Tag Heuer for Servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to service Quartz Tag Heuer?

My Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz stopped running hence and I sent it to Hourglass for them to deal with. They helped me to send it to Tag heuer and 2 quotations were given.

1) Change of battery only. $55

2) Recommended complete service which includes the following jobs : -

Removing of watch case.
    Adjusting the rate of movement.
    Check functioning of movement.
    Verifying components for defects.
    Replace battery.
    Replace all gasket.
    Replace parts.
    Cleaning of case and parts (if applicable).
    Re-assembling the watch.
    Check water-resistance.
    Check for accuracy.

$340 (must wait for 2 - 3 months)

Question for pros here is whether the battery really cost so much and whether
    does a quartz watch needs servicing? If so, any other recommended places?

Thanks!!

Comment

Any watch, be it quartz/mechanical auto/manual wind, requires servicing in one way or another after a long period of time. Of course, getting a battery change with the agent will cost more as compared to most third party watch service. If it is costly to you, try seeking price quotations outside.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Just wish to know if its necessary. I bet no one would want to service a quartz tag heuer at $340 when one only needs to spend <$200 to service a rolex. A pity my usual technician does not service quartz tag heuer but he mentions that if a replacement battery can get the watch moving, likely not necessary to service. Fyi, necessary is the issue rather than costly.

Any bros have lobangs to service quartz tag heuer preferbly around central or town area? Search the forum but most of them are either in the East or West.

I hardly wear this tag as i rotate mainly my automatic ones. but this tag has sentimental value hence can't risk damaging it.

Cheers

Comment

about 1½ years ago, i sent in 2 of my tag heuer that is more than 20 years ago for service. the cost of servicing cost more than the cost of the watch. in the end, i still paid for it as those 2 watches i wore them during secondary school days.

like you say, it is of sentimental value. so if you want to see it moving, the cost should not be an issue if it holds sentimental value. if dont need to see it moving, then just remove battery and leave it there.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Check your pm

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story Bro Triton and many thanks for the lobang Bro visvim,
              it's most helpful!

Cheers

Comment

my wife's quartz tissot needed battery change too. a 3rd party watch shop said in opening the watch, the water resistance is compromised. so the agent does ensure not just a new batt, but more importantly, everything stays intact. as my wife does not use it for rugged use, a batt change was good enough. i guess it depends on how u use the watch. if u need it for water activities, then better svc at the agent.

having said that, if it cost this much to svc a quartz to maintain its quality, you're better buying an auto. i was recently considering some quartz Tags. guess yr post will make me rethink

Comment

Hi Trento,

My sentiments exactly. If it costs just as much or even higher to service a quartz watch, perhaps one should consider getting an automatic one. Furthermore, a battery change is needed perhaps every 2-3 years and one may worry about the water resistance being compromised if not being serviced/changed at agent.

But having said that, my other cheap quartz watches bought many years ago e.g seiko, titus, casio do not seem to give me any trouble despite changing batteries every few years (touch wood) .

Comment

There is shop in far east which help u change batt just 10 dollar only... Better change it... If not the batt will leak n spoilt the mechanism inside.. My concord is one example....sad....

Comment

Hi Pros, I need to service my wife quartz tag heuer and was giver a quota of $340 (SOP price?)
                      Anyone can recommended other places?
                      Thank

Comment

Anyone have a good place to service tag heur watches. Pls recommend. Don't know wat happen the date dosent change.

Comment

Anyone can recommend good place to service Tag Heur watches

Hi anyone can recommend a good place to serivce Tag Heur watches as my watch date doesn't change. Tks

Comment

Tag Grier uses eta/ valjoux in almost all their watches. You can bring it in tokay of the local ad's like sincere, Rhg, cortina. They have in-house watch repair teams. Or one if the more reputable ones all over sg like png, and this one at far east plaza. Can't remember the name.
                            I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                            http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

I just had my wife quartz Tag repaired (not moving even with new batt) and service for $95 by Mr Goh of K2 watch.
                              Passion for Perfection

Comment

I just sent my Tag Heuer SEL series quart (discontinued model which was replace by LINK series) today to LVMH (official Tag Heuer service center) with the intend to change my battery. Was quoted $50 to change battery and gasket initially. But after assessment, they claimed that the watch is dry and need to be overhaul and oil. Was quoted $270 eventually for the complete overhaul service which includes battery and gasket change and polishing of the whole watch (including bracelet) too. Will come with a one year warranty after that.

Feels that it is kind of pricey for a Tag Heuer but I still proceeded with it as I kind of like the watch and it has been with me for a long time. Though I hardly wears it nowadays.

Of course if I were to just change the battery at any watch shop outside, it would have cost me only $10. Most likely the watch will still works without the overhaul (hopefully!).

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X