Entry level Pam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klim View Post
    thats why OP should come up with a 47mm 1950s version. Balance out the thickness
    I think it's commercial reasons that they are holding back. But, you'll never know with OP what they going to do next.

Dino
    Last edited by PamDino; 14-08-10, 12:55 PM. Reason: Forget

Comment

Technically, they've done both & more with their in-house automatic movement... Isn't the PAM 305 a 1950 47mm case?.. & they've made it a submersible too...

Comment

Entry level PAM?

Hi all, newbie here..

As my recent posts in the Rolex forum would show, I've been eyeing a Rolex Expy II as my next purchase..

However I must say that Panerai watches are very alluring as well. What would be a good entry level PAM for someone new to watch collecting like myself?

A few preferences to aid in suggestions:

1) I'd like a second hand. I notice that certain models do not have second hand, and I don't really fancy them as I require it in my line of work.. No date is fine. Whether handwind or automatic are both fine as well.

2) A model with a bit of history or significance would be a great plus point for me.. Which is why my first serious watch was the Omega Speedmaster Pro, ahead of my other choice at the time, the Planet Ocean.

3) Price! As I just bought my Omega pretty recently, I'm not to keen to splurge too much. Most likely looking pre owned. Would it be possible to get something less than $5k preowned? Or at most $6k. Any recommendations on good preowned shops with nice stocks of Panerai?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

PAM005..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by inzaghi84 View Post
            Hi all, newbie here..

As my recent posts in the Rolex forum would show, I've been eyeing a Rolex Expy II as my next purchase..

However I must say that Panerai watches are very alluring as well. What would be a good entry level PAM for someone new to watch collecting like myself?

A few preferences to aid in suggestions:

1) I'd like a second hand. I notice that certain models do not have second hand, and I don't really fancy them as I require it in my line of work.. No date is fine. Whether handwind or automatic are both fine as well.

2) A model with a bit of history or significance would be a great plus point for me.. Which is why my first serious watch was the Omega Speedmaster Pro, ahead of my other choice at the time, the Planet Ocean.

3) Price! As I just bought my Omega pretty recently, I'm not to keen to splurge too much. Most likely looking pre owned. Would it be possible to get something less than $5k preowned? Or at most $6k. Any recommendations on good preowned shops with nice stocks of Panerai?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!
            buddy i see you already have "something" in your heart...005? LOL...sub dial second hand,and the ultimate LOGO!best of all, at your price range!Maybe gt some spare change for some straps shopping!! LOL...

Keep a lookout at the Panerai garage,in fact at the moment there are afew fivers on sale now at the garage...grab one before it's gone.

Best of luck!

Comment

+3...you just desribed the Fiver in your criteria above! Though I'd personally go for Zero the Hero!!!

Comment

Yes,zeroooo.....5 fit in yr bill for payment plus requirements just your post yr criteria,men
                Mu Tu Liao

Comment

Ok bros after extensively surfing this forum (went through all 32 pages!), watchuseek, paneristi and paneraisource,

I have narrowed down to 005 and 111.

005 pros
                  - Painted dial? Though I honestly can't tell the differnce, people seem to prefer it to sandwich
                  - Cheaper?
                  - Some people dig the look of the logo as well

111 pros
                  - More decorated movement with swan neck regulator
                  - See through case back
                  - Absence of logo, I feel the logo makes the dial look slightly cluttered

If given to me as a gift, I think I would take the 111. However the 005 appeals to me a lot as well, and I think the logo could really grow on me. Thus is the price difference significant enough to make me want the 005 over the 111? I'm fine with preowned shops (hobbylink, HRC, TWT...)

Also I heard that Richemont no longer does verification? Can anyone confirm if this is true? Cos if that is so, being a newbie I would be a little afraid to buy from private dealers (no offence to anyone, but I'm sure you can understand my hesitation spending a few thou on someone I haven't met before without a brick and mortar shop).

Comment

I will strongly suggest u get from the Pam garage here...

Comment

Ok bros after extensively surfing this forum (went through all 32 pages!), watchuseek, paneristi and paneraisource,

005 pros
                      - Painted dial? Though I honestly can't tell the differnce, people seem to prefer it to sandwich
                      - Cheaper?

111 pros
                      - See through case back

If given to me as a gift, I think I would take the 111. However the 005 appeals to me a lot as well, and I think the logo could really grow on me. Thus is the price difference significant enough to make me want the 005 over the 111? I'm fine with preowned shops (hobbylink, HRC, TWT...)

Also I heard that Richemont no longer does verification? Can anyone confirm if this is true? Cos if that is so, being a newbie I would be a little afraid to buy from private dealers (no offence to anyone, but I'm sure you can understand my hesitation spending a few thou on someone I haven't met before without a brick and mortar shop).
                      Erh...I think most people prefer sandwich dial over painted dial. 005 vs 111 is a tough call.
                      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

005 pros
                        - Cheaper?

111 pros
                        - See through case back

Bro inzaghi84, (AC Milan supporter?)

I am a newbie as well and I thank bro Spider82, who introduce me to his AD to get very competitive offer.

You may PM me after you have decided on the model and wanted a local AD's quotation to compare and match.
                        My humble beginning:
                        Ball - Conductor (SE), Rolex - Green Sub LV (Alpha-numeric series), Omega - PO XL & Pam - 351 (M-series)

Dream watch:
                        It is a tough choice between IWC IW500114 and IW500109.
                        [url]http://www.iwcportugieser.com/en/[/url]
                        [url]http://www.iwc.com/en-us/collection/portuguese/IW5001/[/url]

Comment

Go for a fiver.

It's the best versatile started pam. I am still wearing a Pam5 after all the while.

Comment

As you mentioned, do personally go to local AD or preowned shops to check it out and listen to their sales advice b4 committing yr thous of $$$$ to your wanted babie

Comment

++++++ STILL a 5. Cant go wrong. But again this all our opinion. Go with your heart. Its your watch.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                                Go for a fiver.

It's the best versatile started pam. I am still wearing a Pam5 after all the while.
                                your 5 is NOT a normal 5

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X