Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.lifeofawis.com/blog/2014/...ficine-panerai

Comment

As a Pam lover I absolutely hate what Pam is doing.

If I'm the boss I have 2 options, go with the heart or go with the head. Obviously in today's fast pace world, it's only logical to go with the head and milk the brand, mass produce it for the mass market and compromise on quality by virtue of simpler production and assembly process.

But something about me tells me we need to be more stubborn minded and go with the heart some times... In the long run, it may retain the brand value better and does more good than harm.

Comment

Disappointing Panerai

Despite I felt the angry in most replies in this topic, I still love the brand but not the mass or the re-productions of the older pre-v models.

Nonetheless, I still enjoy and keep wearing the older models which I bought a few years back then but I will just keep looking those who are wearing the newer versions like Pam 632 , 634 etc...

Lastly, do not be too upset with Panerai mass makerting strategy and we just have to move on with our life too.

Cheers

Comment

Love-hate

I have collected Panerai since 10 years ago....but ever since the 372 (called a fiddy killer then) came out, I have sold off all my pams cos I don't trust the CEO anymore about keeping the tradition.

Yet, I still love the looks of the earlier models. Thus, today, I still keep a 24A (sub) and a 190 (rad). And I do not even know beyond H series while I was able to identify every model before H. Maybe its time to hunt for a 217H (lum) to complete the trio.

Comment

Besides the milking and DNA stuff. The brand does have many nice design watches.
            They should have remained smaller to retain the exclusivity.
            Well, AP been doing the same thing for years with many editions and yet still retain their brand value.
            Hublot tried but their resale price says it all.
            IMO Panerai is somewhere in between at the moment. And going downwards.

I have been thinking long to sell away my last 2 panerai.
            But afraid I might buy back one shortly after. Which happened.
            This shows the design's attraction.

Snap backs is a no for me. A diver watch that cannot dive?
            Its like Ferrari that make a cheaper model, beautiful but do 0-100 in 12s.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              I have collected Panerai since 10 years ago....but ever since the 372 (called a fiddy killer then) came out, I have sold off all my pams cos I don't trust the CEO anymore about keeping the tradition.

Yet, I still love the looks of the earlier models. Thus, today, I still keep a 24A (sub) and a 190 (rad). And I do not even know beyond H series while I was able to identify every model before H. Maybe its time to hunt for a 217H (lum) to complete the trio.
              May I know what you didn't like about the 372? I think it looks great. Bought a 422 instead though

Comment

Hi all! Which Panerai model is a keeper? I was thinking of buying one😊

Comment

Panerai keeper???lolll

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                    Fully agreed with gatakx

Gift from Panerai -

because it is not made 200 pieces limited
                    I am a newbie to Panerai, so may I ask what is the model in this post ?
                    It looks so nice !!!

Apologies that I currently have only less than 10 posts, thus unable to put in the link.
                    But this post was at Page 2 (bottom end)

Comment

372... THE panerai..

Originally posted by hieule View Post
                      I am a newbie to Panerai, so may I ask what is the model in this post ?
                      It looks so nice !!!

Apologies that I currently have only less than 10 posts, thus unable to put in the link.
                      But this post was at Page 2 (bottom end)

Comment

the number of models with snap in cb has increased.... wtf???? Arghhh....

And I absolutely hate the 30m war due line with the stupid crown guard... for fug

Comment

Originally posted by wlover View Post
                          the number of models with snap in cb has increased.... wtf???? Arghhh....

And I absolutely hate the 30m war due line with the stupid crown guard... for fug
                          Relax bro. That's also the reason why I didn't venture into the new series with P9xxx movements. Too many to follow and new models not appealing to me too. Sigh... Just too many ...
                          Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

This brand like cmi Liao 😑 Still prefer their older models

Comment

Get resale pieces if possible.

