Sinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the u1000 not schedule to arrive after 2nd half of the year
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Still prefer the 6100 Regulateur heheee

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• IF I got the moola to buy the U1000, think i'd rather buy an exp II but that's just my opinion. Dammit, this rolex thingy really is addictive.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

• More U1K pics

more u1k pics taken from WUS forum courtesy of "obo"

Sorry i'm gonna "bit*h" abt this watch but really why does sinn have to decorate the dial until like machiam ching-gay procession? at 9400, i may as well get something iconic, like the gmt-IIc
          Last edited by feudallordcult; 24-01-08, 10:19 AM.
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          What's NEXT?

Comment

• wah........ the case really super thick hor haha.............
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• Originally posted by ohlins View Post
              wah........ the case really super thick hor haha.............
              wallet must be super think too. at the price of 9400, i can consider the ceramic liao.
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              What's NEXT?

Comment

• Sinn UX

Hi guys,

Got myself a UX recently, notice that there are some trace of leakage. Sent it back to Germany. Anyone have the same model and face the same issue? Thoughts about getting a U1 pre-own, anyone has 1 to spare, PM me with your price (quite tight budget) hehe!!

Sinn Rules.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SiBaySong View Post
                  Hi guys,

Got myself a UX recently, notice that there are some trace of leakage. Sent it back to Germany. Anyone have the same model and face the same issue? Thoughts about getting a U1 pre-own, anyone has 1 to spare, PM me with your price (quite tight budget) hehe!!

Sinn Rules.....
                  if u want the tempus edition, think it is still available for sale the other section

sinn u1 limited edition for sale
                  Last edited by triton; 26-01-08, 11:07 PM.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Originally posted by SiBaySong View Post
                    Hi guys,

Sinn Rules.....
                    Hi there,

There are a few Sinn U1 on sale at yahoo auction. ranging from S$1.9K to S$2K. You might wanna take a look?

Regards,
                    Jay
                    PAM 104J (SOLD)
                    Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
                    Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
                    Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
                    Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
                    RXW MM20

Comment

• U1 for Sale

Originally posted by icemangrafx View Post
                      Hi there,

There are a few Sinn U1 on sale at yahoo auction. ranging from S$1.9K to S$2K. You might wanna take a look?

Regards,
                      Jay
                      Hi, Thank you for your info about whats available in yahoo. But to pay $1.9 to $2k is crazy when you can get one new at $2050.00

Comment

• Hi there,

It is quite obvious if a new piece is alomost the same price as a new one, I will definately go for the new piece... Just sharing the info.

Regards,
                        Jay
                        PAM 104J (SOLD)
                        Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
                        Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
                        Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
                        Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
                        RXW MM20

Comment

• Originally posted by icemangrafx View Post
                          Hi there,

It is quite obvious if a new piece is alomost the same price as a new one, I will definately go for the new piece... Just sharing the info.

Regards,
                          Jay
                          i would do the same as well. however, different ppl purchase watch @ different price. as such their selling price and/or expected selling price differs.

to me there are possibile 3 types of buying price

1) excellent price - aka price which is about 10-15% lower than most people's purchasing price. in some cases, the price differs up to 30% more. this group of people usually have a pretty good relation with AD or people who knows the companies like richemont etc.

2) bad price - people who have paid a little higher price compared to those people listed in group 1.

3) rotten price - people who pays the price quoted by seller. this group will most likely unable to get the selling price they want.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

• WTB : Sinn U1 in Rubber

Hi,

am looking for preowned Sinn U1 with box and papers too, however as some of u had mentioned 2K for one preowned is not around me as then I would rather buy a new one, does anyone here know anyone selling reasonably lower do let me know 97658675 thanks guys

Comment

• Points to look out for when buying a pre-owned U1

Originally posted by plohhk View Post
                              Hi,

am looking for preowned Sinn U1 with box and papers too, however as some of u had mentioned 2K for one preowned is not around me as then I would rather buy a new one, does anyone here know anyone selling reasonably lower do let me know 97658675 thanks guys
                              go look in yahoo auctions. type sinn, shouldn't be that hard to find. IMHO, since you are already going to spend XXX amount of dollars, may as well spend a few hundred more to buy a new piece as well as peace of mind. You won't know what or where the previous owner has done or brought the watch to.

Points to look out for when buying a pre-owned U1:

1) Functionality: DUH?!! make sure it moves but for how long? I guess if the seller doesn't mind bunking over at your place for 42hours, that should suffice.

