No announcement yet.

IWC resale value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy IWC if u like it. Very likely to lose $ when resale. If you want to lose minimal or even gain $ during resale, get a Rolex. To add on, IWC not so Popular here.
    Current babies:
    Sub 16610LN D series
    PAM 312 M series
    IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
    116613LB?
    a good White dial watch

Comment

Buy a watch according to your taste and needs. E.g. Chrono? GMT? Day-Date?
      Forget about resale value. You only gain $ in rare cases, 95% of times u lose $, even Rolex.
      Even if you make $, the % gain is small. Park your investible $ elsewhere, stocks or what not...
      So just ask yourself what do you want? Dress-watch or Sporty or a daily-beater...
      Happy bargain hunting in this forum...
      Current~
      Breitling for Bentley 6.75
      Cartier Balon Bleu
      Girard Perregaux Cat's Eye
      Panerai Pam 57C/425
      Sevenfriday P3/2 & P1/2
      Peter Speake-Marin Serpent Calendar
      Sarpaneva K3 Moonphase
      Rolex 326135, 116613, 118139

Sold~
      Patek Phillipe Nautilus 5711
      Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167/1A
      Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor EWC LE01/50
      Rolex 116710BLNR&LN, 116520, 116400
      Panerai Pam 183/114
      Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 6
      IWC Ingenieur AMG IW3227-03

Comment

agree. most brands lose value - which is why it is best to buy with your heart and to enjoy wearing it.
        just realised that there are 2 threads on resale value!

Comment

Buy a pre-own watch if you are worry about resale value.

Comment

considering resale value, rolex tops it all...

IWC perhaps in 2nd league

but owning a watch isnt all about resell it right?

Comment

Rolex definitely has resale value
              Iwc has none unfortunately
              Definitely not second
              Haves
              Pam 25
              Pam 328
              Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch - Apollo 11 "40th anniversary" limited edition
              Sinn Regulateur 6100
              Rolex Explorer II ref 216570
              IWC Top Gun pilot 44mm ref W378901
              Rolex Daytona 116520
              Rolex Tudor Mini-Sub ref 73090
              Cartier Santos 100 Stainless Steel Large W20073X8
              JLC Reverso 976
              Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
              IWC Portugese 7 day blue dial

Wants
              AP ROO Panda
              ALS Lange 1 (+/-moon phase)
              PP Nautilus Annual Calendar

Comment

rolex also depending on models. sports models will gain or break even if you keep it for more than 5 years. datejust etc most losing money during resale.

example during 1960's the price between a 6694 and gmt-master is only a few hundred bucks. right now if u sell the gmt-master can make quite abit of money but not the 6694.

Comment

Resale value largely depends on popularity of brand and model. I don't think its right to say IWC has no resale value, at the right prices, preown IWC watches will have buyers. Rolex has better resale because there are more buyers out there, all about demand and supply.

Buying preown will surely minimise loses during resale. Buy if buying watches are purely based on resale, it takes all the fun out of enjoying the watch.
                  My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
                  Rolex Submariner 16610
                  Rolex Submariner 116610
                  Rolex Date 1550
                  IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
                  IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
                  Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
                  Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
                  Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
                  Seiko Sumo SBDC001
                  Seiko Sumo SBDC003
                  Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
                  Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

it does seem that IWC does tend to depreciate more. that would be mean that it is good value to pick up a used one for everyday wear.

Comment

IWC BP Ref 5009 now retailing at $22,500. Controlled discount at 12% from an AD but can discuss further if seriously interested. Grey AD price BNIB around $14,000. If buy from Grey, depreciation is lower. But the watch very nice leh!
                      My Humble Collection :
                      PAM 320
                      Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                      Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Heard that the mechanism is not so reliable is there any truth there?

Comment

Seeking the advice of the experts here. What kind of percentage lost is to be expected when re-selling an IWC? Assuming mint condition (i.e. no objections on defects). I understand this will definitely vary model to model, but just a general guesstimate? 20% off retail? 30% off retail? 50% off retail?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                            Hi,

Can anyone tell me the resell value of IWC as compare to Rolex?

Regards
                            Rolex usually have a pretty stable resale value and despite this, if you purchase a brand new piece, you will most likely still lose abit, maybe 10 to 15% of the original value but then this is just a rough guide, if you happen to have a highly sought after model, you might even make abit of money.

IWC also have pretty stable resale value for certain models and like Rolex, if you purchase a brand new piece, you are also likely to still lose abit when you sell it.

Key thing is the purchase price at which you purchased at. If you are able to get a higher discount from AD, grey dealers and even buying mint pre-owned pieces at good prices, you will most likely lose lesser.

I had an IWC Aquatimer, had it for a really short while, then I flipped it to fund another watch. I think I lost around 5% to 8% of which I got it at and I moved it pretty quickly as there was someone looking for it.

Conclusion, it is important that you think through carefully and try on the particular piece which you are eyeing, if you are really sure you like it then you buy it and wear it. I learnt expensive lessons by rushing into purchases and made loses.

Now my mindset has changed, I buy bcos I like it and will most likely be into my long term collection, flipping it to fund other watch purchases are the last thing on my mind. If you like it and keep it, you will make 0% losses, isnt this the most ideal?

Cheers and enjoy the watch! And oh yes, before I forget, do share pics of your new catch ya!
                            Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by Aloyeo View Post
                              Seeking the advice of the experts here. What kind of percentage lost is to be expected when re-selling an IWC? Assuming mint condition (i.e. no objections on defects). I understand this will definitely vary model to model, but just a general guesstimate? 20% off retail? 30% off retail? 50% off retail?

Thanks!
                              It is inaccurate to base loses on retail as certain models have discounts even when you purchase brand new. IIRC, IWC has a 15% discount or more. If you flip it, you will lose maybe approx. 15% or more based on the discounted price.
                              Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Any recommended AD? Or is there a list of ADs somewhere?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X