Comment

Panerai PAM311 Service – A Panerai/Richemont Odyssey

Dear all, please let me introduce myself first. My name is Alex and I am a watch collector for more than 20 years with main focus on Rolex, IWC, Breitling, Omega and of course Panerai.
                                Last year at this time, I was the “lucky” owner of Three Panerai watches. PAM212 (Flyback), PAM141 (Radiomir with JLC Movement) and PAM311 – Luminor 1950 8 Days Chrono Monopulsante GMT in Titan with tobacco dial and a price tag of nearly 18.000 Euro!
                                And today, I sit here in front of my computer to write this story without having any Panerai on my wrist. PAM212 and PAM141 got sold by mid of last Year while the PAM311 is with Panerai/Richemont, since more than 12 months!
                                So please, let me share with you my lovely Odyssey with Panerai/Richemont, which has started last year 31st Jan 2017.

31st Jan 2017: I went to the Panerai Boutique to treat my beloved PAM311 with a nice service. The Boutique Manager told me “No Problem” and it would take up to 7 weeks before the watch will come back in good, working condition. Well, sounds promising and I can wear my other PAM’s in the meantime a bit more. So I agreed to the terms and I told the Boutique Manager NOT to polish the watch.
                                The watch has been in an excellent condition and fully functional when I did the hand over the watch to the Boutique. A nice Masterpiece without any flaws.

25th Feb 2017: I received an email in the afternoon:
                                “Dear Mr XXXXX,
                                We are pleased to inform that the reparation of your timepiece has been completed and is ready for collection at your earliest convenience.
                                Should you not be able to collect your product in person, please provide an authorization letter and a copy of your legal identification document for the person, which is foreseen to collect your product.
                                According to the agreed Quotation, the charge will be 800 USD.
                                Thank you and we look forward to your patronage!”
                                I went to the Boutique to pick up the watch, so far all good. Cannot see any damage and the watch has not been polished, perfect! What a great and fast service from Panerai/Richemont.

18th Mar 2017: The linear power reserve dial is showing 2 days of power reserve left but the watch stopped working.

10th Apr 2017: Back to the Boutique and explained the problem. Manager told me “No Problem” and it will take around 4 weeks to get if fixed. Panerai will of course cover the cost and repair the watch under Repair Warranty.

6th May 2017: Another email from the Panerai Boutique:
                                “Dear Mr XXXXX,
                                We are pleased to inform that the reparation of your timepiece has been completed and is ready for collection at your earliest convenience.
                                Should you not be able to collect your product in person, please provide an authorization letter and a copy of your legal identification document for the person, which is foreseen to collect your product”

Great! Watch has been repaired and I can jump into the car to pick it up again, what a nice day!
                                Went in to the Boutique with a bright smile and asked for my beloved PAM311. The sales lady went to a room to pick up my watch and came back after a couple of minutes to handover the watch. But hold on, what’s that? A complete scratched bezel!
                                I was shocked and my heart sank when I have seen the deep scary scratches on the bezel. I asked “how could that happen? Have you given the watch to a trainee?”
                                The sales lady gave me a prompt answer “that can happen from time to time but a nice quick polish should solve the problem within no time”.
                                I did refuse the offer to polish and asked to replace the whole bezel instead. The lady told me that cannot happen without approval and she would need to contact the Panerai Service Center first to ask for permissions, which could take a couple of days.

9th May 2017: Call from the Boutique, they offer me to polish the Bezel and the whole case! I did refuse the offer again and told them to replace the bezel only, since the case is in perfect condition still. They need to ask the Service Center again to get permissions to replace the bezel. (I was already wondering how “professional” Panerai work, and do they really care about customer?) The lady promised me to call me back by tomorrow, which was of course not the case.

13th May 2017: No feedback from the Boutique, so I had no other choice than driving there to check the status, again. As soon as I entered the Boutique Miss “that can happen from time to time” came around the corner to shake hands. She apologized and told me she completely forgot to call me back. But I should not be worried anymore, the Bezel will be replaced and the case not polished. Okay, I cannot wait to see the result.

