Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    Thank you for your feedback, another member has already alerted me to the concerns. have acted on it.

thank you both and the rest who are shy to feedback to the administration and/or mod.

SG-ROC apologises to all for all the inconvienience caused. thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Originally posted by Twist View Post
    I suggest mods to send reminders as a private message to only the owners of the inactive threads instead of flooding the garage as it is really messy and disturbing.

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    im particularly fond on purging of old threads, as buyers tend to use previous threads as an indicative figure of price. archiving would be a better alternative, but if im not wrong, will incur a higher cost (in terms of storage/bandwidth/etc)

Leave a comment:

• Twist
    replied
    I suggest mods to send reminders as a private message to only the owners of the inactive threads instead of flooding the garage as it is really messy and disturbing.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    your opinion and everyone else has value. it is such feedback which gives the administration to consider.

currently the administration is the process of considering increasing bandwidth due to higher usage.

the idea of pruning threads have been around for couple of years. administration is still considering, this is because we have encountered a small number of sellers coming back to sell the same item. also need to consider if we want to archive it or delete it.

administration thanks everyone for your feedback. hopefully we can find a solution to cater to all needs.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
    My no value opinion....

If bandwidth is no issue.....the let these inscribe threads just drop to the back....mod also no need to be bother to follow up.

If want to save bandwidth, the set a automatic deletion of such threads after 6 months...also no need mods to monitor.

Some sellers come in post to sell, then they disappear and never log in so can't get them to follow up.

For price reference purpose, the sold section is more realistic as it was a done deal. WTS prices are not very realistic plus may not be relevant after 6 months as prices might have changes.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    actually, there are some current active sellers who appear from time to time and then create duplicate threads. if you noticed some threads are exact same post. no change in price. better still, some even up their selling price for one reason or another. some mods including myself have taken time to merge such threads together.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    It is more convenient to find one's sale thread and up it, as comapared to creating a duplicate one. Hence I do not think it is a normal behaviour for a seller to duplicate a sale thread unless he intend to change some info in the sale thread or for some other reasons. I do observe that some sellers create duplicate sale threat that is exactly the same as the old one which is still not closed. One reason I could make out of that behaviour, is that the seller migh feel that the old thread has been "up" too many times thus giving people the impression that the watch is not desired and as a result he/she might not have a good bargaining power.

My point is, you already have this issue of duplicate threads today (though not serious), and by force-removing the inactive threads should not make the situaion worse.

Leave a comment:

• KuchingKu
    replied
    My no value opinion....

If bandwidth is no issue.....the let these inscribe threads just drop to the back....mod also no need to be bother to follow up.

If want to save bandwidth, the set a automatic deletion of such threads after 6 months...also no need mods to monitor.

Some sellers come in post to sell, then they disappear and never log in so can't get them to follow up.

For price reference purpose, the sold section is more realistic as it was a done deal. WTS prices are not very realistic plus may not be relevant after 6 months as prices might have changes.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by illusion84 View Post

The TS can always start a new thread if he/she still need to sell/trade/buy the item after the old thread is gone.

that's a good suggestion bro but for the highlighted in red will be a small issue, there bound to be someone out there lazy to check and see whether their thread had been removed and start to recreate new thread and there will be multiple thread selling the same stuff over and over again.

Maybe we can think of ways to fine tune it.
    It is more convenient to find one's sale thread and up it, as comapared to creating a duplicate one. Hence I do not think it is a normal behaviour for a seller to duplicate a sale thread unless he intend to change some info in the sale thread or for some other reasons. I do observe that some sellers create duplicate sale threat that is exactly the same as the old one which is still not closed. One reason I could make out of that behaviour, is that the seller migh feel that the old thread has been "up" too many times thus giving people the impression that the watch is not desired and as a result he/she might not have a good bargaining power.

My point is, you already have this issue of duplicate threads today (though not serious), and by force-removing the inactive threads should not make the situaion worse.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Maybe I was not clear enough. By inactive, I mean "open" WTS/WTT/WTB threads that are not updated by TS as sold/traded/found after some time.

As it is, our mods (particularly Ocean) have had to "up" these open threads to ask for update. Hence my idea is to straight away remove these threads when they become "expired" which would make the job easier for the mods.

Those threads that are properly closed by the TS by indicating sold/traded/found should still be moved to the "items sold" forum for record and for members to compare prices.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    one of the purpose for keeping the thread around is to allow members to compare price. this is one way to ensure that there is more transparency to help members from not paying excessive price.

mods can help clean up. but already so much work to do by monitoring members who do not post in relevant section. post items without reading rules and regulations. still want to put additional work load on only few active mods?

you hit it on the nail. be responsible. but some are not. so how?

any suggestions/feedback is welcome

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    May I propose that any WTS/WTT/WTB threads be directly removed (either automatically by system or manually by mods) if they are inactive for a certain period, says 3 or 6 months.

Since we are using this forum for trading free of charge, I think all of us should take responsibility and put in a little bit more effort to monitor and update our sale threads. The trading forums would then be "cleaner" and more up-to-date, and our volunteer mods would not need to waste their time in sending reminders.

The TS can always start a new thread if he/she still need to sell/trade/buy the item after the old thread is gone.

Leave a comment:

• CFC
    replied

that's a good suggestion bro but for the highlighted in red will be a small issue, there bound to be someone out there lazy to check and see whether their thread had been removed and start to recreate new thread and there will be multiple thread selling the same stuff over and over again.

Maybe we can think of ways to fine tune it.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    started a topic Removal of old inactive sale threads

Removal of old inactive sale threads

May I propose that any WTS/WTT/WTB threads be directly removed (either automatically by system or manually by mods) if they are inactive for a certain period, says 3 or 6 months.

Since we are using this forum for trading free of charge, I think all of us should take responsibility and put in a little bit more effort to monitor and update our sale threads. The trading forums would then be "cleaner" and more up-to-date, and our volunteer mods would not need to waste their time in sending reminders.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X