Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai Authentication

Hi Folks

i am thinking to get a pre-owned panerai from a seller at this forum.
    Should i go for authentication first?
    If yes , where should i go ? probably on weekends?
    Thank you.

What model is that? And what series? Complete with paper and box? does the seller of this forum has many reviews?

It might turn out to be not necessary.

You never know.
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

i have 2 choices, pam 111 or pam 112. The pam 111 seller 11 positive feedback score, the 112 seller has no reputation.
      Both are full set. Please advice . thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alpha4 View Post
        Hi Folks

i am thinking to get a pre-owned panerai from a seller at this forum.
        Should i go for authentication first?
        If yes , where should i go ? probably on weekends?
        Thank you.
        It is really up to you if you want to do authentication, or not. As what Mr Paneraii has advised, carry out those checks and see how. If you still feel unsure/insecure, then do it. Since Richemont has ceased to provide this service, you may want to check with the independent watch shops/companies to see if any of them can do it. Check with them if they are also opened during weekends.

Good luck
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Is it possible to authenticate by our self since these models are see-through back ? What to look for? thanks

Comment

Can, if you're confident enough. I'm not

Or find someone who has the same watch to go with you, if you can find one.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i have 2 choices, pam 111 or pam 112. The pam 111 seller 11 positive feedback score, the 112 seller has no reputation.
              Both are full set. Please advice . thanks
              Most will say buy the buyer but it really depends on how much experience you have with the particular watches and hence how confident you are to self-authenticate. I would say 111 and 112 with transparent case back is relatively easy to verify, plus the papers, movement stickers etc have to match. I haven't heard about a case of a fake PAM that comes with complete set and matching papers/movement stickers. I bought my 112 from a new forum member who have zero feedback - the price was good so I took a small risk.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

i see. I have no experience with Pam , this would be my first piece.

Comment

Then it's better to play safe than sorry. You haven't told us who the seller is? If not convenient, never mind.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/86595-FS-PAM-111-J-series

&

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/85581-...onths-old-5.5k

Comment

i see. I have no experience with Pam , this would be my first piece.
                      Experience does not necessary mean you have to own one before. You can go touch and feel the watch (or similar models) at some AD or preowned dealer. My very first PAM, or in fact all the PAMs I bought over the forum, were without authentication.

But judging from what you said, maybe you should go for authentication, somehow.

Comment

It might be difficult if you have no experience nor own a Panerai previously. Because the booklets, papers and box can also be faked but it is very very very extremely duper obvious if you own one Panerai before.

There should have a stamp on the warranty card if Local ADs,

The ones serviced by richemont, even easier, because the BB number Case number Serial number should be listed on the service paper

just my experience and views, it doesn't mean anything because $ is yours.
                        I own a Rolex !

Comment

O I C. Mr edsonchan has long been a member here and I believe he has sales references you can read up on. As for the other one, he/she is a little new to me. See if any other member(s) here can guide you along better.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                            ...it is very very very extremely duper obvious if you own one Panerai before.
                            Agree...even the smell when you open up the wooden box, is kinda unique

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                            ...just my experience and views, it doesn't mean anything because $ is yours.
                            Also agree, hehe...

Comment

ok, thank you so much for all the replies here. Really appreciate it!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X