Panerai overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
    Will small, thin & light watch make a comeback?
    Some will only like small watches, some will only like big watches, some will like both.....so I think small and big can co-exist.

I like a 47mm 217 as well as a 38mm Lange. Will not want a 47mm Lange and a 38mm Pam.

Comment

• Small, thin & light watch might not comeback but I am sure oversized watch will be history one day.... no offence huh.... hee hee...

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post

Comment

i 'm checking on my crystal ball now.................maybe no maybe yes

Comment

I was still in school lar during that time. Only have enouf for Maggi.
          You mean that when you were globetrotting, you were still in school? Very POWER leh

Dino

Comment

According to some watch dealers/ operators I spoke to, it is already making a comeback...
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

• Never believe in watch dealers / operators... they are just trying to sell their watches... I also heard from them that Yellow Gold would make a comeback 2 years ago and this time they are saying Rose gold is the in thing.... WTF...sorry about my language...

Originally posted by Ender View Post
              According to some watch dealers/ operators I spoke to, it is already making a comeback...

Comment

• i would like to thank all brothers who selflessly shared info on pams. This is such a good thread.
                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                What's NEXT?

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  i would like to thank all brothers who selflessly shared info on pams. This is such a good thread.
                  There are too much info, not easy to digest Hehe......

Dino

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                    i would like to thank all brothers who selflessly shared info on pams. This is such a good thread.
                    me too wanna thanks all except abang 116520 his Paul newman!

Comment

• In that case I rest my case....

Originally posted by louie View Post
                      me too wanna thanks all except abang 116520 his Paul newman!

Comment

• Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        In that case I rest my case....

Comment

• Originally posted by louie View Post

Comment

• Bros, me read till eye pain, e threads by Fred and Darth really share quite an amount of info, I saw this at a site tot of posting:

"夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

• Additional to that, Tom Cruise wears a Pam63 in Tropic Thurder Movie...

http://ablogtoread.com/2008/09/02/pa...thunder-movie/

Comment

• Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                                Bros, me read till eye pain, e threads by Fred and Darth really share quite an amount of info, I saw this at a site tot of posting:

thats my point, being that unlike what Fred is saying, Panerai is not immune to celebrity endorsement and regatta marketing, contrary to his earlier assertions. a more balance view is necessary. i have asked my research to look into richemont accounts to see whether marketing and endorsement for PAMs is broken down in their accounts, will revert.

Fred,

in an effort to "promote" one's loyalty and affinity to one's favourite brands, dun beat down other makes and also substantiate ones sweeping statement. i have not taken a opposite view to yours, but i have always maintain that though Panerai is not my favourite, it is always neccesary to own one to complete one's collection and also i super respect Panerai brand DNA, even though i think it is blown out of appropriate proportion and also a result of careful marketing. nevertheless, having a story to promote the brand is still better then having no story to promote the brand.

saying california governor is a molester(never convicted), graham using parts assembled using child labour in china etc etc, is not a proper way to advance one's horological opinions. and when pointed out factual errors, just put one's hands up and say, "mate, u r rite!!!". at the end of the day, this is a public forum, if i am seated next to you with a bunch of people and you raise your arguments similarly, it would probably be more appropriate.

the thread started with a dicussion on whether Panerais are overpriced? i assume the thread starter is 1)talking about todays PAM market prices, and 2)relative to other brands. i guess a more appropriate approach would be to contrast say model range against model range, eg PAM 25 against DSSD, pam 88 against gmt ,master. feel free to throw in other makes to contrast. disussing their relative performance and complications have more virtues. even older vintage series. discussing prices always contentious, with differing opinions. you put up a good thesis on why PAMs prices are not overpriced. i am just presenting an angle representing that part of the price premium, if there is one, is due to slick marketing. and we havent even discussed Panerai's involvement with ferrari and ferrari events.

to be frank, becoz of this exchange, i have begun to relook my panerai convictions and range again, and i admit that there are some temptations!!! nevertheless, i will resist,or more like the credit card will resist.

DK
                                It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                                Alexander Pope

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X