Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Sinn from THG vs Buying Sinn in Germany.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the case back, u should be able to see the serial number and model. there should be a metallic card or paper depending on series to match. there should also be a mini cd and a booklet.

do note that most of the models have the argon gas indicator and any authentication has to be sent to germany. if it is a U1, can be check locally. pricing wise, please check with THG.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

sinn you want is three thousand and four hundred dollars

Comment

Ic, thanks to all who shared!! I'm really stoked now. Hope to find myself a nice U1 SDR soon. Will share my pics when I do get one of my own!! Thanks again!!

Comment

Hey Mmax, kindly pm me if you do manage to buy a new Sinn direct. For what i know, it is not possible. I've tried, but due to sales territory restrictions, if buying new, they would only ship to an address within territory. For Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand; covered by THG

Comment

Buying a Sinn in Singapore

Hi. I'm planning to go to Singapore next month and I want to buy a Sinn 356. I know that the Hour Glass is the authorized reseller of Sinn watches there. Is the price difference compared to Europe/ Germany significant? Or just a few dollars differece?

Comment

Maybe $100-$200 I guess? As in higher in Singapore.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

the official website is www.sinn.de then can choose english top right corner.
                dun think they sell direct, if they do, pls SIC. thanks.

Comment

Sinn direct sales are only conducted through walk-ins.

So do remember to drop by the factory is you're around frankfurt.

it;s not really that far from the airport and city centre.

Savings can be quite alot.

but be warned if you try to send it back to THG for servicing, even under warranty.

THG is one BIG F**KING liar when it comes to telling you what is covered under warranty when it comes to watches not sold by them.

I sent in my watch twice which i bought from Sinn directly

the first time the lume pip on the bezel dropped off and they quoted me 50 bucks to glue it back because they said "external defects" are not covered under warranty.

second time the pvd coating is fading...they said they would take it for investigation. few days later, i received a call stating that it's again an "external wear and tear" so i would be charged to rectify it. KNS!!! WTF?!!! wear and tear within 6 months of ownership?!

i finally got a e-mail from Sinn directly regarding this matter

here;s the excerpt:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your e-mail.

You buy the 857 s directly from Sinn Factory Frankfurt, if there is a problem with the watch there is covvered under warranty the Sinn customer service check it and repair it under warranty.

If you contact an Sinn- dirtributon partner in your county the situation is changed. The distributor can repair your watch for a charge if he repair the watch by himself. The other way is that he handle the procedure of sending the watch to germany for you. It can be that the ditributor charge you for that procedure.

To give you a reliable information about the PVD coating of your Sinn-watch we need to have a look at it. For this purpose you are certainly welcome
                  to send your watch to us. For sending it I would recommend to insure it sufficiently.

never once THG explained to me why they would charge me for the repairs. they jsut choose to tell me it's "external defects & Wear and tear" bull..

the 50 bucks is not much and i would gladly pay if i get an honest answer like what Sinn conveyed to me in the e-mail which i think is fair enough.

but to cheat ppl and tell them BS is going abit too far.

i wrote countless e-mails to them to explain to me about this matter and have yet to get a reply

Comment

Thanks for letting us know of your experience with THG and Sinn watches. I've read numerous experiences of other owners of Sinn watches and conclude that their customer service support is not that good. I would think twice when it comes to buying a Sinn watch even though they are well made. Customer service support is very important when it comes to buying a watch. If the manufacturer does not offer good support, I would not go for the brand.

Comment

hi, i find that the price in http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/sinnwatches.htm is pretty good.

but sadly, they only ship within usa.

Comment

Originally posted by duckalas View Post
                        hi, i find that the price in http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/sinnwatches.htm is pretty good.

but sadly, they only ship within usa.
                        Yup, the price are good, for example a U1 they are selling @

US$1570 X 1.31(as @01dec10) = SGD$2069

But, although its cheap @ SGD$2069, but we have not factor in the 7% GST
                        EVEN if they are able to ship into SINGAPORE. So ultimately is will cost
                        about SGD$2213.

Comment

How about from this bro? He quoted 2000 for U1?

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=44768

Comment

Hi bro, updated already, thk you!!!!

Comment

For updated price of sinn watches tht is direct from Sinn Frankfurt,

Comment

Much cheaper to get in Germany. Reason being: 19% MwSt (you can get back all given you fill in the correct form with some mailing effort and a Germany's bank account) and almost all time low Euro. Example: Sinn U2 S with rubber strap after less 19 % is about 1650Eur. This translates to 2800SGD at current rate. I believe this is the cheapest brand new direct from Sinn Depot/Factory.

Any problem, no worry to send it back. I have done it many times. Just use registered airmail. Will cost you like 10 bucks to send it back for servicing.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X