2nd Jun 2017: Email from Miss “that can happen from time to time”.
                                “Dear Mr XXXXX,
                                Good day.
                                We thank you for your patience and are pleased to inform that the reparation of your timepiece has been completed and is ready for collection at your earliest convenience.
                                Should you not be able to collect your product in person, please provide an authorization letter and a copy of your legal identification document for the person, which is foreseen to collect your product”
                                Back to the car and all the way to the Boutique, again. I did enter the Boutique and Miss “that can happen from time to time” did welcome me with a big, bright smile. Dear Mr. XXXXX we are so happy to inform you that your watch has been fixed and the bezel replaced.

Yeah, and she was absolutely right, the bezel has been replaced and was super shiny. But Stop, what is that mark on the titanium case between 4 and 5 o’clock? A huge, deep, fat and super ugly scratch along the case! I asked them how this could happen again and if Panerai/Richemont has no proper Quality control in place. No answer.

The Boutique Manager went to his room and came back with a small camera. He did start the cam and scrolled through some pictures until he found the pics that he would like to show me. Mr. XXXXX, please have a look on those pictures, can you see all the small scratches around the case? We have removed those and the watch looks now much better than before.
                                I asked him “why did you polish my watch without any approval?” He became silent.
                                But something was not right and felt super strange. So I asked him to show me the pics with the serial number of the watch on his cam. And here we go, he did show me pictures of a PAM311 but not MY PAM311! It was a watch from somebody else with a complete different serial number.
                                So I told him that watch is not mine and he started to search his cam again to find my watch. And after a minute, he could find my watch, without any scratches on the case!
                                He apologized again and did offer me to polish the whole watch. I asked him if I should leave my watch for the trainee program at the Panerai/Richemont Service Center.
                                I refused to polish the watch otherwise it might come back with pink colored hands or plastic pusher button.
                                I told him as well that I will leave not my watch for another terrible service and that I prefer to wear it with this ugly, from Panerai produced, scratch instead.
                                A clean up of my collection will be made in addition and to sale any watches from Panerai asap.
                                I left the Boutique and was very sad what Panerai/Richemont has done to my watch….but the story is not over, yet.

19th Jun 2017: I did try to wind up the linear power reserve hand to 8 days but it did stop at 6 days instead. No other choice than going back to the Boutique again but this time I raised the request to send the watch to Switzerland for proper Service, since I have enough of the local Panerai/Richemont service. And as usual: no polishing!

27th Jul 2017: Email from Panerai:
                                “Dear Mr XXXXX,
                                Good day.
                                Thank you for your patience.
                                We would like to inform you that we will proceed to service your timepiece under Repair Warranty.
                                From the Boutique level, we have informed the Service Center and our Swiss Manufacturer, on your request for no Polishing on the timepiece.”
                                Complete Service:
                                •Movement diagnosis
                                •Complete dismantling of the case and movement
                                •If necessary, replacement of components
                                •Cleaning of the movement
                                •Complete reassembly and lubrication of the movement
                                •Demagnetization
                                •Movement regulation and timing specification values check
                                •Complete reassembly of the dial and hands
                                •Check of the parallelism between hands and dial
                                •Case, bracelet and crystal condition analysis
                                •Replacement of all the gaskets and recasing of the movement
                                •Aesthetical and cleanliness check
                                •Water resistance test
                                •Braceletstrap fitting (where applicable)
                                •Power reserve and movement functions tests (3 days minimum)
                                •Overall aesthetical check of the product
                                •Exchange hands
                                •Exchange barrel
                                •Exchange dial
                                At this time the watch has received 3 full service within the last 6 months! Complete reassembled and put together again. How would you feel if your car garage is reassembling your car’s engine 3 times within the last 6 months? Would you plan big journeys with the same car still?
                                Anyway, time for service: around 14 weeks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X