Guide : which country to buy Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
    This is absolute rubbish. All genuine, stamped warranty (if not expired) are valid at all service centre all round the globe (including Richemont), regardless of where the watch was bought from.

This brings me back to the nonsense question of asking a watch is 'local set' or 'overseas set'. There is absolutely no difference as long as it's a genuine set.

Price difference for Pam is mainly 'tax rebute' or currency differences. Where is the cheapest is not always constant. I have bought from Sweden and Paris last year. When Kronos low, sweden cheaper a little. Now Euro low, should be cheaper a little. Tax rebute is 12-16% depending. All said, transport cost to travel around to catch the cheapest also cannot be ignored. Plus, availability in which store/country also not sure. All said, no one knows where is 'cheapest' and got the model you want.

Buy LV or Chanel easier. Availability not an issue. So just get RP minus tax rebate and convert currency....got answer already.

I am assuming you are not flying around just to buy watch lah.
    I am 100% with Kuchingku on this- the savings will come from the tax refunds and depending on your luck and timing, through FX savings as well (and dont forget to plus your tickets/accomodation/incidentals etc..)..

Comment

Buying Pam

In US, I don't think you can claim tax refunds...only from Europe. In general, I think Europe has the best price after tax refunds and with the low euro now, i think it's the best value. London is pretty competitive as well but i think in some european countries like Italy, they may offer some premiums like a free strap or other stuff.

Comment

So S$ stronger, PI makes more $$$

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          This is absolute rubbish. All genuine, stamped warranty (if not expired) are valid at all service centre all round the globe (including Richemont), regardless of where the watch was bought from.

This brings me back to the nonsense question of asking a watch is 'local set' or 'overseas set'. There is absolutely no difference as long as it's a genuine set.

Price difference for Pam is mainly 'tax rebute' or currency differences. Where is the cheapest is not always constant. I have bought from Sweden and Paris last year. When Kronos low, sweden cheaper a little. Now Euro low, should be cheaper a little. Tax rebute is 12-16% depending. All said, transport cost to travel around to catch the cheapest also cannot be ignored. Plus, availability in which store/country also not sure. All said, no one knows where is 'cheapest' and got the model you want.

Buy LV or Chanel easier. Availability not an issue. So just get RP minus tax rebate and convert currency....got answer already.

I am assuming you are not flying around just to buy watch lah.

Hi, how to know whether it genuine? Can request Richemont for verification?

Comment

I think I should clarify a bit. What I meant by grey market is the watch does not come from AD. This may translate to a warranty card that is not recognised/considered void by the service centre. Doesn't mean that the watch is fake.

You all have been discussing buying a new set, haven't you? As far as preowned set is concerned, some VAT refund may not apply to these sets.

You can try visiting ADs at Vienna and Salzburg in Austria. The last time I visited them, they have rare pieces in stock.

Comment

haha...my next watch is also an AP...Great taste bro!!!

Comment

Hi bro, did u buy ur Pam from Stockholm? From which shop? Care to share?
                I m currently staying in Sweden...and planning to go up to Stockholm...And now the exchange rate is good...
                Thanks

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the kind info here...Maybe I need to clarify abit of myself... I m currently working in Sweden and intend to travel abit during my holidays. Tat's why I need to ask all the advices before i go...
                  I m not flying to the country just to buy watches...and I m not a seller too...
                  I buy watches is purely for my own liking and usage...and not for sale...

Regards

Comment

First you can check out the AD nearest to your place. I remember correctly there are also a few ADs in Copenhagen. I would strongly suggest visiting there. I am sure it's not so far away by X2000 train.

If it is from AD brand new, I have to concur that the warranty will be valid in Singapore Richemont Service Centre.

Keep the receipt

Comment

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
                      Hi guys,

Thanks for all the kind info here...Maybe I need to clarify abit of myself... I m currently working in Sweden and intend to travel abit during my holidays. Tat's why I need to ask all the advices before i go...
                      I m not flying to the country just to buy watches...and I m not a seller too...
                      I buy watches is purely for my own liking and usage...and not for sale...

Regards
                      Hi,

I bought a Pam 250 (daylight) in a shop along the street where there's a few watch AD/Boutiques....like Patek etc. Can't remember the shop name though. The street is near where LV store and Lacoste and Marimako are. I also bought a few LVs cos the Kronos was low then (Aug 09) and the rebute was at 16%. Bargain with them. I got a ladies friend who manage to get 15-20% off their list price. Not sure about pre-owned shops though.
                      In fact, I was travelling for business around Helsinki/Stockholm/Paris/Estonia. Only Stockholm and Paris got watch shops...In Paris, you and go to MNC (preown) near CE. Remember to bargain off about 10% too. Many ADs around there too.

Comment

Oic... thanks for the advice! I will go there and take a look...

Comment

I think the AD in CPH that u r talking about is in the centrum. There is only one AD selling pams there...If i rem correctly, its just opposite LV. CPH shopping street is just a long stretch of road with both sides of shops...I went there to ask around before, but the models there are quite limited...But anyway, thanks for the kind info!

Comment

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
                            I think the AD in CPH that u r talking about is in the centrum. There is only one AD selling pams there...If i rem correctly, its just opposite LV. CPH shopping street is just a long stretch of road with both sides of shops...I went there to ask around before, but the models there are quite limited...But anyway, thanks for the kind info!
                            Ya. The two sides all shops and very near. Many people there. I remember it's behind LV round the corner. Then walk straight till after the Lacoste shop and its on the right side. At the entrance of the street, there's a street paddler selling very nice hotdogs. As you walk in, the Pam shop is on the left hand side. As for stock, it's you luck but since you work there, can always ask them to call you when stock comes. All the best in hunting.

I love the change of guard and the Gambustan island where all the shops are. Best was to eat the Princess cake in the cafe where the king used to eat there. Yummy.

Comment

Pam 49

hi guys,
                              looking to purchase a new white dial pam from local AD. May i know the typical discount given by AD? and is pam 49 a historic piece or comtemporary coz i heard comtemporary model depreciate more in value?

Any other models that has a white dial to suggest? me having a rolex sub date now thus looking for a nice watch with white dial to interchange. Thanks in advance for all suggestions n advice. Cheers.

Sorry...typed this in iphone n accidentally did not realised i did not create a new thread. will cut n paste the above on a new thread.

Comment

Anyone with 'where to buy in italy- rome'

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X