X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PamDino View Post
    Wu si kee, Wu si low

Dino

Ya. Most recently tried calling 3 times during working hours to check on a strap. All 3 times ring for over 30 times no one pick up. I think that is low.
    I asked for a service box when I service my Pam that is still under warranty. Sorry, service is under warranty so no charge so no box for you....low. Kee, I think is the smile I get from my more familar staff (D*****) plus got free coke.

Comment

• It seems that the discussion has gone completely off tangent from the original topic. I think the mods should step in and close this thread. I believe there are genuine watch lovers from all over the world who would like to come here to discuss passionately about watches and not about turf wars or certain personalities.

Comment

• Thread is temporary closed, pending moderation.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Thread reopened.

Pls do not progress to any more flaming or cyber war. Moderators will take action against any forumer who continues to do so.
          We wish to keep SG-ROC a friendly and enjoyable place for all.

If anybody have any disputes, pls seek your confrontation out of this forum.

Kindly keep yr post relevant to the thread.

Thank you.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• to disagree is fine but name-calling and personal attack will not be tolerated.
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• Wow! You guys power. Panerai flame burn so high.
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

• Discontinued models?

From the Panerai website that was updated last week, look like:
                212 has become 361
                213 has become 362

And the following are gone?

These are all the info that I could deduce by looking at the updated page last week.
                Again, I could be totally wrong as more or less models could be delisted at anytime without notice by Panerai, which they usually do & have done many times in the past.

You guys out there have any info?

How about 292?
                292L have PIG (Miale)?
                Or totally discon't?
                Any ideas?

Comment

• 339 Composite Alumina Ceramic...anyone has any idea on the weight?

Is it going to be heavier / lighter than isostatic ceramic that's used on 317 & 292.
                  I think 317 & 292 is already extremely very light.

I vaguely understand they actually hang a Alumina rod as an anode and the cathode is a sacrificial Copper / Zink in an aquas solution setup like a car battery and wired up to achieve an electrolysis.
                  Electron will be lost by the Alumina to become composite ceramic, if my '0 & 'A levels chemistry is still correct & are to be believed.
                  And the lost electron will travel on the wire to the sacrificial Copper which till become Oxidized Copper & turn green thanks to water in the aques solution.

My barely can make it chemistry will now make me assume that the block of composite ceramic that was formed from the Alumina due to electron loss will now be milled & surface finished into a case, bezel & crown separately with a multiple axis diamond tipped CNC lathing tool.

Is this right?

My concern is will the ceramic continue to rust (oxidize) after the process due to exposure to sweat & air during wear?
                  Meaning, will e ceramic become more brown as time goes by after we got the watch?

And my biggest concern, will e composite ceramic make the steel & bronze parts inside the P.2002 rust faster?

Anyone who's into advanced materials, material science, chemical engr, chem science?
                  Can you shed some light?
                  Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                    Is it going to be heavier / lighter than isostatic ceramic that's used on 317 & 292.

I vaguely understand they actually hang a Alumina rod as an anode and the cathode is a sacrificial Copper / Zink in an aquas solution setup like a car battery and wired up to achieve an electrolysis.
                    Electron will be lost by the Alumina to become composite ceramic, if my '0 & 'A levels chemistry is still correct & are to be believed.
                    And the lost electron will travel on the wire to the sacrificial Copper which till become Oxidized Copper & turn green thanks to water in the aques solution.

My barely can make it chemistry will now make me assume that the block of composite ceramic that was formed from the Alumina due to electron loss will now be milled & surface finished into a case, bezel & crown separately with a multiple axis diamond tipped CNC lathing tool.

Is this right?

My concern is will the ceramic continue to rust (oxidize) after the process due to exposure to sweat & air during wear?
                    Meaning, will e ceramic become more brown as time goes by after we got the watch?

And my biggest concern, will e composite ceramic make the steel & bronze parts inside the P.2002 rust faster?

Anyone who's into advanced materials, material science, chemical engr, chem science?
                    Can you shed some light?
                    Cheers.
                    Let me try :
                    Metalogy *Luminina in nature is soft & light & corrosive overtime > Hightech mixture wit other element like ceramic in nature is hard/tough/corrosion free but brittle = high shear point( similar structure over titanium).It gonna be one hell of a toughest Radiomir I should say.

Comment

Is this right?

Can you shed some light?
                      Cheers.
                      Let me try :
                      Metalogy *aluminina in nature is soft & light & corrosive overtime > Hightech mixture wit other element like ceramic in nature is hard/tough/corrosion free but brittle = high shear point( similar structure over titanium).It gonna be one hell of a toughest Radiomir I should say.

Comment

• I got a fright of myself "double image' or double person_ity ?? I better go check tif doctor !

Comment

Is this right?

Can you shed some light?
                          Cheers.

WOW another Panerai 1st?

I am so proud to be a owner of Panerai
                          I hope they can come out with more "special" case.

Comment

• Cool

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                            Let me try :
                            Metalogy *aluminina in nature is soft & light & corrosive overtime > Hightech mixture wit other element like ceramic in nature is hard/tough/corrosion free but brittle = high shear point( similar structure over titanium).It gonna be one hell of a toughest Radiomir I should say.
                            I totally agree.
                            Thanks for pointing this out.
                            I barely pass my chem in O & A.

I believe that means composite ceramic should be more ductile (more stress & strain resistance and less brittle) than isostatic ceramic.
                            Meaning it should be less likely to chip, crack, dent, break & ding than iso.
                            Also to take note, isostatic ceramic on 292 & 317 and soon 335 itself is already very high in resistance to chipping, dents, breakage, crack & dings.

I think it's right to say that composite ceramic bring the tool watch performance in term of scratch, ding, dent, chip, crack & etc up higher by few notches than isostatic ceramic which is already very high, I would say.

And, I personally think it will also mean that composite ceramic has more hardness than iso ceramic while having more resistance to machining or milling making it easier to produce than iso ceramic that's more harder to machine as it's less ductile.

You are right, as I also think this will make this 339 Rad e ultimate tool watch that's more suitable for rough wear.

Now, I want to see it being fanned out to Luminors, 1950s & etc to lower the price.

Comment

• Yes, I think it's 1st in watch-making

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                              WOW another Panerai 1st?

I am so proud to be a owner of Panerai
                              I hope they can come out with more "special" case.
                              Yes, Panerai should be 1st to apply this compositing ceramic with alumina for watch case, bezel & crown.

But, I think it's not an original idea in term of process.
                              Someone must have used the same process & material to make other items like jet turbines, car engine, space craft materials & etc already.

Comment

Yes, Panerai should be 1st to apply this compositing ceramic with alumina for watch case, bezel & crown.

But, I think it's not an original idea in term of process.
                                Someone must have used the same process & material to make other items like jet turbines, car engine, space craft materials & etc already.
                                Is alraedy in the pipe-line on Boeing Dream-liner. The upper part of the plane body wif super high-tech composite withstand compression & expenstion load on cabin pressurisation .It took off 40-40% off the whole laden plane weight. Which mean it save more fuel.How much I dun know. It design work according to market force since fuel price shoot rocket high.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X