Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by izee13 View Post
    Hi, everyone.

I'm a new member and a fan of panerai watches.

So far, have collected a few but all replicas.

Presently, wearing one (looks like pam104). Been wearing for almost 4 years now.

Now have some $ to get the real stuff.

Care to tell me where to get a new pam104 at a good price? Thanks.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...28Atomic288%29

This PAM104 is indeed a good price IMHO...
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

• Hi how much does the PAM212 cost? (1950 Flyback)
      Is it very rare?

Comment

• Yes. It's rare locally.

Think it costs around $13K?
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Hi any bros have links to local Panerai forum? Thanks!

Comment

• Local Panerai forum? Dun think there is, but many of us lurk in the midst of www.paneristi.com, watchuseek, bigwatchforum, horomundi, timezone to name a few. This section on www.sg-roc.com is about the only one that comprises of local risti.
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

• Hi, I'm falling in love with pams and I'm very afraid(cos' pocket kenna again soon). It seems like it is very hard to buy a brand new pam at a reasonable price and from the local ADs such as Sincere and THG. If get from others, how trustworthy r those freelance/private dealers? Examples like TWT and Visiotime, etc?

Thanx .
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Hi, I'm falling in love with pams and I'm very afraid(cos' pocket kenna again soon). It seems like it is very hard to buy a brand new pam at a reasonable price and from the local ADs such as Sincere and THG. If get from others, how trustworthy r those freelance/private dealers? Examples like TWT and Visiotime, etc?
                Thanx .
                Sincere and THG? Forget them. You are more likely to get the model you want at the price you are comfortable with from grey mkt dealers like TWT, Visiotime, Truly Collectables, Collectors' Haven. These dealers as well as dealers like William Loi, Yeo Kim Choy, are 'established' dealers in the panerai world so no problem there...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

• yes, this i have to agree. private dealers like william and yeo can sometimes give u better pricing because they do not have a shop front to operate.

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  Sincere and THG? Forget them. You are more likely to get the model you want at the price you are comfortable with from grey mkt dealers like TWT, Visiotime, Truly Collectables, Collectors' Haven. These dealers as well as dealers like William Loi, Yeo Kim Choy, are 'established' dealers in the panerai world so no problem there...
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I knw but te fear is how trustworthy r they? Sori I cant name my sources n shop/retailer but I'v heard tat at least one of those grey mkt dealers(mentioned) pass off old second/third/fourthhand pams as 'BNIB' ! I really dunno..
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      I knw but te fear is how trustworthy r they? Sori I cant name my sources n shop/retailer but I'v heard tat at least one of those grey mkt dealers(mentioned) pass off old second/third/fourthhand pams as 'BNIB' ! I really dunno..
                      Well, the thing is, its all hearsay right? I've heard from many dealers who insist that consumers stay away from such grey market dealers, and they're unreliable etc. But the funny thing is when u ask to buy a Panerai off them on the spot, they're stumped and ask you to wait 6 months to a year, which more often than not... u don't receive their calls saying your Panerai has arrived. Sure there are black sheep amongst such grey dealers, but u can always do your homework first to reduce the risk of it all. I've personally dealt with William Loi, K.Chen, Francis and YeoKimChoy, and they're trustworthy guys with good reputation that they'll protect at all costs. I vouch for them personally, and I'm sure u'll get a ton of good reviews about these guys on Paneristi.

It's a fine line between LNIB and BNIB for sure. I'm ok with dealers passing off LNIB for BNIB if fact of the matter is the watch looks brand new with everything intact, cos if supply is low and if I'm desperate enuff for it , I'll geddit. I've got a friend who sold his used PAM217 passing it off as LNIB and ppl still take it.

Bottomline, inspect the watch before u hand over the $$$, I'm sure if it's BNIB, all the blue protective stickers on buckles, watch hang tags, papers, etc will be intact. If not, just walk away, simple as that...there's always a choice to take it or not after inspecting the watch.

But best thing is to have someone experienced with panerai to be there to inspect the watch so that you don't waste any time. Else, ask if the dealer is willing to meet up at the service center for verification...though I dun think they'll take up your offer if they're selling a brand new piece.
                      Last edited by Destro22BT; 19-05-08, 03:51 PM.
                      --Groucho Marx--

Comment

• hi all.. i am a newbie.. and love watches.. i know Panerai is a very well known brand.. but what is the correct pronunciation for this brand?

"pen-na-rai"? i've heard ppl pronunce it in many ways... just curious what's the right one..

Comment

• "perrrr nee raiiiii"
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            "perrrr nee raiiiii"
                            peh .. ner .. rye
                            SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

• hmm... was talking to my friend abt his.. does it sound like.. "pen-neh-roy"?

Comment

• Thanks for the advice and true enough, your second para scares me . I've a friend who used to own few pams many years back and recently when we chatted, he told me that he had sold all of them and one of the reasons was that one of the models was actually rusting! So he sold it off w/o informing the dealer, and he got off scot-free . Anyway, thanks again and I'll start prowling the ground for one BNIB !!

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                                Well, the thing is, its all hearsay right? I've heard from many dealers who insist that consumers stay away from such grey market dealers, and they're unreliable etc. But the funny thing is when u ask to buy a Panerai off them on the spot, they're stumped and ask you to wait 6 months to a year, which more often than not... u don't receive their calls saying your Panerai has arrived. Sure there are black sheep amongst such grey dealers, but u can always do your homework first to reduce the risk of it all. I've personally dealt with William Loi, K.Chen, Francis and YeoKimChoy, and they're trustworthy guys with good reputation that they'll protect at all costs. I vouch for them personally, and I'm sure u'll get a ton of good reviews about these guys on Paneristi.

It's a fine line between LNIB and BNIB for sure. I'm ok with dealers passing off LNIB for BNIB if fact of the matter is the watch looks brand new with everything intact, cos if supply is low and if I'm desperate enuff for it , I'll geddit. I've got a friend who sold his used PAM217 passing it off as LNIB and ppl still take it.

Bottomline, inspect the watch before u hand over the $$$, I'm sure if it's BNIB, all the blue protective stickers on buckles, watch hang tags, papers, etc will be intact. If not, just walk away, simple as that...there's always a choice to take it or not after inspecting the watch.

But best thing is to have someone experienced with panerai to be there to inspect the watch so that you don't waste any time. Else, ask if the dealer is willing to meet up at the service center for verification...though I dun think they'll take up your offer if they're selling a brand new piece.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X