No announcement yet.

Replica watch that is for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for providing information. will drop by richemont next week as i got quite abit of work to clear these few days.

i do hope that richemont is willing to provide some information. did you/your friend register name before sending in? if yes, can you pm me the name?

can you address the point i made in italics?

Originally posted by triton View Post

second, if the seller willingly know that the watch is fake, why would the seller accompany the buyer to Richemont to verify the watch? honestly, if i am the seller who is selling a fake watch, why would i go with buyer to Richemont to verify?
    Originally posted by raxx View Post
    Hi Triton,

To answer your questions:

1. The previous post was taken down after they went to Richemont on 20th December.

2. It had failed to be serviced by Richemont, and they said it had failed to be serviced before as it was not from IWC. I'm not here to speculate why, just giving the facts.

3. I've never said it's the same watch, it may or may not be, as I said in my first post, "an extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale". Some guy may just buy it without verifying it. We all don't want this to happen. The PM I sent you is with the older thread that was closed, the other thread is open.

4. See point 1.

Do let us know the findings of your investigation

Thanks.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Triton,

I cannot answer you on that. You are asking me about their own psychology and circumstances. There may be many reasons why they went down, I don't want to speculate. And that to me is not the main point, the point is that during that trip, the watch was not an IWC watch, and a very similar watch has come up for sale again. I'm sure Richemont will have the records. I'll update you with anymore information I have over pm as this isn't the place to bring it all up imho. Thanks.
      Fortiter et Fideliter
      My Mistresses: Rolex Submariners & Deepsea, Breitling Super Avenger & Sea-Wolf, Pam389, Montres Militare,Tag Heuer Carrera, Rolex President, U-Boat Classico, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Omega Speedmaster

Comment

what i am trying to say is that no seller with the right frame of mind who has a fake watch will go with buyer to a authorized service centre to do verification.

why risk your reputation to sell a fake watch by going to service centre to verify. does not make sense.

may we know if seller apologize for the fake watch? any communication after the verification process, if any?

your intention is to alert members that this particular may sell fake watches is commendable.

however, as i have said before to many members before, dont save the verification money. i have bought watches from reputable preown shops before, i always tell the shop that i will verify the watch @ respective service centre.

Hi Triton,

I cannot answer you on that. You are asking me about their own psychology and circumstances. There may be many reasons why they went down, I don't want to speculate. And that to me is not the main point, the point is that during that trip, the watch was not an IWC watch, and a very similar watch has come up for sale again. I'm sure Richemont will have the records. I'll update you with anymore information I have over pm as this isn't the place to bring it all up imho. Thanks.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks Triton, just found out the seller apologized and said he did not know it was fake, the post was withdrawn and there was no communication afterward Richemont. There was no receipt as they would not do the service of the watch.
          Fortiter et Fideliter
          My Mistresses: Rolex Submariners & Deepsea, Breitling Super Avenger & Sea-Wolf, Pam389, Montres Militare,Tag Heuer Carrera, Rolex President, U-Boat Classico, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Omega Speedmaster

Comment

Dear Triton and Raxx,
            I think what transpired probably went like this.
            Last December, the seller did not know his watch was fake and willingly got it verified.
            Upon realizing it was fake, he rightfully withdrew the sale, himself being the victim. As Bro Raxx & his friend felt that this was a reasonable course of action on the part of the seller, they decided not to pursue the matter and alert members in the forum.

As time passed by, the watch surfaced for sale again. Maybe it is the same watch as the seller just wants to offload it to another 'victim' or it could be a different watch, hence Bro Raxx felt he had to do what is necessary to warn fellow forum members to be careful and get the watch verified before purchase, am I right in this assessment, Bro Raxx?
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

Thanks bro Toffeesthings, it is exactly what has transpired.
              Fortiter et Fideliter

Comment

First I would like to thank you for this alert, though I roughly think which seller you are referring to.

Few thought provoking started to appear

You are raising this alert because another similar watch appeared. Does this mean you are only saying this particular watch can be fake but other watches are real?

Any reason for you to lead you to think that this watch the seller is selling is also fake? any tell tale signs like serial number?

This is serious allegations which affect directly the seller and the forum indirectly?

Hi guys and girls, my friend was in the market for an IWC Top Gun and in Dec 2012 messaged a seller about his piece for sale. He exchanged sms and an email picture with this seller for the watch. They went to Richemont together to verify the watch, but Richemont said sorry they can't service the watch because it is not from IWC. They also said it was previously sent for verification before but failed as it is not from IWC. Basically it is a replica.

An extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale.

In the meantime, please verify any pieces you may want to buy. Thank you.
                Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                Dear Triton and Raxx,
                Last December, the seller did not know his watch was fake and willingly got it verified.
                Upon realizing it was fake, he rightfully withdrew the sale, himself being the victim. As Bro Raxx & his friend felt that this was a reasonable course of action on the part of the seller, they decided not to pursue the matter and alert members in the forum.

As time passed by, the watch surfaced for sale again. Maybe it is the same watch as the seller just wants to offload it to another 'victim' or it could be a different watch, hence Bro Raxx felt he had to do what is necessary to warn fellow forum members to be careful and get the watch verified before purchase, am I right in this assessment, Bro Raxx?
                Thanks bro Toffeesthings, it is exactly what has transpired.

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                  Dear Triton and Raxx,

This incident is freaking me out, and amazingly seller is still a mystery? I came to know this only at this moment, i was looking into this section if it's appropriate to post an experience of a sale.

So there was a replica watch for sale here as a genuine, and did seller explained to the forum owners..?

Comment

OMG. I bought couple of IWCs at the forum. Will need to verify those.

Comment

this is quite scary.

Comment

Hi guys and girls, my friend was in the market for an IWC Top Gun and in Dec 2012 messaged a seller about his piece for sale. He exchanged sms and an email picture with this seller for the watch. They went to Richemont together to verify the watch, but Richemont said sorry they can't service the watch because it is not from IWC. They also said it was previously sent for verification before but failed as it is not from IWC. Basically it is a replica.

An extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale.

Though this watch may not be the same piece, and the previous sales thread closed, the fact is I'm worried that it may still be the/a replica piece and some person on this forum may get cheated. What is the correct way to handle this? I've flagged the post to moderators but it may not be quick enough, but at the same time I don't want to falsely accuse anyone.

My fellow forumers, please assist what is the best way to go about this?

In the meantime, please verify any pieces you may want to buy. Thank you.

Facebook - label store sg

selling fakes

Comment

the scary ones are the Franken. some even have franken 3135 movement inside.

Comment

4th post ...slowly slowly clock

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Always do a verification with the rsc etc if buying pre owned.

It's like a insurance, if u can spend few " k " why not $107.

And you can sleep better after spending that $107. It's the most well spent money ever. Lol

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X