first came in and were looking for answers and opinions.

In regards to Darkie being a girl and such, now we know why he seldom speaks at outings as come to think of it, he is also quite slim hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            edsonchan:

i do not agree this is a FREE-SPEECH forum, it is regulated like many other watch forum, there is a need to strike a balance. like louisoh has mentioned, it may lead to flaming wars.

as such, TS has already thought it through and hence put forth a suggestion and/or feedback. this is to allow fellow members to comment. can you imagine if the thread becomes a flaming thread? have you thought about the consequence(s)?

louisoh:

i have to agree with you that it may lead to flaming war. that is why i pointed out to TS that linking to the sale thread DIRECTLY may not be a good idea. however, i do welcome TS's suggestion on a thread which buyers may seek opinions.

i also have pointed out in previous post that it may get hard to track if there are numerous enquires in a single day.

116520:

maybe you should suggest to edsonchan to get the ball rolling since it was mentioned that No need to discuss whether......Just do it. Start something.
            I am trying to say that anyone who wants to comment something CAN actually comment something anytime they want. Maybe the terms "free-speech forum" is not appropriate.

To add on to the above point, I just feel that even before anyone comment anything, there are already a lot of views towards this matter.

There are people who are opposing to this idea.. but I just think that if someone want to comment, there is nothing they can do.

There are people who agrees to this idea. If no-ones want to give their comments, they will not get anything as well.

Anyway, in my opinion. Using plain words on forums can light fire already on some other small matters. Commenting on people's sales definitely will start some sparks. An individual thread on commenting this is unnecessary and it will send a wrong signal as well.

We can't we maintain the status quo without this thread? People who want to comment can comment - then mod feels that it is not appropriate can delete.

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
              In regards to Darkie being a girl and such, now we know why he seldom speaks at outings as come to think of it, he is also quite slim hehehe
              Slim and sexy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

anyway...this thread isn't going the way it's supposed to be...

Please keep to the original topic

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Nobody dare to start?
                  Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  anyway...this thread isn't going the way it's supposed to be...

Please keep to the original topic

Comment

Comment

it's pointless to really start to debate on the price the seller wanna sell as the buyer will find someone posting who sell the watch in a low price & he will pm the seller that this person is selling @ this price but the buyer will never tell the seller that he also saw another seller selling the same watch more pricey than you.

For example you might find 1 seller selling this watch @ $222 and you find someone selling @ $111 you will tell the seller you're selling abit expensive but will you tell the seller that you also saw another seller selling @ $333 leh?

So the best way is still to PM the seller to discuss in private if you're keen on the watch & sort it out privately.

Just my 5 cents worth.
                      累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

ok ok.... so we OT liao... hee hee...

anyone want to start? or should put it, anyone dare to start?
                        Anyone dare to start?
                        Nobody dare to start?
                        Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                        START WHAT?!
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Please read the topic of the thread....

You dare to start??

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          START WHAT?!

Comment

Yes, WHY NOT ?!

Read this: http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...185#post152185

A screwed-up buyer!!!
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

What happened? Oceanklassik

You sold yours and now you want to buy back a same watch?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Yes, WHY NOT ?!

Read this: http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...185#post152185

A screwed-up buyer!!!

Comment

To be fair, there are always lowballing buyers who tries to buy below market price and also price gouging sellers who tries to sell above market price out there. Both lowballers and price gougers KNOW their market price and they can only succeed when they meet an unsuspecting buyer/seller who doesn't know the market price.

I feel that this being a forum of watch enthusiasts and collectors (not watch dealers), the bias should be towards fleshing out the price gougers and warning potential buyers about overpaying for a purchase. Its easy to deal with the lowballers...just ignore them. What do we do with the price gougers if we aren't allowed to call them out? If there's a need to hit all the preowned shops and ADs just to find out the market price, what's the use of the collective knowledge of the forummers? Should we just keep quiet and watch a fellow watch enthusiast get fleeced right in front of our eyes so as not to 'disturb' a price gouger's sale?

Maybe there can be a system whereby laojiaos can redflag a sales item if its clearly price gouging? The junior members will trust the laojiaos because they have more knowledge and experience...they are like the village elders looking out for the community

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X