iwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    cannot agree more. the perpetual calendar and minute repeater..........

High end dress watches man...
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post

High end dress watches man...
      high end is one thing, i believe their quality of watches......
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

high end is one thing, i believe their quality of watches......
        Well said. In fact the entire Portuguese series in simply stunning

Comment

I dunno bro... Its like I remember looking at these watches and handling a few pieces owned by my friend when in UK a few years back (those were older models, some vintage), really nice... One of them was a mark 13 or 14 flieger.... IWC doesnt seem to produce them anymore

The newer ones, I had a look at the HG boutique, while its nice, I seem to deviate towards similar watches by glastutte original.

The portuguese is really nice but those I handed just didnt do it for me somewhat...

I will come to relove the brand... but for now other "cheaper" watches await

Comment

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
            I dunno bro... Its like I remember looking at these watches and handling a few pieces owned by my friend when in UK a few years back (those were older models, some vintage), really nice... One of them was a mark 13 or 14 flieger.... IWC doesnt seem to produce them anymore

The newer ones, I had a look at the HG boutique, while its nice, I seem to deviate towards similar watches by glastutte original.

The portuguese is really nice but those I handed just didnt do it for me somewhat...

I will come to relove the brand... but for now other "cheaper" watches await
            Mark XIII & XIV? You're probably right. I don't think they're in production anymore. But they're very sought after by collectors in Europe and the US. If I'm not wrong, I think the latest Mark series is the Mark XVI?

Comment

Bro Minusplus... thank you.. I too hope to be able to own one... any advice where to hunt for the 500107 I am after? Is 10k a preowned reasonable? or you reckon should push for lower?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                Bro Minusplus... thank you.. I too hope to be able to own one... any advice where to hunt for the 500107 I am after? Is 10k a preowned reasonable? or you reckon should push for lower?
                Not sure what's the list price. But if you're talking about pre-owned, can look at around 60% of the list price. Depends on condition, age and accessories coming with the watch of course

Comment

should ask for lower...IMHO
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Thanks Minusplus and Triton,

Sorry for this stupid qns.. do you know the list price in Singapore? Don't have time to go down time these few days... thanks in advance.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Thanks Minusplus and Triton,

Sorry for this stupid qns.. do you know the list price in Singapore? Don't have time to go down time these few days... thanks in advance.
                      Not sure bro. But don't need to go down personally to check. Just call can already. They will disclose the list price but for how many % discount, they can only tell you when you go down

http://www.thehourglass.com/

Think only the outlet at MW carries IWC. The rest don't

List price everywhere more or less the same. Only the discount varies a bit. Check it out and let us know the list price also man. I also interested to know

Comment

Bro, MW THG informed no stock. List @ 17,400. normally less 25% only.

Just curious.. a pre-owned is asking abt $10k, do you think if I were to ask for 60% off list price for pre-owned alittle too agressive? or is this the norm? Pardon me as I am unfamiliar with the market standards.. new to watches too.. Please duo duo zi jiao..

Not sure bro. But don't need to go down personally to check. Just call can already. They will disclose the list price but for how many % discount, they can only tell you when you go down

http://www.thehourglass.com/

Think only the outlet at MW carries IWC. The rest don't

List price everywhere more or less the same. Only the discount varies a bit. Check it out and let us know the list price also man. I also interested to know

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Just curious.. a pre-owned is asking abt $10k, do you think if I were to ask for 60% off list price for pre-owned alittle too agressive? or is this the norm? Pardon me as I am unfamiliar with the market standards.. new to watches too.. Please duo duo zi jiao..
                          No worries bro. Most glad to be able to share.

First, I think to ask for 60% of the list price is reasonable. 60% off the list price is a bit too aggressive.

Again, it depends on the condition and age of the watch. Also depends whether it comes with box and papers or not. You manage to find a pre-owned one? How old is it and what's the condition like?

Comment

No worries bro. Most glad to be able to share.

First, I think to ask for 60% of the list price is reasonable. 60% off the list price is a bit too aggressive.

Again, it depends on the condition and age of the watch. Also depends whether it comes with box and papers or not. You manage to find a pre-owned one? How old is it and what's the condition like?
                            very much agreed with what minusplus' comments. think need to look around the market to see how much fellow pre-own shops are offering. watch condition is a major factor on how much you will pay for. box and papers are also some conditions to be taken into. other factor to take into consideration is when was watch last service.

bear in mind that no watch and given quotes are not a good indicator. this is because some dealers might give unreasonable low/high price. so best is if got stock and price.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

hi Minusplus n Triton,

Thanks for the advice. The problem is tat its hard to come across a pre-owned portuguese 500107... So pretty hard to compare. So am preparing myself with these knowledge, and if I do come across one, i will not plunge into an over-priced purchase. But another headache is that funds are limited, so am thinking which of my 2008 wishlist shld i look into first....

Sigh.....

What do i look out for in a pre-owned pc other than dte of purchase, when last serviced, blemishes/scratches and leather strap condition?

very much agreed with what minusplus' comments. think need to look around the market to see how much fellow pre-own shops are offering. watch condition is a major factor on how much you will pay for. box and papers are also some conditions to be taken into. other factor to take into consideration is when was watch last service.

bear in mind that no watch and given quotes are not a good indicator. this is because some dealers might give unreasonable low/high price. so best is if got stock and price.
                              Last edited by jazz_samz; 03-01-08, 07:38 AM.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

hi Minusplus n Triton,

Thanks for the advice. The problem is tat its hard to come across a pre-owned portuguese 500107... So pretty hard to compare. So am preparing myself with these knowledge, and if I do come across one, i will not plunge into an over-priced purchase. But another headache is that funds are limited, so am thinking which of my 2008 wishlist shld i look into first....

Sigh.....

What do i look out for in a pre-owned pc other than dte of purchase, when last serviced, blemishes/scratches and leather strap condition?
                                Portuguese 5001 very hard to find in the pre-owned market. You want to consider the 3714? It's very classy and elegant also

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X