PAM 386 Composite Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 386 Composite Model

Panerai never fails to surprise us! Time to save up for this beautiful model in 2011.

Technical information (obtained from rolexforums).

With automatic movement Panerai P.9000, the box Panerai Luminor 1950 in Composite ® and the strict observance of the functional and aesthetic codes that make each one unique watch Panerai, the Luminor Marina Automatic Composite 1950 3 Days - 44 mm, to be officially presented sihha in 2011, is a classic example of the Panerai tradition of innovation and quality.

The box Luminor 1950 and the bridge protecting the crown are made of composite Panerai ®, a synthetic ceramic used in high watchmaking first by Officine Panerai, created by an electrochemical process involving the transformation of aluminum. The Composite Panerai ® is much lighter than ceramic, but at the same time is much harder and stronger than steel and, moreover, is dull and looks very different.

The big brown dial, unadorned, has sandwich construction consisting of two superimposed layers containing the Super-LumiNova ® forming the numerals and hour markers fluorescent. He has the classic Panerai style, reflected by its thickness and high readability even in the dark. The display is protected by a sapphire crystal with smoked antirrefletivo treatment.

The automatic movement P.9000, which can be seen through the sapphire crystal back, is 13 ¾ lines in diameter and 7.9 mm thick, and was entirely designed and built in the manufacture Officine Panerai in Neuchâtel. This gauge has a date function, small seconds at 9 o'clock and a power reserve of three days, guaranteed for two mainspring barrels connected in series with an oscillating weight that loads the springs in both directions.

The Luminor Marina Automatic Composite 1950 3 Days - 44 mm is water resistant to 30 atm (300 meters) and comes with an aged brown leather strap with a clasp of the same color composite. Identified by the reference PAM00386, it is part of the Contemporary collection.

Reference PAM00386 - Technical Specifications

Movement
    Automatic mechanical, Panerai P.9000 caliber, executed entirely by Panerai, 13 ¾ lignes, 7.9 mm thick, 28 rubies, balance Glucydur ®, 28,800 alternations / hour. Anti-shock Incabloc ®. Reserve of three days, two drums. 197 components.

Functions
    Hours, minutes, small seconds, date

Box
    Diameter of 44 mm, Panerai ® Composite brown, with integrated rim

Fund
    Smoked transparent sapphire crystal

Device protecting the crown
    Protected as a trademark in Panerai ® Composite Brown

Display
    Brown with Arabic numerals and luminous hour markers. Date at 3 o'clock, small seconds at 9 o'clock

Crystal
    Sapphire, 2.6 mm thick. Coating antirrefletivo

Water resistance
    30 atm (300 meters)

Bracelet
    Panerai personalized leather bracelet brown aged, with a large buckle closure Composite in the same color. Supplied with a second interchangeable strap and a steel screwdriver.

Missed out a pic of the back case showing the in-house movement.

Comment

Very nice! Personally this watch will take the shine and pressure off the PAM 339. Will be on my buy list!
      His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Nice but I little out on a 1950 case, at least to me. Would be pretty on a luminor..
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

with the in-house P9000 movement it will be priced lower and more affordable as compared to the 339.

the only thing missing to make this a truly great watch is a submarine (pig) logo on the dial.

Comment

I understand that PAM 339 is likely to go for S$25-26k. The 386 will be a good option. But no need to rush to get it. Just look at the PAM 292. I was offered one recently for 10k region at an AD. This is a much more sane price compared to a year ago. Even the pig version is in the 15k region now compared to 18-19k previously.
            His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

It's always the law of demand n supply.

Comment

Why not black!!!
                You only lived once. Live it.

Comment

Originally posted by nakashima_mika View Post
                  Why not black!!!
                  I think the color combo is just nice with the aged brown leather strap. A black dial would look like similar to other Pam models and a black case will resemble a PVD case.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                    I think the color combo is just nice with the aged brown leather strap. A black dial would look like similar to other Pam models and a black case will resemble a PVD case.
                    Yes I love tis composite tone.. cleverly play to match the darker brown dial" Thnx for sharing Mr.Lee

Comment

Agree no need to rush. Don't think they come up with this composite just to make 2 watches. More will come. Ceramic might stop cos it's difficult to make.

For 25k, I would choose a wg/rg used daytona over the 339.

Comment

This composite material is something new which few other watch maker have ventured into until now. Just like the PVD and DLC which Panerai made widespread use of. $25k for the 339 is partly becoz of the 8 day PR movement and "Marina Militare" on the dial.

Comment

Yummy! Now who wants my 3fifty1?
                          You only lived once. Live it.

Comment

Nice!!

So wat range would the 386 be? 10-20k ?

Comment

Just letting u guys know that the boutiques are already accepting names for the waitlist...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X