X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help From Bros in SRC

Bros what can i do if i kenna scammed??

Traded my watch for a fake.

Although it is not from SGROC but from carousell. But still hope someone can help me out

User Name: carousell.com/wolfman

Scenario: Traded with him using my AP ROO for His Hublot Rose Gold Top up from my side. As i am not familiar with Hublot and he has a receipt which he has changed the strap from hublot MBS. I felt comfortable that his watch was authentic. Today i went to do some servicing at my trusted watch maker he told me it was fake. I got a shock of my life and i am still unable to get hold of that guy but i have already reported to carousell admin. But since i am a member here for so long wish i could get some help of people here.

Thanks in advance

sorry. to hear about it.

make a police report?

the only recourse is you can prove that the person who traded you with the watch indeed does have the intent to cheat you.

good luck.

Originally posted by somacruzgoh View Post
    Bros what can i do if i kenna scammed??

Traded my watch for a fake.

Although it is not from SGROC but from carousell. But still hope someone can help me out

User Name: carousell.com/wolfman

Scenario: Traded with him using my AP ROO for His Hublot Rose Gold Top up from my side. As i am not familiar with Hublot and he has a receipt which he has changed the strap from hublot MBS. I felt comfortable that his watch was authentic. Today i went to do some servicing at my trusted watch maker he told me it was fake. I got a shock of my life and i am still unable to get hold of that guy but i have already reported to carousell admin. But since i am a member here for so long wish i could get some help of people here.

Thanks in advance
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yes. Pls lodge a police report as soon as you can. Don't let it take too long. Provide as much information as you can about how you got to know the person, his contact details, physical appearance, mode and type of transport, etc.

Sorry to learn about this. Do keep us posted here if you can.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

omg, this is terrible. good luck, hope cops can help you!

Comment

Re: Scam of Watch

Dear All Bros from SG-ROC,

The Issue has been resolved between me and the other party.
          Reason for not replying from the other party: He was overseas during the time of incident.
          The other party has no knowledge of the watch being fake.

Thanks for all the advice and support from the forum members.

Comment

Originally posted by somacruzgoh View Post
            Dear All Bros from SG-ROC,

The Issue has been resolved between me and the other party.
            Reason for not replying from the other party: He was overseas during the time of incident.
            The other party has no knowledge of the watch being fake.

Thanks for all the advice and support from the forum members.
            so that dude now play dumb..? you have photos of the case back for us all to see and remember?? Lucky you have sent it for service and you were told that it was not authentic..

Comment

This is pretty scary...any caseback photos to post here just in case?

Comment

hey man, sorry to hear. but can you post a picture of it?
                and also get a report done asap

Comment

Lucky for you that all had been resolved.

Comment

Questions especially to seasoned buyers/sellers.

1. As a buyer, what are the things to look out for when you buy a pre-owned watches especially online e.g.: forum, carousell, sgwatchmall, chrono24?

2. As a seller, how do i give my buyer a peace of mind that he bought an authentic piece from me?

Comment

1) as for buying pre-own, you may want to read this thread.

2) always ask buyer to verify the watch before purchase

Originally posted by fable View Post
                      Questions especially to seasoned buyers/sellers.

1. As a buyer, what are the things to look out for when you buy a pre-owned watches especially online e.g.: forum, carousell, sgwatchmall, chrono24?

2. As a seller, how do i give my buyer a peace of mind that he bought an authentic piece from me?
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        1) as for buying pre-own, you may want to read this thread.

2) always ask buyer to verify the watch before purchase
                        awesome information! thanks!!

Comment

Oh my.. hope everything is okay man!

Comment

What's the process of asking buyer to verify watch?

Keep a collateral or is there a regulated middle man who can keep the full cash while waiting for authentication ?

Comment

only the buyer will be deciding if the watch in concern needs verification. no one else will be asking buyer to verify watch.

who keeps the collateral? seller? what does seller want as collateral? then again will a buyer hand over a collateral just to buy a watch?

even if there is a regulated middle man? who is the body/agency who approve of this middle man? then again, you are making things even more complex now. you have a situation where the seller is wary of the buyer and vice versa especially when both are strangers to one another. now you add another stranger into the equation.

Originally posted by Sgdividends View Post
                              What's the process of asking buyer to verify watch?

Keep a collateral or is there a regulated middle man who can keep the full cash while waiting for authentication ?

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X