servicing cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
    Typically the ballpark figure is 500+ for Eta movt and 1000+ for inhouse.

At first when TS said the estimated price for his Pam 113 was $700, I thought it was too much for an ETA movt.

Its all an estimation as the Sales Rep wouldn't know for sure what the servicing requires and thus playing save quoting some generic ballpark figure.

What about the 423 at $560? Thats cheaper than ETA

Comment

Originally posted by glay78 View Post
      What about the 423 at $560? Thats cheaper than ETA

Again,the best is to send in to get actual servicing figure and the prices discussed was nothing more than just a ballpark figure. Even when one send in their Pams,the initial amount is still an estimation/rough/ballpark figure given by the Sales Rep, not until their technicians have fully checked what need or need not be done on the piece then the final amount will be known.

Same goes for TS initial quote of $700 but turns out to be only $355.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Again,the best is to send in to get actual servicing figure and the prices discussed was nothing more than just a ballpark figure. Even when one send in their Pams,the initial amount is still an estimation/rough/ballpark figure given by the Sales Rep, not until their technicians have fully checked what need or need not be done on the piece then the final amount will be known.

Agree and true. The counter staff told me Panerai recommends 2 yearly servicing. Which maybe lower in price but 2 yearly instead of 5 by Rolex.

Comment

Seriously sometimes i wonder izit really a must to send in for servicing every 5yrs for pam or rolex? My dad date just wore for 20over yrs b4 he send in for servicing due to inaccurate time
          Current:
          Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
          Panerai 312N
          Panerai 233O
          Sevenfriday P1-2
          Sevenfriday M2-2
          Seiko SBBN015

Past:
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
          Panerai 005N
          Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

Originally posted by foomeng3 View Post
            Seriously sometimes i wonder izit really a must to send in for servicing every 5yrs for pam or rolex? My dad date just wore for 20over yrs b4 he send in for servicing due to inaccurate time
            individual...sold my X-series which have no servicing record and went down with the buyer to top hour to authenticate and Uncle Lim told the buyer that no rust basically nothing wrong with the watch all running well...

Comment

True..i was surprised the first time she quoted me but i'm fine with it i told my self just wait for actual quotation, yet after received the actual quotation another surprised for me i was quoted $355 its a good news for me as i was expecting from $700 to $800+.

like what Bro Ryuden said is true, not until their technicians have fully checked what need or need not be done on the piece then the final amount will be known. cos my friend sent his 118 one day after after i sent mine and he was quoted $550 from actual quotation.....

Comment

Originally posted by glay78 View Post
                Thank you, actually $560 isn't ex as compared to Rolex sports model. If I don't remember wrongly, the lady told me Pam recommends 2 yearly servicing which I think is too frequent.
                For Rolex is 2 years warranty after servicing

Comment

I paid 1k for my 233 servicing 2 years ago.

Comment

Servicing cost will vary, depending on the parts they replace.

Comment

servicing for in-house movements average $1000 as a base charge. unitas movements cheaper.
                      I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                      http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Thanks for sharing guys !

Comment

Just went to Ion Panerai boutique to enquire servicing fee and was quoted $335 and waiting time is 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinsyeo View Post
                            Just went to Ion Panerai boutique to enquire servicing fee and was quoted $335 and waiting time is 3 weeks.
                            in-house movement, bro? what does the servicing cover?
                            PAM 312
                            Rolex 116710LN
                            Omega Seamaster Pro Ceramic
                            Maurice Lacroix Pontos Réserve de Marche

Comment

When do u really know the watch really need to service ?? Losing seconds ? Some of the ppl shared, if service its make the watch lesser prob in future.
                              At other hand, what if the parts replace with other non genuine part ? Anyone experience that ??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X