Panerai overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love PP, AP, Pam, Lolek, IWC...

In absolute material and labour terms, all overpriced I see. Even those collectible 500K, 1M watches. Can feed starving villages.

Brand is intangible, it lies in demand. More people wants = higher value.

All the brands are trying to create and maintain values by different strategy.

If you feel Song paying then not overprice because you enjoy the ownership. A 16K Birkin bag is grossly overpriced if you ask me. But many are happy to enjoy the ownership experience, exclusivity created by the brand.

When nobody is willing to part below a certain amount, thats the value. Nobody will part with a 16610 or 111 below 5K, for eg, as there are willing buyer at higher price. Thus selling at 10K I say overprice, but some are willing to pay more for the time of ownership, like 312 now over list.

Market opinion is diverse or many brands will fold. Each have their fans just like soccer.

Its a no end debate. Good coffee talk.

So 80c or $5 coffee?
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Originally posted by Watcha View Post
      I love PP, AP, Pam, Lolek, IWC...

In absolute material and labour terms, all overpriced I see. Even those collectible 500K, 1M watches. Can feed starving villages.

If you feel Song paying then not overprice because you enjoy the ownership. A 16K Birkin bag is grossly overpriced if you ask me. But many are happy to enjoy the ownership experience, exclusivity created by the brand.

When nobody is willing to part below a certain amount, thats the value. Nobody will part with a 16610 or 111 below 5K, for eg, as there are willing buyer at higher price. Thus selling at 10K I say overprice, but some are willing to pay more for the time of ownership, like 312 now over list.

Market opinion is diverse or many brands will fold. Each have their fans just like soccer.

So 80c or $5 coffee?
      相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

• buy what you fancy can liao..
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• pam

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
          I love PP, AP, Pam, Lolek, IWC...

So 80c or $5 coffee?

Comment

• Another factor at play is confidence in the brand. If I have confidence in the brand that the value will hold ... I will be willing to pay more for it. If I know that I will take a hit if/when I let it go, the pricing reflects this risk.

That's why the resale market is a good gauge of this ... and why people will pay more proportionate-to-new for say, a Rolex compared to a Longines. I like both brands, personelly ...

.... but I would hesitate less to buy, say, a new Airking for $4.5k than a solid-gold Longines for $4.3k ... because the former you can resell for $3k ... but latter, about $1.5k. Just an example.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
              i know why rolex and panerai so expensive liao!!! ...becos you can join the rolex and paneristi forums and be a part of the great community....

personally....i feel the paneristi community shares a great passion for their watches....

on top of that... their history and limited pieces will command a premium...simply supply and demand...

i love my rolex and pam equally....shhhh....dont let my wife hear me...
              Then you buy one for your wife for the coming Christmas.I am sure she won't complain.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X