Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGwatchwinder is not only dishonest

Hi,

I just visited this website again today and was surprised at the attempt of sgwatchwinder trying to make up a blatant lie. I hardly purchase items online and I never had any problems with any online seller. As for his allegation that I am a difficult customer which frequently buy online and gave other merchant problems, as what a forummer had asked, which online merchant is that? They even tried to make up stories now to cover their tracks.

In any case, its a couple-team online business, so they should stop referring to each other as shareholders, 'sales personnel', 'service personnel'.

Let me update what had happened since the seller has been not only dishonest but try to create another lie to discredit me.

- Lazada had escalated to its remediation department. Sgwatchwinder refuse to be responsible for the defect but said they will 'service' it, but refuse to arrange for pick up and delivery.

-Lazada absorbed the delivery charges, and arranged for pick up. Sgwatchwinder asked to delay the arrangement for a week as they will be out of the country.

- After a week, Lazada ararnged for Ninja Van to pick up the item and sent to their house.

- They delayed the 'servicing' stating that they don't have the spare parts.

- After a while, Sgwatchwinder contacted Lazada and said service is done. Lazada arranged for pick up and sent to my place.

- Initially when I send the item, it was in a mint box and the styrofoam interior was in good mint condition. They returned my watch winder in a beat-up box and old yellowish styrofoam interior. They changed the package that was in a good condition away. Hope they do not sell an old item in the mint box to another buyer.

- I tested the item and after a few days, the rotation and the switch on/off motor moves by itself. Frequency of defect is a lot lesser and functional defect is now limited to these 2 functions. But teh fact is, the item is still defective and couldn't not operate for the purpose it was intended for.

- I contacted Lazada and they contacted Sgwatchwinder. Sgwatchwinder insist thet the watchwinder is fine as they had 'serviced' it. Sgwatchwidner refuse to be responsible.

- Lazada with the advice of CASE, decided to refund me the amount on behalf of Sgwatchwinder.

2 things that I wish to highlight here.

(1) Sgwatchwinder had complaints at CASE before me, and even CASE knew who these sellers are. Apparently the previous victims gave up as Sgwatchwinder refuse to be responsible and were difficult.

(2) I was lucky that I bought through Lazada and Lazada took up the loss instead. The remediation department also were at loss how to deal with this seller with the seller being very arrogant and defiant in acknowledging the faulty products.

I just wish to warn all forummers here of my experiences and the unfortunate buyers before me.

Originally posted by chiu_peow View Post
    To one of the shareholders of sgwatchwinder aka loyz, you say that your business is a online business. Is the person who is in charge of sales in Singapore called Olivia?

In your post to the administrator, you mentioned that it is a carry-in for warranty issues which the thread starter already stated in his first post. As a buyer, the product broke down again after it was repaired. If it was repaired, how come the item broke down within few days.

Your allegations that the buyer has been a difficult customer from other online merchants, can you prove that by stating which online merchants he bought items from and made big fuss since you say that there are 2 sides to a coin.

Else your message to the administrator carries NO WEIGHT

I do understand that Olivia cannot offer a replacement product since it is an electronic issue.

There are many other brands of watch winder such as boxy, eilux, etc, which also uses electronic components. I don't see any bad reviews about them, so does that mean that your brand uses electronic components'quality that is not same standard as them?

Can representatives from sgwatchwinder comment?

Comment

Hi,

I went all the way to their place in Punggol to deliver and pick up the item that they supposingly 'repaired'. It was still faulty after that.

The seller actually refuse to admit that their product was defective. It was till I waited and waited till I managed to get the video evidence of the functions of the watchwinder moving by itself. Then the seller went unresponsive.

When I got Lazada to help mediate on my behalf, sgwatchwinder claimed that it was because they didnt know what was wrong with the watchwainder the first time round, so they can't pin point the problem. Now they supposingly know the problem after seeing the video. This means that they actually did not make any repair the first time round but lied that they did.

Anyway, I wish to close off this matter but I leave it to the forummers to feel if they are comfortable to consider buying any products from sgwatchwinder.

If anyone decides to, please do it through some established platform such as Lazada so that you will be liasing with a professional party in times of problems.

Originally posted by chiu_peow View Post
      Fully agree that such seller is UNPROFESSIONAL.

To seller, put yourself in customer perspective. If you had purchase the item and after being repaired, it broke down again within few days, how would you be feeling?

If I need to purchase a watch winder, I will not purchase from you simply because you push the blame to the end user.

Comment

thank you for sharing more details.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I hope we don't see this seller posting his products for sale in this forum.

