This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
    Hi bros, if you guys need servicing for your Pams, can let me know. I can pm you guys the contact. Some of you might even know him. Quite a trusted watch dealer. I serviced my titanium pam there at 1/2 the price compared to Richemont. Please note that I am not related to him and don't get any commision for the rcommendation.
    could you let me have his contact? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sorcerer222 View Post
      Hi all, read through the posting does every one send it to richmont for servicing?

They charge like 500 bucks

Went to ask at places like JW and Vistotime. They charge lower, they are very reputable in selling watches but has anyone send there for servicing?

Not sure if i should spend the few hundred buscks more to send it to richmont or should i send to those other places.

Any advice?
      Any advise on your query above? I am also thinking of sending to visiotime as the waiting time is shorter. But not sure are they reliable for servicing watches. thanks

Comment

• Anyone have experience servicing in-house movements? I understand richmont charge about 1k for servicing. Any other place to recommend?

Comment

• Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
          Hi bros, if you guys need servicing for your Pams, can let me know. I can pm you guys the contact. Some of you might even know him. Quite a trusted watch dealer. I serviced my titanium pam there at 1/2 the price compared to Richemont. Please note that I am not related to him and don't get any commision for the rcommendation.
          Hi there can you pm me the contact of this place with good servicing price?

Comment

• Hi panerai7776
            I would also love to have the contact of the place with good servicing.
            ===============================
            13 yr old Rolex explorer II white (My very first automatic watch)
            IWC Portofino 3563 Automatic
            Oceanic OC1 (my dive comp, also a watch ;p)
            PAM 250 K
            PAM 321 L
            Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Orange
            Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Commando

EX watches
            Cartier Santos 100 XL
            U-BOAT Flightdeck CAB Orange 50mm

Comment

• Can pm me the name and number for servicing too?

Comment

• Polishing and servicing at Richemont service centre

Just sent my PAM111 for polishing and PAM321 for checking due to some suspected problems with the power reserve.
                They polished my PAM111 (a small scratch and a ding at one side of the casing) within 30 mins at no cost. The workmanship was superb and fast by my standard. Was not required to pay because I told them that the scratch and ding was made by Richemont Shanghai when I brought my watch to punch an additional hole on my strap. Was very pissed when I found out that there was a scratch and ding on my casing after I took the watch. Customer service was lousy and they treat your watch as if it was a cheap watch. Handling your watch with their bare hands even when there is a glove on their table. They did not even clean off the finger prints when they return your watch to you. Maybe they think that PAMs are consider as cheap watches in China.
                For my PAM321, was charge $140 for polishing some scratches/dings on the bezel and casing. Was told that because they need to remove the bezel. Hence, need to be charge. But need to leave my watch for a complete servicing...haiz. Can only collect my watch after 10 days as they need to run some tests after servicing. For those who are not aware, all polishing is chargeable as it is not covered under warranty. So if you got just a small scratch or ding on your watch, don't send it for polishing unless you really cannot stand the sight of the scratch or ding like myself...hehe...Makes economical sense to send your watch for polishing when you have a lot of scratches or dings as PAM are prone to scratches and knocks due to it size....haha. But that is one of the reason why people like PAMs.
                Don't worry, be happy

Comment

• Tx for sharing the info. I believe many will benefit from this.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• My pleasure. Just doing my fair bit as a member.

Cheers
                    Don't worry, be happy

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

The price is actually not too bad.
                      One guy was quoted 300+ for IWC polishing.

It's better not to polish unnecessarily as you will lose material each time.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Welcome Watcha.....

Yes. It came as a surprise to me as I was told that it cost around $300+ for polishing.

You are right to say that frequent polishing is not recommended. Just that the scratch was really an eye sore since PAM111 have a polished casing. So........I decided to send for polishing:-)

Cheers
                        Don't worry, be happy

Comment

• Finally got my baby back on Monday after a long and enduring wait.....hurray. Watch look as good as new. Have bought a new JnS Hornback strap to welcome the coming home of my baby;-) Richemont did a complete servicing and regulated my watch as my time was slower according to the technician. They manage to resolve my power reserve issue. Now my power reserve can hold when I wear my watch or when I put my watch in the winder:-) But realize that the crown had became tighter after the service. But what the heck......as long as the watch is functioning ok now. BTW, the coffee at Richemont is good.....thick and strong. Had 3 cups while waiting to be served...haha...really woke me up on a lazy afternoon.

Cheers
                          Don't worry, be happy

Comment

• I sent my 320 in for regulation (during warranty period). Richemont took the initiatives to polish off the dings during that 10 days stay. Good initiatives I must say. Btw, from full wound, I'm getting about 78 hours PR.
                            My Humble Collection :
                            PAM 320
                            Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                            Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

• Cheers for richemont. thanks for sharing guys.
                              I own a Rolex !

Comment

• Yes tyongchi.....usually they will polish off any dings or scratches when you send in your watch. I learned the hard way. Should have told them that I would like them to do a check on my watch instead of telling them that I would also want them to help me polish off some scratches on my bezel:-( If I never highlight to them that I would want them to polish off some scratches on my bezel, they would have do it for me at no cost....haiz...Ended up got to pay $140. Will see how many hours of PR I can get after the overhaul service. Hopefully like you, more than 72 hours...hehe
                                Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X