Advisory : DLC/PVD Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : DLC/PVD Panerai

Understand that there are some models with the PVD coating, like to find out more.

Does it mean that the watch cannot be send for normal polishing? Once its scratched, the colour beneath will show? TIA

Originally posted by sanbecky View Post
    Understand that there are some models with the PVD coating, like to find out more.

Does it mean that the watch cannot be send for normal polishing? Once its scratched, the colour beneath will show? TIA
    I'm afraid u will have to live wif it onces it was scatched. Not to mention to sent for 3rd party to re-PVD the whole case.

Comment

Yes it cannot be polished and once hit a deep scratch, the metal will show.

However it is quite durable properly done. Can dent without showing metal.

Not the same for lower quality thin jobs.

The only way to repair is to remove pvd/dlc, polish and recoat.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Or you can hunt for 3rd party pvd Pam 0 and beat it daily and still look very nice in pictures.
        Like someone I envy.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
          Or you can hunt for 3rd party pvd Pam 0 and beat it daily and still look very nice in pictures.
          Like someone I envy.
          If you want to hunt, go for those which is done by IWW, they are better one around in the pvd service industry
          Last edited by Ant; 19-10-10, 02:50 AM. Reason: Forget to add picture

Comment

Originally posted by Ant View Post
            If you want to hunt, go for those which is done by IWW, they are better one around in the pvd service industry
            Yes , agreed with Ant , send to IWW, they are GOOD.

Comment

IWW means?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

IWW = International Watch Works in USA

Comment

Great tx. We spoke on that right?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Great tx. We spoke on that right?
                    Think so. spoke to a few about PVD so can't remember...

Comment

Nice!! How does it work actually? Have to send my watch over to them? Reliable? How much it will cost?

Comment

Yes, you have to send your watch there.
                        I would recommend you to get it from the resale market it is too much hassle and cost of shipping won't be cheap either, unless you have a friend who flies to US often.
                        They are one of the reputable watch repair,restoration & modification shop in US, pretty reliable if you asked me.
                        Below is the link of the cost of the pvd:
                        http://www.industrialwatchworks.com/ship.html

Comment

Plus you have to pay GST if value of watch is declared/insured full value of watch when ship it back to Singapore. Unless you go through lenghtly process of declaring and filling forms PRIOR to shipping out of Singapore. Call DHL/etc and they'll tell you the process of declaring prior to shipping out

Comment

DLC Coating Services in SG

Hi folks,

I recently found out that 2Geeks @ HK street provides DLC coating services. Has anyone tried them before? Please comment.

Any idea anyone else is offering this service?

Thanks.

Comment

I did sent my Panerai MX buckle to them for dlc, from their website you can see that it is like carbon black.
                              And my buckle was like ping pong ball back and fro 2 times and re-sanded & re-coated for 3 times and waited for 6 months.
                              And the final result was a disappointing titanium color MX buckle and they claimed it to be pencil lead color and asked me to rub it with oil to darken it and make a comment that they never have so much problem in dlc servicing before. my buckle was a special case and one of a kind.

As far i know, they send to their vendor to dlc so likely they do not have the control of the final color they wanted ( try your luck kinda of thing)

My advice if you want to dlc a watch case, send it to jack IWW (black dlc color) or avitt (pencil lead color), both of them in USA.
                              Quality come with a price.
                              Good luck.
                              Last edited by Ant; 16-09-11, 04:30 PM. Reason: typo error

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X