Review of straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valjean View Post
    Any reviews of JNS straps? Their's are fairly costly too.
    No choice lah Bro I guess quality will come at a price. Would you rather buy something that is not so good in quality but cheaper and then regret it later and then buy another strap? This is going to cost you even more right?

J & S straps IMO are quite well made and Jason is pretty friendly too. He might be able to give you a discount. I'm just recommending him and I don't get any commision out of it, just that I have his strap and its pretty good.
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
      I have bought a strap from jason before & the service is pretty good; he delivered it to my place without extra charges. I would strongly recommend you to give him a shout.

BTW, I dont work for him; just a satisfied consumer.

Alex
      hmm any idea how to contact jason and sharon? do they havee a webbie where u can see the straps? or shop where u can go rook see rook see?
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
        No choice lah Bro I guess quality will come at a price. Would you rather buy something that is not so good in quality but cheaper and then regret it later and then buy another strap? This is going to cost you even more right?

J & S straps IMO are quite well made and Jason is pretty friendly too. He might be able to give you a discount. I'm just recommending him and I don't get any commision out of it, just that I have his strap and its pretty good.
        Thks for honest review, bro. If you have any ready photos of your Pam on JNS shoes, grateful if you could share for our viewing pleasure!

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
        Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
        Seiko Titanium Samurai
        Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
        Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
        IWC Ingenieur
        Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
        Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
        Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
        IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          hmm any idea how to contact jason and sharon? do they havee a webbie where u can see the straps? or shop where u can go rook see rook see?
          Hi bro, I found their website here: http://www.jns-strap.com/. Believe they post on the Straps sale forum too.

Seiko Titanium Samurai
          IWC Ingenieur
          IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

No worries Bro... Impt thing is to buy what you like... If you are really interested you can go Paneristi and take a look too. They have many pp selling straps there.

Congrats on your new 312! I love that watch...

And I don't take photos of my watch hehe... Cos I still don't know how to upload photos

Comment

Originally posted by Valjean View Post
              Hi bro, I found their website here: http://www.jns-strap.com/. Believe they post on the Straps sale forum too.
              Thanks for the infro bro!
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hi EXX, try this; info@jns-strap.com

I have never seen their products before but from the phone, he seems professional enough so I trusted him straight away!
                I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                Alfa 33
                Alfa 147
                Alfa GT
                Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
                  Hi EXX, try this; info@jns-strap.com

I have never seen their products before but from the phone, he seems professional enough so I trusted him straight away!

thanks for sharing!

Comment

You can find ot more details at

http://timetechtalk.com/view_forum.php?id=50

thanks for sharing!

Comment

Pam Dino is also our strap master here... You can pm him if you wanna know more about straps.

Comment

wah thanks everyone, looks like i don buy something also cannot...damn....homage here i come!!

Comment

After looking around a bit, I'm shortlisting the Heroic18 straps for consideration, either the new Crazy Horse or the Deep Vintage Tan (both under Poseidon collection).

Anyone with H18 Poseidon straps care to comment on quality and wearability? Photos would be great too!

JnS' Antiquas also looks quite good, but quite more expensive than H18's even.

Seiko Titanium Samurai
                          IWC Ingenieur
                          IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

In a way, that's a bummer, to be buying the straps without searching through the internet. For your PAM312, it'll look good with both a croc strap for a dressy feel or ruggedized vintage ammo strap.

Your assessment of strap properties are nonetheless correct, and like our bros mentioned, it's difficult to find a strap that satisfies all properties. Eventually, something's gotta give, unless you go for the premium strapmakers like ABP in Paris (S$Arm-and-Leg) or our local HKTAN.

One point you'd like to note is that straps tend to shrink over time, and the 24mm width will become 23.5mm (over time), exposing the lug screw. Usually this happens for porous straps, and I've even seen ferretti straps or Greg Stevens straps shrinking. So sometimes, Paneristi order their straps in 24.5mm/24.5mm to allow their straps to shrink to 24/24mm.

If you want sweat resistant straps, go for HKTAN, but he's got a notorious reputation for being late with his strap delivery, I've personally waited 3 months for my strap to arrive, but his quality is indeed topnotch.

Strap aging is a beautiful process that u'll want to go through with your 312 and strap.

My recommendations for you: HKTAN (ask for sweat resistant non-porous hypoallergenic strap lining), Simona (gd quality), Peter Gunny straps (beautifully done! you must see it in person to believe!)
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Hi bro Destro22BT, thanks for your insights. I didn't know straps would shrink!

I'll look into your recommendations. Didn't know we had other local strapmakers besides JnS.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                              In a way, that's a bummer, to be buying the straps without searching through the internet. For your PAM312, it'll look good with both a croc strap for a dressy feel or ruggedized vintage ammo strap.

Your assessment of strap properties are nonetheless correct, and like our bros mentioned, it's difficult to find a strap that satisfies all properties. Eventually, something's gotta give, unless you go for the premium strapmakers like ABP in Paris (S$Arm-and-Leg) or our local HKTAN.

One point you'd like to note is that straps tend to shrink over time, and the 24mm width will become 23.5mm (over time), exposing the lug screw. Usually this happens for porous straps, and I've even seen ferretti straps or Greg Stevens straps shrinking. So sometimes, Paneristi order their straps in 24.5mm/24.5mm to allow their straps to shrink to 24/24mm.

If you want sweat resistant straps, go for HKTAN, but he's got a notorious reputation for being late with his strap delivery, I've personally waited 3 months for my strap to arrive, but his quality is indeed topnotch.

Strap aging is a beautiful process that u'll want to go through with your 312 and strap.

My recommendations for you: HKTAN (ask for sweat resistant non-porous hypoallergenic strap lining), Simona (gd quality), Peter Gunny straps (beautifully done! you must see it in person to believe!)

Seiko Titanium Samurai
                              IWC Ingenieur
                              IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

Sharing some interesting straps with photos borrowed from the respective makers. Choices choices...

Peter Gunny
                                Beautiful leathers but super thick straps (6-7mm). Reasonable pricing.

Jancoux Full-Stitch

Niellaccio-Gunny

Le Cuir Brun Craque

Heroic18
                                Reasonable pricing plus giving away free ltd ed strap (dark brown calf with orange stitch) with USD100 purchase - quite tempting.

Italian Deep Vintage Tan

Crazy Horse

Greg Stevens
                                The original CH strapmaker? Nice but a bit pricey compared to the earlier straps.

Crazy Horse 2 with Antique Stitch

Simona
                                Too pricey for me at 190 euros per pop!

Bruno Allegrini

Seiko Titanium Samurai
                                IWC Ingenieur
                                IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X