X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satch
    replied
    Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
    i believe there should be some course of action available to watch owner to recover his/her losses from the 3rd party service centre...

if i was to send my watch to a reputable 3rd party service centre, i would expect a certain degree of security system and insurance coverage in place... it would make business sense to pay for both if you're a serious businessman...

in a best case scenario, i would expect the service centre's insurance payout to cover all my losses, or at worse cover part of my losses...
    Thanks for sharing your view. I'm on the same page with u. But just wondering whether is this specifically covered under common law? I'm not legally trained so don't really know. If the workshop's liability is clearly spelt out in a document that both parties sign before sending in the watch, I guess it's ok but my thoughts is the workshop would likely have a capped liability to safeguard its business interest. Even if insured, it really depends on how much insurance coverage purchased by the workshop. If a few customers send in 100k RM pieces but workshop only has say 200k insurance coverage, it's not enough to payout.

I guess we might all say that these type of things are rare in sg, but then again we never know.

Leave a comment:

• clokwerk oranje
    replied
    Originally posted by nimm12
    Why dont u get your watch insured then send to service
    Above post makes even less sense than your previous one.

Leave a comment:

• clokwerk oranje
    replied
    no recourse from the shop owner
    eg if u park your car at a carpark and get stolen, does the carpark owner need to pay your losses?
    from a legal pov or just your opinion?

and your car/carpark analogy does not really apply in the scenario... if my car get's stolen, i would first look to my insurer for my insurance claim... if there's proven negligience on the carpark owner's part, then it would be my insurer's job to pursue it with carpark owner, after settling my claim...

Leave a comment:

• clokwerk oranje
    replied
    Originally posted by satch View Post
    Just a general question. If I leave my watch at a third party servicing center and it gets burglared and my watch stolen, what recourse can I seek?
    i believe there should be some course of action available to watch owner to recover his/her losses from the 3rd party service centre...

if i was to send my watch to a reputable 3rd party service centre, i would expect a certain degree of security system and insurance coverage in place... it would make business sense to pay for both if you're a serious businessman...

in a best case scenario, i would expect the service centre's insurance payout to cover all my losses, or at worse cover part of my losses...

Leave a comment:

• one2ten
    replied
    Originally posted by ac_wong75 View Post
    Not sure about the cost but ** does come highly recommended
    Cheers, I think the system block the named...
    Anyway, on second thought, guess sending it in to the authorised service centre would be a safer bet

Leave a comment:

• satch
    replied
    no recourse from the shop owner
    eg if u park your car at a carpark and get stolen, does the carpark owner need to pay your losses?
    If it was Richmond or RSC would they take responsibility?

Leave a comment:

• satch
    replied
    Just a general question. If I leave my watch at a third party servicing center and it gets burglared and my watch stolen, what recourse can I seek?

Leave a comment:

• ac_wong75
    replied
    Not sure about the cost but ** does come highly recommended

Leave a comment:

• one2ten
    replied
    Originally posted by ac_wong75 View Post
    Think the important thing is there an ad stamp if not that warranty is good as void
    They will dated it once u send it for servicing tat was what happen to mine as my warranty was undated as well
    i would leave the book blank and save the 2yr warranty
    the calibration (if i understand you correctly you mean regulating the watch) can be done by third party repair shop at a small fee
    thanks for both your reply,
    is a model with in-house movement.
    how much i'm looking at if regulate by third party? and any recommendation? jwwatch?

Leave a comment:

• ac_wong75
    replied
    Think the important thing is there an ad stamp if not that warranty is good as void
    They will dated it once u send it for servicing tat was what happen to mine as my warranty was undated as well

Leave a comment:

• one2ten
    replied
    Hi guys, sorry for hijacking this thread,
    If I wish to calibrate my N-series, but warranty booklet UN-dated and UN-named, will ion boutique take my watch? Or I should hand-fill the date myself before sending in?

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    I just hope that couple of years down the road, outside watchmakers will be able to service panerai's in-house movement...

Leave a comment:

• lfcd66
    replied
    I thought so as well. They charge between the range of $700 - $800 iirc..Similar to Rolex..

Leave a comment:

• bearbearfury
    replied
    Originally posted by technik View Post
    full service includes polishing. I paid for S$250-ish for my pam 270.
    so cheap? errrr... i tot it was at least 500...

Leave a comment:

• nimm12
    replied
    yes, 1yr warranty by service center

Originally posted by limmilo View Post
    BTW, if a out of warranty PAM is serviced in Richemont, is a warranty period provided afterwards?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X