Paneristi 10th Anniversary Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
    Similarly there are flippers who care no hoots about how anyone feels as long as the returns are good.
    Some Risti owners who may be afraid of the wrath of the community may just pass the watch to these 'flippers' for secondary flipping.
    I have come to a point to know that there is nothing that flippers cannot flip as long as returns is good.
    In those days when flipping is not rampant, the 195 were mostly kept. However, in recent times, 195 (with name engraved somemore) have started appearing on the marekt. 360 has no name...so who knows who sold their piece?
    Yeap, that is indeed true. As long as there are willing buyers there will be sellers name or no name makes no difference. I know a HK friend with a 195 engraved with some Brazilian/Portuguese name and did not bother him the slightest...

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
      Flip? Yeah, if after a year or two. If u flip it right after u got it, the paneristis are so gonna "love" you.....you gotta understand that 360 is so much more that a watch, it represents the essence of the community and their collective memories. So, you can understand why the ristis can be really upset when you put the word "flip" and 360 in the same sentence.

And, there are quite a number of them here too bro
      Actually for such exclusive models, one should really keep and treasure it. Just like I have 35k of orchid series currency that my grandparents gave me, its supposed to stay with me for rest of my life so I die die keep in the bank safety deposit box and never tot of selling it to collectors cos all are unused and new notes. But different ppl have different tots I guess.
      Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Similarly there are flippers who care no hoots about how anyone feels as long as the returns are good.
        Some Risti owners who may be afraid of the wrath of the community may just pass the watch to these 'flippers' for secondary flipping.
        I have come to a point to know that there is nothing that flippers cannot flip as long as returns is good.
        In those days when flipping is not rampant, the 195 were mostly kept. However, in recent times, 195 (with name engraved somemore) have started appearing on the marekt. 360 has no name...so who knows who sold their piece?
        I agree, i have some tots but Im not sure whether it is relevant, by flipping at very cheap or below market rates will result in erosion of the brand and value. Especially such special edition models....
        Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

That's why to date, I am still reluctant to pay for SE models as I felt the prices are artificially inflated by flippers, in some cases a few flippers for a watch. Maybe someday I may give in...someday maybe.
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
            I agree, i have some tots but Im not sure whether it is relevant, by flipping at very cheap or below market rates will result in erosion of the brand and value. Especially such special edition models....
            Not one will flip this for a cheap price. For 360 and 339, those who have the watch and thinking of flipping are waiting for the highest price.

Comment

Not one will flip this for a cheap price. For 360 and 339, those who have the watch and thinking of flipping are waiting for the highest price.

Very true, I reckon with the 360 only having an official retail price of 6700 USD then it could be flipped at a price near or over 15k to 17k USD. But with the 339 and a retail price of 14,900 USD then the flipping price will be roughly 30 to 35k USD at least at the high end.

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
                Very true, I reckon with the 360 only having an official retail price of 6700 USD then it could be flipped at a price near or over 15k to 17k USD. But with the 339 and a retail price of 14,900 USD then the flipping price will be roughly 30 to 35k USD at least at the high end.
                Nice estimate...very close to mine.

The flipping will stop only when the buying stops and the buying won't stop with the hype.

So, I will not think of owning a 360 or 339.

Comment

Nice estimate...very close to mine.

The flipping will stop only when the buying stops and the buying won't stop with the hype.

So, I will not think of owning a 360 or 339.

I agree, if spending that much money on a Panerai, why not buy a Pre V or Pre A, they seem to be the only PAM's retainging their value and not slowing coming down in price.

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
                    I agree, if spending that much money on a Panerai, why not buy a Pre V or Pre A, they seem to be the only PAM's retainging their value and not slowing coming down in price.
                    Agree. Sadly, I have yet to some across a PreV or PreA that I can afford for now. So stay with my 1A.

Panerai can come out with many more designs using different material and movement....but they can never make another Tritium laced watch which will age gracefully.

With 30K, I will get a PreV over the 339 all day.

Comment

don't know about Asia..

but I start to get the feeling here in the US that 339 hype is coming down a bit...its all about the 360

who knows..I am on the list..but not very hopeful..that's why I pulled the trigger on a 190...
                      [IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Sux6ZMI5otI/AAAAAAAABhk/Bv5v76Cu-XI/s144/logo_patek_2-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2mDcl8I/AAAAAAAABg8/E2v2rB9n3hA/s400/RolexBannerSig.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2jLKpdI/AAAAAAAABhA/T-KvkGpuicc/s800/Panerai_company_logo.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/S-Tqlsrv5hI/AAAAAAAAHdg/HQ0ZspcewzY/s144/watch_logo_omega.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ocwatching View Post
                        but I start to get the feeling here in the US that 339 hype is coming down a bit...its all about the 360

who knows..I am on the list..but not very hopeful..that's why I pulled the trigger on a 190...
                        There is always a ranking for hype. Once the 360 hype blows over, then something else will come in.

Comment

Nice watch siah!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X