Replica watch that is for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica watch that is for sale

Hi guys and girls, my friend was in the market for an IWC Top Gun and in Dec 2012 messaged a seller about his piece for sale. He exchanged sms and an email picture with this seller for the watch. They went to Richemont together to verify the watch, but Richemont said sorry they can't service the watch because it is not from IWC. They also said it was previously sent for verification before but failed as it is not from IWC. Basically it is a replica.

An extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale.

Though this watch may not be the same piece, and the previous sales thread closed, the fact is I'm worried that it may still be the/a replica piece and some person on this forum may get cheated. What is the correct way to handle this? I've flagged the post to moderators but it may not be quick enough, but at the same time I don't want to falsely accuse anyone.

My fellow forumers, please assist what is the best way to go about this?

In the meantime, please verify any pieces you may want to buy. Thank you.
    Last edited by raxx; 17-04-13, 10:44 AM.
    Fortiter et Fideliter
    My Mistresses: Rolex Submariners & Deepsea, Breitling Super Avenger & Sea-Wolf, Pam389, Montres Militare,Tag Heuer Carrera, Rolex President, U-Boat Classico, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Omega Speedmaster

Thanks for the heads-up bro, I got an idea of which piece it is...
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

can TS post the thread, photo of watch and id of seller (if still available) so that potential buyers can be warned

Comment

Your info is good but if you may give full info than outstanding. Please put seller name, if not all IWC seller in trable right, and all IWC buyer worries and stop buying at SG roc.

Comment

kindly forward me the nick and/or thread in concern.

thank you.

Originally posted by raxx View Post
          Hi guys and girls, my friend was in the market for an IWC Top Gun and in Dec 2012 messaged a seller about his piece for sale. He exchanged sms and an email picture with this seller for the watch. They went to Richemont together to verify the watch, but Richemont said sorry they can't service the watch because it is not from IWC. They also said it was previously sent for verification before but failed as it is not from IWC. Basically it is a replica.

Though this watch may not be the same piece, and the previous sales thread closed, the fact is I'm worried that it may still be the/a replica piece and some person on this forum may get cheated. What is the correct way to handle this? I've flagged the post to moderators but it may not be quick enough, but at the same time I don't want to falsely accuse anyone.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi guys, I've PM'ed Triton about it, I'd suggest if you do buy any watch to get it verified, the replica's are now extremely spot on and come with box, papers, movements etc... The model of the watch is in my above post, but I'd prefer to let the moderators handle the issue, but there is eye witness and Richemont records to back us up. I'm sure most of us are honest buyers and sellers, but unfortunately, there will always be a few who spoil the barrel.
            Fortiter et Fideliter
            My Mistresses: Rolex Submariners & Deepsea, Breitling Super Avenger & Sea-Wolf, Pam389, Montres Militare,Tag Heuer Carrera, Rolex President, U-Boat Classico, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Omega Speedmaster

Comment

Siao liao loh, all IWC Top Gun seller will have to hold their gun for the time being liao loh

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Interested to know who paid for verification in the end? Is the verification fee usually paid after or before verification?

Comment

I think you realy must give name. If not all IWC Top Gun seller will have problem Aiyo. THE END

Comment

Thanks bro raxx. If we have the name would be better just in case the seller sells other watch as well.

Comment

Furthermore, I thought Richmont does not do verification.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up.

Interested to know who paid for verification in the end? Is the verification fee usually paid after or before verification?
                        Not sure for Richemont but for RSC payment only after verification.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                          Let master triton do his job bah.
                          But I also anxious want to know who.
                          Ok you are right. But what happen if his sale still on, what going to happen to SG roc buyer. I think I not happy to see buyer post say I buy fake watch.

Comment

first, when was this transaction made? because it seems that the event occured like about 4 months ago. if this is the case, why is it that now the issue of replica watch is made known now which is much later.

second, if the seller willingly know that the watch is fake, why would the seller accompany the buyer to Richemont to verify the watch? honestly, if i am the seller who is selling a fake watch, why would i go with buyer to Richemont to verify?

third, with reference to your pm, i shall not quote (for now), one referred to a watch sold and one watch withdrawn. is the seller still selling the watch in concern? if yes, can you pm me the link?

fourth, unless there is much changes to the front desk where there are 3 ladies attending to customers, which lady in the front desk did you/your friend who took the watch in? can you provide a narrow period of which part of dec 2012 did you/your friend go? if it is not during dec 2012, then which date? this is to allow me to approach richemont for further assistance.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Triton,

To answer your questions:

1. The previous post was taken down after they went to Richemont on 20th December.

2. It had failed to be serviced by Richemont, and they said it had failed to be serviced before as it was not from IWC. I'm not here to speculate why, just giving the facts.

3. I've never said it's the same watch, it may or may not be, as I said in my first post, "an extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale". Some guy may just buy it without verifying it. We all don't want this to happen. The PM I sent you is with the older thread that was closed, the other thread is open.

4. See point 1.

Do let us know the findings of your investigation

Thanks.
                              Fortiter et Fideliter

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X