Question for Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
    Good Thread...gain alot of PAM knowledge from here...thanks all the sifu here..plan to get a 111 or 183...still struggling
    A PAM111 is a good starter PAM. And if u've already coveted that thought of owning a luminor and radiomir, welcome to the slippery path My first luminor was a 112, and thereafter I lusted after the radiomir, a 183 (because of the 'black seal' wordings). but to spend $7k+ for a basic watch just didn't float my boat. Then I started to think... why don't I go haute and have a coveted movement and the classic panerai styling? Enter the PAM190. It was JLC inside, and Panerai outside... and as compared to other watches with similar complication, it's second to none, and comes at a lower price point than it's successor 268. Importantly, I'm paying for some substance when I fork out >$10k for a watch, unlike my opinion of the 183/210. But of course I've been also proven wrong in my assessment of Panerai in the case of the PAM127/217/232 and the 249. Prices were cooked up to a ridiculous level in 2007. Live and learn I guess, but when I see that a certain price floor has been reached for the PAM190 in this economic climate, I am relieved.
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by denteo View Post
      thinking of getting 268 to compliment 233
      I thought you are selling your 233? Still want to buy 268?

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by dezy View Post
        Get both.... lol
        One Luminor and one Radionir, cannot go wrong one.
        I struggling between 190, 231 or 232...
        Tulan maybe get IWC BP first.
        IMO, it will be tough fight btw 190 and 232 ...
        Reasons to get the 190 have already being explained by destro22et so no need to repeat.
        232 was one watch long fantasied by pam collectors worldwide since pam became popular again - relatively affordable, SE, 47mm, gold hands, tabacco dial, very true to the original look of the vintage pams... unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you see it), it was released with the 249 (another long desired homage piece by collectors) and got overshadowed (not many collectors can afford to buy both at the same time!).. but slowly and surely, the 232 is gathering its own hardcore fans and its time will come...
        in any case, the prices of the 190 and 232 have dropped quite a fair bit in recent months...
        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

Hi Bro Des,

pls stop poison me on Pam190..
          190 is my 1st choice before i realise it was few grand more expensive than 183 and 111..at this climate i can only afford 183 or 111...
          Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
          Future - Geneva hallmark
          Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
            Hi Bro Des,

pls stop poison me on Pam190..
            190 is my 1st choice before i realise it was few grand more expensive than 183 and 111..at this climate i can only afford 183 or 111...
            After all the advices given, you should know by now that you should buy what you like so that you'll have no regrets

Also, buy within your means, ok

Dino

Comment

Wow u guys are real poisonous, i googled for pam 190 and omg.... it bitten me

Comment

FOCUS! on Rolex! Hahahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  FOCUS! on Rolex! Hahahaha
                  Excuse me,bro darkie this is Panerai section hor...

Comment

After you bought your new & gorgeous Pam, you'll need to get these

More POISON for you to digest

Dino

Comment

POWER!!!! Bro seems like you fancy more of the brown than any other color hor..is that a sub display?!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                        POWER!!!! Bro seems like you fancy more of the brown than any other color hor..
                        Natural leathers are basically different shades of brown. I don't really like fancy colours, though I have a few in my collection , just to have variety

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by VainKid View Post
                          Wow u guys are real poisonous, i googled for pam 190 and omg.... it bitten me
                          Well... no return for you. Wait until you wear the 231 on your hand, HK liao

Comment

I haven wear i abit siao liao... darkie spot me here i thot can keep low profile LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dezy View Post
                              Well... no return for you. Wait until you wear the 231 on your hand, HK liao
                              111 bitten me too hard now got pus on the wound :X

Comment

Excuse me,bro darkie this is Panerai section hor...
                                I m bringing my fren back to the dark side

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                                After you bought your new & gorgeous Pam, you'll need to get these

More POISON for you to digest

Dino
                                Wah

POWER!!!! Bro seems like you fancy more of the brown than any other color hor..is that a sub display?!
                                I just realise u 2 avatar the same...i was like how come u talk to urself?

Originally posted by VainKid View Post
                                I haven wear i abit siao liao... darkie spot me here i thot can keep low profile LOL
                                Hahaha usually i dun come in...happen that I saw ur name on the latest post hehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X