No announcement yet.

Panerai Authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yo yo pegasi, thanks. i was thinking the velvet cloth, the polish cloth, the texture of the box, the screwdriver, everything about Panerai is so well made and refined, just like an Italian suit, close attention to detail. Even the Italian cars use horse as logo because they are simply no horse run about these Italian brands (incl. Alpha Romeo 159,....steam.. LOL) i am deviating.. sheesh...
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

or should i go for this one? http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/85893-...-H-quot-Series

Comment

I think it is not right for myself to comment which one you should go after.. It looks to me they are all legit. The rest you have to make the decision.
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

Firstly which model you prefer first ?

Without authentication, my 2 cents is

Edsonchan and barryvip is safer bet as one is old timer and with service receipt,
          the other is dealer who sells frequently.

In the end if not comfortable, still better to spend 100 bucks to cure.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

The feel of the original PAM is just different compare to Homage ones. Everything is so defined and sleek.

Comment

just a word of caution. the latest replicas are really really well made. even with close inspection it is very difficult to spot the difference.

Comment

But winding it and touching it will be able to tell? Especially the CG. Anyway best to buy from Barry as they have a shop front.

Comment

If I were u I will just go JW for verification. Just spend 100 for a piece of mind. U already spend few k for a watch liao. Wats another 100 btw. If u buying from reputable shop still nt so bad,if from freelance seller den theres a risk.

Moreover verification does nt does on authenticity of e watch only, it also tell u if e watch is running fast or slow n pressure test of ur watch.see if e watch is wrking properly.
                  Current:
                  Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
                  Panerai 312N
                  Panerai 233O
                  Sevenfriday P1-2
                  Sevenfriday M2-2
                  Seiko SBBN015

Past:
                  Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
                  Panerai 005N
                  Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

If I were u I will just go JW for verification. Just spend 100 for a piece of mind. U already spend few k for a watch liao. Wats another 100 btw. If u buying from reputable shop still nt so bad,if from freelance seller den theres a risk.

Moreover verification does nt does on authenticity of e watch only, it also tell u if e watch is running fast or slow n pressure test of ur watch.see if e watch is wrking properly.
                    Current:
                    Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
                    Panerai 312N
                    Panerai 233O
                    Sevenfriday P1-2
                    Sevenfriday M2-2
                    Seiko SBBN015

Past:
                    Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
                    Panerai 005N
                    Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                      just a word of caution. the latest replicas are really really well made. even with close inspection it is very difficult to spot the difference.

Base on my personal experience, i have not come across a clear back Pam (replicas) or one that look like the real thing. Would like to check, brother leeye, have u came across a clear back Pam replica that is so real that it is difficult to tell even at close inspection?

My question is purely out of my curiosity, Thanks

Kind Regards
                      Jimmee

Comment

i agree, a simple verification is the best peace of mind.

i did that with my earlier PAM purchases until Richemont stopped providing the service. so those verification papers are very rare now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmee View Post
                          Base on my personal experience, i have not come across a clear back Pam (replicas) or one that look like the real thing. Would like to check, brother leeye, have u came across a clear back Pam replica that is so real that it is difficult to tell even at close inspection?

My question is purely out of my curiosity, Thanks

Kind Regards
                          Jimmee
                          let me do some research n i shall revert back

Comment

Think Richemont made a wrong move there to stop authentication. I understand their intention, but in the end people still find the mean to do "free authentication".

Another example of Rolex being cleverer in making money
                            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I think it's a wrong move to stop authentication too.

$/hr wise, the yield should be higher than a full service.

Strong secondary market also means higher brand value.

Imagine a watch that have low secondary demand, will you want to buy new?
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                                Imagine a watch that have low secondary demand, will you want to buy new?
                                Very good point. Reminds me of Graham...ended up giving huge discount on new.
                                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X