Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mandatory Fields to be Included in WTS thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    So you are implying that every seller must have a picture of the watch ready, if they can't produce it in time and item is sold, seller's thread gets deleted. makes no difference. then what is the penalty? we mods cannot come into consensus that is why we are seeking opinion.

also, as mentioned, we are short handed. who would like to volunteer to help us out? we need someone who can login daily and monitor the sales threads consistently since it is pretty fast moving.
    Like I said, you are the master of the house & you set the R&R. If you think no photo is fine, then it's fine. But, please make your stand clear. You must be decisive. Not whenever a similar discussion arises, you would say conduct poll etc & at the end of the day, even with the poll result being very clear, no action is taken.

Whether you delete the post or give the seller a time grace who violated the R&R, depends on your R&R. Penalty or not, also depends on your R&R. If you look at the sale posts, how many are sold within 24 hours?

Dino

You = Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Hey Dino,

Ok if we were to go ahead with the plan as suggested. 1 thing necessary, manpower.

Manpower as we stated earlier, we are running low on it and I will be starting my attachment next week, so that means only in the evening then I will be able to be online. That means it's gonna get LOWER.

Besides that, need your suggestion on what penalties you think they should be slapped with.
      The members here are all trying to suggest ways to improve the system. Whether to implement or can implement or not, you must decide. If you think all the suggestions are not feasible due to whatever reasons through your Commitee meeting, then just stay with the present R&R. Let the forum knows. Make it clear. Make an announcement since many members are calling for a change.

Remember, you are the ones who call the shot. You are the master of the house. Don't let the guests decide for you.

Penalty wise, I do not have any suggestions.

Dino

You = Mod

Comment

When we want to rule with iron fist, we get bombarded with this forum being too strict, when we seek for opinions you say we are not assertive enough.

poll was conducted. but one of the issues is that most of the 21 ppl who voted yes are not the regular sellers. i would seriously like to hear from the regular sellers such as Elshan, petrolnut, 79ersz, etc. their opinions.

you also need to understand that when a poll is being conducted, it is a preliminary survey.

we believe it is a good idea. implementing it is not easy. you have lots of experience in this buy/sell and you came up with this idea. would you like to come on board to help us? some of us are better @ handling some issues than others. caeden has suggested you to help, Darkangel is calling for your help. would you not want to come on board and help us see thru?

how many are sold? i dont know. but we need to cater for such situations. every system has a loophole to be exploited. we want to implement a system where there are no ambiguity.

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
        Like I said, you are the master of the house & you set the R&R. If you think no photo is fine, then it's fine. But, please make your stand clear. You must be decisive. Not whenever a similar discussion arises, you would say conduct poll etc & at the end of the day, even with the poll result being very clear, no action is taken.

Whether you delete the post or give the seller a time grace who violated the R&R, depends on your R&R. Penalty or not, also depends on your R&R. If you look at the sale posts, how many are sold within 24 hours?

Dino

You = Mod
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have always maintain my stance that this is your forum & you must set the R&R. Whether you want to remain as a friendly forum or a go by the book forum, is up to you to set the R&R.

You have too much worries & thinking too wide. You cannot satisfy everyone. If memebers don't like the R&R here, they can always visit other sites & there are plenty around.

You just set the R&R & get on with it. Whether photo is required or not, penalty etc, you just have to make it clear & not let members wondering. Every forum has its' own unique R&R which caters to different people.

Maybe you are experiencing manpower problem now & you can let the forum know that this or that suggestion is not feasible due to whatever reasons you think is not implementable.

Remember, this is your HOUSE lah

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            When we want to rule with iron fist, we get bombarded with this forum being too strict, when we seek for opinions you say we are not assertive enough.

poll was conducted. but one of the issues is that most of the 21 ppl who voted yes are not the regular sellers. i would seriously like to hear from the regular sellers such as Elshan, petrolnut, 79ersz, etc. their opinions.

you also need to understand that when a poll is being conducted, it is a preliminary survey.

we believe it is a good idea. implementing it is not easy. you have lots of experience in this buy/sell and you came up with this idea. would you like to come on board to help us? some of us are better @ handling some issues than others. caeden has suggested you to help, Darkangel is calling for your help. would you not want to come on board and help us see thru?

how many are sold? i dont know. but we need to cater for such situations. every system has a loophole to be exploited. we want to implement a system where there are no ambiguity.

Unbelievable that you would want to hear from sellers, isn't that like asking the Wolf to guard the hen house (no offense meant to any seller) but should not the BUYERS make the choice, it is their MONEY and they are shelling out the hard earned cash, Sellers are already covered but I thought for sure most posters wanted to protect the BUYERS.