Comment

It is very difficult to know who is the seller behind a forum nick. this is because, sellers can always change mobile number, use another persona name. more important is that there are many such watch winders available for sale from china. (it is important to note that there are better quality ones but it comes with a higher price)

as such, i have always advise members and friends who ask me if a particular brand of watch winder can be bought. besides giving them on what basic functions a winder should have

• is each winder pod individually controlled
            • what are the settings for each individual pod aka 650 TPD, etc

i have also ask them to buy from a local shop. this is to ensure that if there is an issue with the product, one can always go back to the shop and seek for assistance.

before buying a watch winder, i have also stressed that a potential buyer ask some questions such as, in an event if the winder is faulty,
            • is there a way to service it
            • potential cost of servicing it
            • what is covered under warranty

i have own 4 watch winders, 2 from eilux and 2 from orbita. i did not have any issues with them over the past 6 years. yes, i paid more money for such products but when i had minor issues where the sponge holder of the watch from orbita started to lose its shape, i approach the hour glass (bought orbita from them) for assistance. i got a replacement sponge holder in 2 weeks.

buying from online sellers have pit falls as clearly indicated by thread starter when the product is faulty,

• seller will try means to absolve responsibilities
            • seller will stall time to do resolve issues
            • there is very limited means of recourse in the event they buy direct from seller. buyer is lucky to have bought through a reputable online shop who can assist.

Originally posted by paulyna View Post
            I hope we don't see this seller posting his products for sale in this forum.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

There are online sellers who are dedicated to their businesses. Unfortunately there are also black sheeps in the herd.

Magnify the positives not the negatives. Lessons learnt with experience gained. Life still goes on.

Thanks for sharing! Peace ✌!
              Last edited by reach10; 27-04-17, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Suggest OP to lodge report against this winder seller to SG consumer tribunal.

Comment

This is very true, Triton. Especially for a product such as a winder, where it is suppose to support the continuous winding function of your valuable watches, those thigs to look out for in your post is very important.

Lesson learnt!

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  It is very difficult to know who is the seller behind a forum nick. this is because, sellers can always change mobile number, use another persona name. more important is that there are many such watch winders available for sale from china. (it is important to note that there are better quality ones but it comes with a higher price)

as such, i have always advise members and friends who ask me if a particular brand of watch winder can be bought. besides giving them on what basic functions a winder should have

• is each winder pod individually controlled
                  • what are the settings for each individual pod aka 650 TPD, etc

i have also ask them to buy from a local shop. this is to ensure that if there is an issue with the product, one can always go back to the shop and seek for assistance.

before buying a watch winder, i have also stressed that a potential buyer ask some questions such as, in an event if the winder is faulty,
                  • is there a way to service it
                  • potential cost of servicing it
                  • what is covered under warranty

i have own 4 watch winders, 2 from eilux and 2 from orbita. i did not have any issues with them over the past 6 years. yes, i paid more money for such products but when i had minor issues where the sponge holder of the watch from orbita started to lose its shape, i approach the hour glass (bought orbita from them) for assistance. i got a replacement sponge holder in 2 weeks.

buying from online sellers have pit falls as clearly indicated by thread starter when the product is faulty,

• seller will try means to absolve responsibilities
                  • seller will stall time to do resolve issues
                  • there is very limited means of recourse in the event they buy direct from seller. buyer is lucky to have bought through a reputable online shop who can assist.

Comment

Hi Cocas, I did, and I wasn't the only one.

Originally posted by Cocas View Post
                    Suggest OP to lodge report against this winder seller to SG consumer tribunal.

Comment

Thanks for this, I was considering a winder from them.

Comment

hi guys, this is olivia from sgwatchwinder. Sorry for my lateness in replying. One of my customer told me about this review, therefore i am here to give my view of this story. I did try my best to communicate with this customer however halfway he disapppear. When i asked him why, he told me he choose to deal with lazada cause he is trying to get lazada to get a refund instead. I still have all the watsapp messages in my hp. I had never tried to siam, I was heavily preg then and i did told him beforehand i will be going outstation which will caused delay in replying. I always wanted him to send me his winder as we never had this issue which we would want to help but he said the journey is too far, even lazada send him free courier, he rejected. He only wanted a refund from lazada. I am sorry that you felt furious along the communication, i am serious in assisting you but you had already made your decision. Anyone in doubt can contact me on my website or my hp no which is stated on my website. apologise I wont be follow the thread here but feel free to contact me, i have a baby and toddler to look after so sometimes i might be late in replying, hope the fathers here can try to understand. Nevertheless you can still contact me, I am friendly and i dont bite. Cheers to all

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X