2) Ensure warranty paper is intact. Boxes to me are not so important but some collectors are absoutely anal abt it. To each his own. The paper is important cos if the watch malfunctions, u can take it to THG and have it serviced for free (provided watch is still under warranty-2yrs) But if the watch is NOT from THG, good luck for the cost of servicing cos the airfreight to germany alone would already cost a limb.

3) look out for the triangle lume marker on the 12o'clock mark on the bezel. if the watch had been exposed to seawater or other chemicals and poorly maintained, signs of wear would be pretty obvious on the mark.

4) Check the bezel. It should only rotate in the anti-clockwise direction and ensure that all the mini screws at the side of the bezel are intact. The screws hold down the bezel. Push down the bezel gently to feel the tension, i think there is some spring attached in there somewhere.

5) Also keep a lookout also for the scratches on the AR coating of the watchface crystal. Sapphire doesn't scratch that easily but the AR coating does!

6) Wear the watch and ensure that the rubber strap fits your wrist snuggly. The cost of U1 strap is abt 160. Engage the deployment clasp and ensure that it doesn't pop off at all. Shake your wrist while wearing it. There were cases where new pieces in THG encountered this issue of faulty clasp.

I won't bother going into the U2 cos there are many other areas to explore but I will leave that to other experts cos I'm only a noob in sinn pieces.

I personally do not promote buying pre-owned pieces unless:
                              a) I know the seller very well and trust him in entirety;
                              b) The piece has been discontinued; or
                              c) the price difference is in the region of thousands of dollars.

But to each his own, as long as it floats your boat, rock on!

Good luck in your hunt.

p.s. My U1 is currently worn by my wife and all her colleagues are AMAZED by the sheer bulk of the watch. But somehow, I think she looks really good in it though I must admit that she's a little on the "plump" side which prob explains why she could carry it off well.

The U1 is a winner but I beg to differ on the U1000. Then again, if I tio 4D or ToTo, I will still buy one for myself lah.
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

• Point taken...

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                                go look in yahoo auctions. type sinn, shouldn't be that hard to find. IMHO, since you are already going to spend XXX amount of dollars, may as well spend a few hundred more to buy a new piece as well as peace of mind. You won't know what or where the previous owner has done or brought the watch to.

Points to look out for when buying a pre-owned U1:

1) Functionality: DUH?!! make sure it moves but for how long? I guess if the seller doesn't mind bunking over at your place for 42hours, that should suffice.

2) Ensure warranty paper is intact. Boxes to me are not so important but some collectors are absoutely anal abt it. To each his own. The paper is important cos if the watch malfunctions, u can take it to THG and have it serviced for free (provided watch is still under warranty-2yrs) But if the watch is NOT from THG, good luck for the cost of servicing cos the airfreight to germany alone would already cost a limb.

3) look out for the triangle lume marker on the 12o'clock mark on the bezel. if the watch had been exposed to seawater or other chemicals and poorly maintained, signs of wear would be pretty obvious on the mark.

4) Check the bezel. It should only rotate in the anti-clockwise direction and ensure that all the mini screws at the side of the bezel are intact. The screws hold down the bezel. Push down the bezel gently to feel the tension, i think there is some spring attached in there somewhere.

5) Also keep a lookout also for the scratches on the AR coating of the watchface crystal. Sapphire doesn't scratch that easily but the AR coating does!

6) Wear the watch and ensure that the rubber strap fits your wrist snuggly. The cost of U1 strap is abt 160. Engage the deployment clasp and ensure that it doesn't pop off at all. Shake your wrist while wearing it. There were cases where new pieces in THG encountered this issue of faulty clasp.

I won't bother going into the U2 cos there are many other areas to explore but I will leave that to other experts cos I'm only a noob in sinn pieces.

I personally do not promote buying pre-owned pieces unless:
                                a) I know the seller very well and trust him in entirety;
                                b) The piece has been discontinued; or
                                c) the price difference is in the region of thousands of dollars.

But to each his own, as long as it floats your boat, rock on!

Good luck in your hunt.

p.s. My U1 is currently worn by my wife and all her colleagues are AMAZED by the sheer bulk of the watch. But somehow, I think she looks really good in it though I must admit that she's a little on the "plump" side which prob explains why she could carry it off well.

The U1 is a winner but I beg to differ on the U1000. Then again, if I tio 4D or ToTo, I will still buy one for myself lah.
                                Thank you so much for the much needed details of buying a pre-own U1.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X