Comment

Pamdino,
              we do note these suggestions and do discuss it and give serious thought abt any suggestions made. As you have correctly stated, this suggestion was brought up before and we already given the explanation then.
              We do revisit this suggestion in our discussion however the mod team do try our best to take every consideration for the various forumers. But it's not possible to please everyone.
              Yes we r the moderators N it is a place we like to call our home with an environment we hope that all would be comfortable with.
              Of course the final decision lies with us. We r seeking more ideas if there are better ways to implement these requirements as there may be someone who could provide an ingenuous solution to this. However, at this moment we r unable to derive at anything feasible. There is also a limitation to our resources. We do have our own life to live, responsibilities and work. Being a mod here is a voluntary role because we care about this forum.
              We r trying to improve here which we hope forumers do appreciate our efforts. Please do not accuse us of being indecisive. We already decided before but we address every suggestion with an open mind but there has to be a viable and effective solution.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

CORRECTION!! We do not protect buyers or sellers. The only way to protect anyone is that we have a security infrastructure in place that both buyer and seller register their NRIC, credit card and we have those validated and they agree to a lengthy legal agreement. If u own this forum, would u invest tens of thousand dollars to implement this? Will u not then want to recoupe on yr investments?

This forum is targetted as a social forum or community to like minded watch lovers. Not to earn revenue. A WTS sub group is there to assist this community in trading their own watches. The owner and the moderators do not benefit financially in any transactions.
                All transactions here are exercised at the sole discretion between both buyer and seller with their own due deligence.
                Like we've stated above, we take in any suggestions to give it considerable thought because we care for this forum. Whether it is viable or not, it's a different issue altogether as we have to assess it accordingly.

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
                Unbelievable that you would want to hear from sellers, isn't that like asking the Wolf to guard the hen house (no offense meant to any seller) but should not the BUYERS make the choice, it is their MONEY and they are shelling out the hard earned cash, Sellers are already covered but I thought for sure most posters wanted to protect the BUYERS.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  Pamdino,
                  we do note these suggestions and do discuss it and give serious thought abt any suggestions made. As you have correctly stated, this suggestion was brought up before and we already given the explanation then.
                  We do revisit this suggestion in our discussion however the mod team do try our best to take every consideration for the various forumers. But it's not possible to please everyone.
                  Yes we r the moderators N it is a place we like to call our home with an environment we hope that all would be comfortable with.
                  Of course the final decision lies with us. We r seeking more ideas if there are better ways to implement these requirements as there may be someone who could provide an ingenuous solution to this. However, at this moment we r unable to derive at anything feasible. There is also a limitation to our resources. We do have our own life to live, responsibilities and work. Being a mod here is a voluntary role because we care about this forum.
                  We r trying to improve here which we hope forumers do appreciate our efforts. Please do not accuse us of being indecisive. We already decided before but we address every suggestion with an open mind but there has to be a viable and effective solution.
                  Swee swee You have stated your constraints & limitations so that everyone knows.

Everyone who visits various sites would obey & observe the stipulated R&R. In the meantime, just stay with the existing set of R&R. I'm always fine with that.

Dino

Comment

Eh... I only stated the obvious.
                    However, like triton n darkie have appealed for any Lao Jiao to step forward to help out. We hope to have new additions to the team.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                      Eh... I only stated the obvious.
                      However, like triton n darkie have appealed for any Lao Jiao to step forward to help out. We hope to have new additions to the team.
                      Maybe you can conduct a "Mod Recruitment Exercise"

Dino

Comment

There is a rule you could also add that would take some of the work load off of the Mods.

Pictures required for any watches that are posted with a price of SGD 5,000 or more.

Seems like a good compromise.

Comment

frankly, No. It would not change a thing. We still need to check the threads and identify those who don't. In fact, it would add on to the scope. Most popular Swiss watches that sellers are flipping are now more than 5k models.

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
                          There is a rule you could also add that would take some of the work load off of the Mods.

Pictures required for any watches that are posted with a price of SGD 5,000 or more.

Seems like a good compromise.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Just my 2cents of comment. Whether is with or w/o a picture does not make much of a differents. The world wide web is so big, the "seller" can just copy n paste here photo taken by others without u even knowing it. Moreover the pic is being taken by the seller, he can take it at a nice angle or at the angle where the watch is scratchless. But when u saw the watch, it may be a different story. The bottom line would be u personally check the watch or send it to RSC to authenticate before committing. And how much u trust the seller... You as a buyer, u can backed off from the deal if you have any doubt since it is ur own $...
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                              Maybe you can conduct a "Mod Recruitment Exercise"

Dino
                              i will vote sys12345! I think most ppl would know sys12345 has been a mod at Watch Talk World forum for sometime now.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X