No announcement yet.

Want to buy a Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

among the grey dealers, sam (watchlink) and KC (kenneth Chen) get my votes.
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

John from JW is also good but his watches sell fast.

Comment

Finally, my very first PAM

PAM 312

Comment

Originally posted by Donald83 View Post
          Finally, my very first PAM

PAM 312

恭喜恭喜 - May you wear it in good health

Comment

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
            恭喜恭喜 - May you wear it in good health
            Nice

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your kind advice

Due to the new leather, there's always this squeaking sound which is quite annoying.

Comment

Due to the new leather, there's always this squeaking sound which is quite annoying.
                Because the OEM strap is polished finished hence the squeak sound. Anyway, it is now time for you to get after market straps. My first suggestion - AMMO. IMO this is mandatory for PAMs'.

There is an array of choices, so many strapist or strap maker. Chose wisely and patiently. Get your size right and it will not only look good but very comfortable. Then there are so many buckles to pick.

For straps, you can also go for exotic straps like Python, Alligator/Crocodile, Lizard, Ostrich, Toad and Stingray. For leather, there are elephant, buffalo/cow/calf hide. Fabric, you can consider Canvas or jeans. Man! So many choices. Hell, that day, I sent 2 of my LV monogram clutch bags to be recycled into straps. A total of 10 straps were produced. 2 for my wife, 1 for a nephew and 3 for friends. Balance 4 for myself.

Too bad I do not know how to post pictures, otherwise I would post some for your reference.

Comment

Opps! Double posting, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
                    Because the OEM strap is polished finished hence the squeak sound. Anyway, it is now time for you to get after market straps. My first suggestion - AMMO. IMO this is mandatory for PAMs'.

There is an array of choices, so many strapist or strap maker. Chose wisely and patiently. Get your size right and it will not only look good but very comfortable. Then there are so many buckles to pick.

For straps, you can also go for exotic straps like Python, Alligator/Crocodile, Lizard, Ostrich, Toad and Stingray. For leather, there are elephant, buffalo/cow/calf hide. Fabric, you can consider Canvas or jeans. Man! So many choices. Hell, that day, I sent 2 of my LV monogram clutch bags to be recycled into straps. A total of 10 straps were produced. 2 for my wife, 1 for a nephew and 3 for friends. Balance 4 for myself.

Too bad I do not know how to post pictures, otherwise I would post some for your reference.
                    Any websites or links to recommend?

Comment

Walau Ehh! Bro! Please check out the sticky on this Panerai section. Most of the good strap makers are there. I have bought from some.

I recommend Stonee Strap from Thailand, Bangkok. Their prices are mid-level and affordable. When I was in Bangkok, I actually visited them to see how the straps are made. Bought several on the spot and had a few sent to me.

Then there is Vintager by Micah, on the higher side but quality is good. Takes a longer for the straps to be received because he is in the USA. Then there is maddog and Combat straps. Former is German and the latter is Canadian. Closer to home would be Malio Straps and Pulcher's Leather, both are in Indonesia. You might want to visit some local stores to have a look are those ready made ones. Get an idea of what you will be getting. FYI - An alligator strap (OEM PAM) is sold at $535.00 at ION PAM Boutique.

My advice:

1) Get someone to measure your wrist in MM. Most straps are in Millimetres measurement.
                      2) Chose wisely and patiently, straps are not cheap. Do some homework before ordering.
                      3) The thickness of a straps will determine the tightness and girth when worn,
                      4) Ask the strap maker question to clear your doubts. When in doubts, don't buy.
                      5) Like I said before, AMMO is mandatory. You might want to consider more alligator and canvas material. Then there are exotic strap to consider too.

Good luck.

Comment

Nice watch buddy. Hope you enjoy the watch of your choice. I'm still contemplating to get myself a Panerai too.

Comment

Originally posted by angelacos View Post
                          Nice watch buddy. Hope you enjoy the watch of your choice. I'm still contemplating to get myself a Panerai too.
                          Haha actually now i hardly wear, only the weekends. Wearing my rolex during workdays

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X