Terrible dust problem on a 3 month old 441

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
    But if the same problem occurs time after time despite repeated repairs, wouldn't the company be obligated to replace the watch? Wouldn't lemon law kick in?

So far only once have I read that a one to one exchange happened and it from one of our forum member who purchased a 510 for a month plus and the power reserve doesn't keep up with the specs.

The worst I have read was a member who bought a Panerai chrono and in his 3 years of ownership, his Panerai broke 4 times which means 3-4 weeks of Pam-less moments. So far, no offering of one to one replacement from Panerai other than they will keep fixing it every time it breaks.

As far as i know, the standard practice for Richemont regarding "lemon" pieces is repair... repair... repair...

I guess it depends on how "firm" are you in demanding a more conclusive outcome.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

My 2 cents.

All brands including rolex and pams will suffer from occasional QC lapses. I've got a brand new rolex from local ad and later realised there is a tiny strand of hair on the dial before. To be fair the strand is really really tiny and RSC removed it for me FOC.

To be honest I personally think that pam's QC is better than rolex's. Of course that could be bec it produces only 1/5 of the number rolex does.

Comment

My 441 is about 17 months old. No problem with dust specks on the dial.

Comment

Sometime it happens Ferrari also got recall..
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Just noticed my O series 422 also has 2 speck of dust under the crystal. In pretty sure it wasn't there before. Should I go back to Richemont or wait after CNY. Watch is still under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by glay78 View Post
              Just noticed my O series 422 also has 2 speck of dust under the crystal. In pretty sure it wasn't there before. Should I go back to Richemont or wait after CNY. Watch is still under warranty.
              I couldn't live with such a situation; i would send it back immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
                I couldn't live with such a situation; i would send it back immediately
                Same but afraid it won't be ready by CNY.

Comment

Go for ...Rolex.
                  Rolex SD 4000 116600.

Comment

Originally posted by glay78 View Post
                    Same but afraid it won't be ready by CNY.
                    may I know where you guys sent to?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X