No announcement yet.

Panerai's Winding Mechanism Spoilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see we have a lot of strong fingers here hehe... Okie back to the topic.. As you wind more, there will be more resistance to the point it will become pretty hard to wind. At that you must be careful and do not use too much strength. Then there will be a stop which you can feel very distinctly. That will be the end of the winding. I do this everyday...

Hope this helps
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

One advice.

Let the watch run down. Wind slowly and count the number of times you wind slowly till it feels a little resistance. STOP! Then check how many hours the watch can run. If it runs more than 40 hours, then most likely enough. From then on, always let the watch run till stop then wind, and wind the same number of turns.

Another way is to get a Pam 90, 123, 190, 233, 270 etc with PR indicator. Will never overwind. Watch the PR needle till it hits 6 or 7 and stop.

Comment

erhm, if thats the case, how come mech watches wont overwind?

i mean paying thousands of bucks and they have no way to prevent overwinding?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by wen1979 View Post
          yup, mine is the hand-wind model.....i was in shanghai and i woke up in the morning doing the usual wind and guess what, it broke on the second round......SUX
          only 2 rounds ? can share more detail.

Comment

I find that PAMs from different eras have different winding tolerances. My PAM22B can take up to 60+ winds whereas my PAM118 was maxed out at about 50. My Pam0 takes up about 50 also.

One way to go about it is to wind it 40 times every morning and it'll still run the next day. Always wind it either at night or in the morning to keep track.
            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
              I find that PAMs from different eras have different winding tolerances. My PAM22B can take up to 60+ winds whereas my PAM118 was maxed out at about 50. My Pam0 takes up about 50 also.

One way to go about it is to wind it 40 times every morning and it'll still run the next day. Always wind it either at night or in the morning to keep track.
              Sorry OT. You always have the watches that are my dream watches. Both 22 and 118 are on my watchlist.

Comment

one way to 'learn' is to buy those hand wound MM @ about 200 and go home practice on it. at least if the stem broke, cost of replacement is cheaper.

as mentioned, initially if there is no PR, u can do one full turn, as resistance increase, do half turn slowly till u feel it is hard to turn and stop. usually i wind mine to max. it takes practice.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wow need skill de. Thx for the info. Then thk mayb i better don buy panerai. Kinda like its design but i scare i by mistake break the spring then heartpain le

Is this the norm for all handwind watches? I mean the sring easily broken by the uninitiated?
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post

To add on, i wind my 112g 30-35 times max and it lasts me the whole day so that's good enough for me. Also depends on the individual's way of winding, I mean my 1 wind may be = another person's 1.5 wind.
                    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                    three times is enemy action and
                    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                      Sorry OT. You always have the watches that are my dream watches. Both 22 and 118 are on my watchlist.
                      Bro, the purchase of the 22 was really a fluke... a good one in fact... and to be honest, I can't stand L dials... the markers are too white or greenish to me. Your collection is decent mah, why sell the PAM217 and 115? Such nice watches. But I can sure live with a PAM115 or a PAM217... cos once u go destro, it's hard to go back.
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        Wow need skill de. Thx for the info. Then thk mayb i better don buy panerai. Kinda like its design but i scare i by mistake break the spring then heartpain le

Is this the norm for all handwind watches? I mean the sring easily broken by the uninitiated?
                        Not really lah, just need to be careful and not overwind the watch. As prescribed by our experiences, you just need to wind the watch carefully, 30-40 winds max, it'll last you the whole day.
                        --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X