Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is good if you can find the right model at the right price. Same as any other purchase (e.g. Chanel bag etc etc)

When I was in Milan last month, before the price increase, I had choice between the 321 and the 388, both offered to me at 300 euros less than the April 2012 list price. Credit card rate is 1.65. Still a good deal for me, cos it is purchased direct from an AD thus no worries about authenticity.
    AP Royal Oak Dual Time
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Pam 233
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Day Date
    Steinhart LSE
    Steinhart Aviation Vintage
    116610LV

Hers:
    AP RO Ladies
    Rolex Ladies Datejust
    Bvlgari Diagono Sport
    Longines Flagship Ladies
    Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
    Pam024
    Daytona

Previous watches:
    Pam 000
    Pam 176
    Pam 388
    AP RO Chronograph 26320ST
    Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date Brown Dial

Comment

• Originally posted by coern View Post
      It is good if you can find the right model at the right price. Same as any other purchase (e.g. Chanel bag etc etc)

When I was in Milan last month, before the price increase, I had choice between the 321 and the 388, both offered to me at 300 euros less than the April 2012 list price. Credit card rate is 1.65. Still a good deal for me, cos it is purchased direct from an AD thus no worries about authenticity.
      Bro, did the AD in Milan give the VAT refund directly off the selling price, or still have to go airport customs to queue? I am heading Italy soon, hehe.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        Bro, did the AD in Milan give the VAT refund directly off the selling price, or still have to go airport customs to queue? I am heading Italy soon, hehe.
        Wah! Bo jio?!?! Hahahah....

Comment

• Originally posted by shuseido View Post
          Wah! Bo jio?!?! Hahahah....
          Are you sure you can go...

I take pictures show you, haha!

Comment

I opted for credit card refund, as the refund is higher than getting cash (13% vs 11% I think). The refund paperwork will be placed into an envelope, for you to get stamped and certified at the airport before dropping into the letterbox to post. I flew out from Paris, the VAT refund counter was almost no queue at 3.30 pm... 14 VAT refund forms certified in less than 10 minutes.

Should be receiving my refund in the CC statement by end October or 1st week of November?
            AP Royal Oak Dual Time
            Pam 233
            Steinhart LSE
            116610LV

Hers:
            AP RO Ladies
            Rolex Ladies Datejust
            Bvlgari Diagono Sport
            Longines Flagship Ladies
            Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
            Pam024
            Daytona

Previous watches:
            Pam 000
            Pam 176
            Pam 388

Comment

oops think I mis-read your question... the only place I came across that took off cash from the selling price is ferragamo outlet at Serravalle, because they "ran out of VAT refund forms". So probably no luck there.
              AP Royal Oak Dual Time
              Pam 233
              Steinhart LSE
              116610LV

Hers:
              AP RO Ladies
              Rolex Ladies Datejust
              Bvlgari Diagono Sport
              Longines Flagship Ladies
              Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
              Pam024
              Daytona

Previous watches:
              Pam 000
              Pam 176
              Pam 388

Comment

oops think I mis-read your question... the only place I came across that took off cash from the selling price is ferragamo outlet at Serravalle, because they "ran out of VAT refund forms". So probably no luck there.
                Thanks!

Was told by a friend who went to Milan early this year that she went to the Milan airport 3 hrs ahead of departure yet didn't mange to get the form stamped because the queue was very long and the customs officer inspect almost every item...

Comment

Thanks!

Was told by a friend who went to Milan early this year that she went to the Milan airport 3 hrs ahead of departure yet didn't mange to get the form stamped because the queue was very long and the customs officer inspect almost every item...
                  I was very Kiasu and pack everything in my carry on luggage for inspection (as you can imagine, will be a lot with 14 VAT forms...)... then the customs officer just stamped everything without inspection. Who knows what their mood will be like???
                  AP Royal Oak Dual Time
                  Pam 233
                  Steinhart LSE
                  116610LV

Hers:
                  AP RO Ladies
                  Rolex Ladies Datejust
                  Bvlgari Diagono Sport
                  Longines Flagship Ladies
                  Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
                  Pam024
                  Daytona

Previous watches:
                  Pam 000
                  Pam 176
                  Pam 388

Comment

I was very Kiasu and pack everything in my carry on luggage for inspection (as you can imagine, will be a lot with 14 VAT forms...)... then the customs officer just stamped everything without inspection. Who knows what their mood will be like???
                    Ya this kinda thing is heng-sway one lor. If buy big-money items better be kiasu and 7-early-8-early go queue...hehe.

Comment

Are you sure you can go...

I take pictures show you, haha!
                      As in jio me to buy Pam together lah... Hahahaha...

Comment

• Just want to share some of the info when I was there last week, there are few things to take note when at the airport claiming e Vat, to me there is no need to really be there very very early, cos e counters usually only will open 2 to 3 hrs before boarding time. You need to have your boarding pass then can proceed to e custom with your purchase, let the officer view (up to them whether is there a need) and stamp your Vat form. Usually the queue to the custom is super long when in front of you are the PRC groups. After you got e stamp on your Vat form then you can proceed to Glober Blue counter to get your refund after you clear immigration, and again, queuing for that is a killer too, is either Cash or credit back to your CC. To credit back is simple, just by mail but to me, get cash back is safer, if is possible. One thing to take note if you want cash, under their rule, they will only allow to refund you max Euro1k cash, anything more than that will be credit back to your CC. I guess all these really depend on luck, cos timing for claiming Vat really not on our side, and they might even tell you they run out of Euro, they will refund you with other currency but maybe that time when I was there, I lack of luck and also due to is "Golden Week" for PRC, that's why will face all these. Anyway I hope my info will get you guys (1st timer going to Europe) a rough idea, hope whoever going there will not be like me, enjoy and good luck...cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
                          Thanks for the detailed info on the VAT return calculation. Glad I bought my 372 from one of our dealer bros on the forum. The boutique in Paris, as well as most ADs didn't have stock. I love the email reply from one of the ADs: pls try again after next year's SIHH... LOL!
                          Hi guys... Bought my 372 last month from the Dubai Mall Panerai boutique for US$9,673.. Just for your comparison. Cheers
                          Owned: IWC Rose Gold 1993 Jubilee, JLC Squadra GMT, Pam 372, Pam...

Comment

Thanks!

Milan is the worst place ever to get tax refund. the custom officer is racist. all Chinese people (don't care which country as long as yellow skin)

had 100% check and they even call the watch shop to confirm the purchase.

Even question us why are you buying so many branded goods. What an idiot. didn't know I need customs approval to spend my own money. also said all you Chinese people buy for resale.

they never check any Whites in the queue. stamp the form no question asked for Whites.

I vowed never to fly out via Italy

Comment

• Wow... I guess it's a good thing I flew out from Paris!!

The shop at Milan say that very few italian come in and buy, mainly asians and eastern europeans. Guess they are green-eyed...
                              AP Royal Oak Dual Time
                              Pam 233
                              Steinhart LSE
                              116610LV

Hers:
                              AP RO Ladies
                              Rolex Ladies Datejust
                              Bvlgari Diagono Sport
                              Longines Flagship Ladies
                              Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
                              Pam024
                              Daytona

Previous watches:
                              Pam 000
                              Pam 176
                              Pam 388

Comment

• i think the experience varies from airport to airport.

i was in Munich and being 1st time there had to search high n low on 2 floors for the tax refund counter. ended up the counter was located in a secluded spot. luckily i was already prepared with my watches in hand carry pouch for the customs inspector (boxes were packed into checked in lugguage). customs officer did take his time to go through the forms and then asked for the watches to be inspected. was very happy when i finally got my VAT refund!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X