Leave a comment:

• Azarisk
    replied
    I agree with you guys..

Leave a comment:

• yi_ah
    replied
    Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    May I propose that any WTS/WTT/WTB threads be directly removed (either automatically by system or manually by mods) if they are inactive for a certain period, says 3 or 6 months.

Since we are using this forum for trading free of charge, I think all of us should take responsibility and put in a little bit more effort to monitor and update our sale threads. The trading forums would then be "cleaner" and more up-to-date, and our volunteer mods would not need to waste their time in sending reminders.

The TS can always start a new thread if he/she still need to sell/trade/buy the item after the old thread is gone.

Good suggestion ups

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Mr pegasi, you don't want me around anymore ah..so sad .

Normally, I only give reminders to those who still log in recently. I will not do so if say, the last log-in of a member is like a year or more ago. I apologise if I am causing inconvenience to some of you here. I thought I could do some cleaning up a bit with little spare time in hand..

I'll probably quit when I can no longer afford the hobby or have no more interest in it. Or may be, the owners of this forum decide to quit me
    Don't wanna OT in this thread but...

I love you to death so please don't go bro Ocean. You are doing a fantastic job as mod.

If you don't know me by now you will never never never now me
    (by Simply Red)

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    A simple solution might be, just leave the old open sale threads in the sale garage as they are. Why bother to send reminder when the sellers themselves don't bother? What if our dedicated mod ocean quit as mod one day?

As for bandwidth/space, there should be no difference between leaving the threads in the sale garage and moving them to the sold items...?
    Mr pegasi, you don't want me around anymore ah..so sad .

Normally, I only give reminders to those who still log in recently. I will not do so if say, the last log-in of a member is like a year or more ago. I apologise if I am causing inconvenience to some of you here. I thought I could do some cleaning up a bit with little spare time in hand..

I'll probably quit when I can no longer afford the hobby or have no more interest in it. Or may be, the owners of this forum decide to quit me

Leave a comment:

• Caliber
    replied
    A simple solution might be, just leave the old open sale threads in the sale garage as they are. Why bother to send reminder when the sellers themselves don't bother? What if our dedicated mod ocean quit as mod one day?

As for bandwidth/space, there should be no difference between leaving the threads in the sale garage and moving them to the sold items...?
    R u suggesting mod ocean 2 quit ?

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Clubmomo View Post
    I think they have their reason for keeping those thread. Looking at the last comment given by one of the Mod.
    Or maybe having another sub-section for those old not updated posting? In this way u keep those thread, and seller can go there to looking for their missing thread to bring it back up.....

Cheers.
    Once you are logged in, it's just two clicks away to find all started threads including those that are moved to the "sold items"

Leave a comment:

• Clubmomo
    replied
    I think they have their reason for keeping those thread. Looking at the last comment given by one of the Mod.
    Or maybe having another sub-section for those old not updated posting? In this way u keep those thread, and seller can go there to looking for their missing thread to bring it back up.....

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    I believe you are referring to old sale threads. There isn't already such a rule.

But there was already a similar feedback before (from me) and some discussions around that.

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/60678-...e-sale-threads

I still find it pretty annoying to see 20-30 reminders pop up at the top of the sale garages, but I guess how I feel isn't important

Leave a comment:

• Clubmomo
    replied
    Regarding old post

Just wanna suggest Mod implementing rule like post not update within 2 months will be automatically close. Pardon me if there is already such a rule.
    Cos I noticed Mod have been very helpful with checking for update in many old posting. It may cause some confusion. With this rule Mod can save the trouble of checking individual post every time.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    thank you for your feedback. there are other reasons why the threads are kept there.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Triton,

I think most of us understand that the mods are voluntary and should not be burdened with more unnecessary or non value-add tasks. Which is exactly why larry88 and myslef suggested that the very old sale threads be removed straight away, be it manually or automatically. For the mods to send reminders is actually an extra work, as they eventually still have to remove the threads when there is no response - I guess there are more cases where there is no response to the reminder than those who has a response, as many of these TS do not log on regularly. Will getting the TS to respond and give instruction to close the thread make them more responsible in this forum in future? I have my doubt.

In view of the fast increase in membership and number of posts in sg-roc and the constraint with resources to continue to provide free service, I think you may have to take a slightly different approach to maintain and upkeep the forum in a more efficient way. I think so long the rules are clear, no one should complain or question the mods. For the few who does, the mods can simply point to the rules.

In ebay, sellers who use it for free are given up to a max 10 days to sell their stuff. If an item is unsold and the ad not relisted within 90 days after its expiry, the ad will be removed.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    your views are valid. the reasons why mods are not deleting or removing threads is for couple of reasons.

1) sg-roc is letting thread starters to be responsible for their threads. it is a free service provided for members. the mods in this forum are doing this for the love of this forum. they are not paid so they should not be tasked to do more than necessary.

2) and yes, sg-roc can perform automated tasks and to prevent any misunderstanding if thread starters comes back and questions the mods for removing without prior informing.

Originally posted by larry88
    I suggest that all threads that are older than a period of time (eg, 6 months) to be removed or deleted.

if anyone is keen on selling their watch and not updating their thread after 6 months, chances are they have sold it or changed their mind and dont even bother to update the threads and either way, warrants the mod to remove these threads.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X