Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, can I check with you guys does the RCS does adjustment to watch links? And do they charge? Just purchased 1 from overseas and the watch link was adjusted wrongly and by the time i realised was too late (at the airport).... Tks for your comments...

Comment

• Went to RSC today at 10.15am to adjust the bracelet length with compliments. One and only customer and job done in 15 mins. Greeted by very friendly and smiling aunties. Good job and keep it up! RSC....

Confirm S$920 for all sports model on standard servicing ...

Comment

• Is the servicing cost the same in different countries? will it be cheaper if i take it to the RSC in Philippines? will the quality be the same? Thanks!

Comment

• Just to share my experience recently. My half gold Rolex suddenly stop working one morning. When I try to wind or shake the watch, it moves clockwise then backward before it stop again.

I call up Rolex Service Centre and the lady that answer my phone suggest I bring it over. My 1st question is what is the estimated cost. Well, you all should know by now, it is $850 to do a general servicing excluding any repair or parts. It will takes around 5 to 6 weeks.

So, either Rolex business is so good or they are really very shorthanded. But how do they justify the $850? Inflation?

I went over to Han Meng at China Town. He took a look and told me it is the spring. On the spot, he removed the broken spring and replace it for $150. On top of this, he oiled some of the parts and advise that if required, then service it. Otherwise it should work fine.

We need all these Shifu to continue to ply their trade. without them, we will be at the mercy of these big agents. I think at the back of most people mind is, if they need to leave behind the watch, what will happen to their parts? It would be good for this forum to share some reliable repairers so that we have options.

Comment

• Never mind the price .... but the front counter service is deteriorating every year... besides my own dismal experience, I hear other horror stories about poor service, sometimes unreasonable counter staff.

Comment

• Have to agree $850 for servicing is too much.

Comment

• I asked about servicing of my watch recently too, they quoted $500 only though, and said that it comes with a 2 years worldwide guarantee after its serviced, which I thought made the price more reasonable...

Comment

• Anyone know how much to replace the glowing pearls on submariner dial?
                  Mine doesn't seem to glow in the dark anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by johannes93 View Post
                    Anyone know how much to replace the glowing pearls on submariner dial?
                    Mine doesn't seem to glow in the dark anymore
                    Keep it original preferably, but if it is a pain you can try calling Rolex centre up and ask for price. Though rather unlikely that they will just let you change the pearl and let u go

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Hi, any more feed back regarding watches after verification coming back with scratches? Just bought my watch bnib with stickers on, very heart pain if it returns with scratches..
                      Thanks in advance!

Comment

• price update:

i just sent my wife's EXP2 in to rolex to get a screw replaced. it costs $5+ each. links are $50+ (less than $60 but more than $55 if i remember correctly) and include a screw.

loctite is not used at RSC singapore from this experience.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• Hi,

i got a Rolex 16018 Datejust, the deployment clasp cannot lock, what should i do?

Comment

• Hi

Any idea how long servicing is taking these days?

I have a GMT from 2010 with a chipped crystal near the 11 o'clock marker. I'll be selling the watch when the service is finished... Would it be better to sell with the normal scratches and the small chip in the crystal?

Thanks

Richard
                            GMT IIc / Milgauss GV

Comment

• Probably 2 weeks to change the crystal.
                              I will sell the watch as it is, meaning I don't change the crystal slightly cheaper.
                              The buyer can change the crystal and this do the authentication indirectly

Originally posted by rjstamper View Post
                              Hi

Any idea how long servicing is taking these days?

I have a GMT from 2010 with a chipped crystal near the 11 o'clock marker. I'll be selling the watch when the service is finished... Would it be better to sell with the normal scratches and the small chip in the crystal?

Thanks

Richard

Comment

• Hi there. How much are you looking to sell your watch? Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X