Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my subbie is coming 1. is there any good reason to take it in for any `servicing'? it is actually working fine. i called and they said no need. typically after 3 years do u consider servicing....

however, i am not sure if there is anything i can get out of the RSC so my watch is in tip top condition. abit kiasu i gues...

Comment

Originally posted by garb-age View Post
      my subbie is coming 1. is there any good reason to take it in for any `servicing'? it is actually working fine. i called and they said no need. typically after 3 years do u consider servicing....

however, i am not sure if there is anything i can get out of the RSC so my watch is in tip top condition. abit kiasu i gues...
      wait till 3 yrs up then go service.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

went RSC this morning to send in my explorer II again. this was because, the hands were scratched as confirmed by RSC staff.

took the opportunity to ask about the authentication of rolex issue.

1) the cost is between 75 to 100 depending on age of rolex. older models will require a higher cost. the cost is NETT.

2) time taken for authentication depends on the number of people in the queue.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Can the RSC pimp up our watches? I m thinking of adding new stuffs hehe to my TT blue sub. Diamond bezel? Gold dial? Diamond markers? Possible?
          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
            Can the RSC pimp up our watches? I m thinking of adding new stuffs hehe to my TT blue sub. Diamond bezel? Gold dial? Diamond markers? Possible?
            I've seen a Sub with a Diamond Bezel it was like....bleahh...cannot make it. Doesn't suit the sporty image of the watch.

Gold dial or Diamond markers do exist,my dealer wanted to sell me a TT sub,with a gold dial and diamond marker. Looks pretty nice I have to say.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I went to RSC and they can change the face of my blue sub for 5.2K for the gold or grey dial with diamonds and sapphire. Faint.
              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                I went to RSC and they can change the face of my blue sub for 5.2K for the gold or grey dial with diamonds and sapphire. Faint.
                Hehehe...it's liddat 1..My dealer last time offer me a TT sub with the grey dial with diamonds and sapphire...

$8k

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

got back my explorer II today. hands are free of scratches. the damaged hands were replaced FOC

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

just called to check. the servicing at rsc will take abt 30mins for the technician to ascertain cost of servcing. price will be from 400 & above. talk abt heavy duty maintenance. period of servicing will take about 3-5 weeks depending on condition of watch.
                    Last edited by feudallordcult; 31-12-07, 03:02 PM.
                    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

cost of a bezel insert is 51+25=$76 for those who are interested to know.
                      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                      "Foreign affections"
                      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                      What's NEXT?

Comment

What do you think of Rolex servicing center?

Went to rolex servicing center to change a new bezel insert for my TT sub. My watch came back with a few scratches on the side of bezel!!

I discover this when i reached home and shine the watch under light. Before changing the bezel insert there were no scratches. The sight of the scratches made me really angry and upset. Poor standard of service by technician, next time I rather go jw watch or other shops for servicing. Technican just don't follow proper procedure when doing the job ( take short cut). One word to say is lazy.

What do you think of the skill of technicians? When you pay so much for servicing and get the watch scratched. Do you encounter similar problem?
                        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                        Rolex LV submariner
                        Rolex TT black submariner
                        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                        Rolex Non date submariner
                        Rolex Explorer2
                        More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                          Went to rolex servicing center to change a new bezel insert for my TT sub. My watch came back with a few scratches on the side of bezel!!

I discover this when i reached home and shine the watch under light. Before changing the bezel insert there were no scratches. The sight of the scratches made me really angry and upset. Poor standard of service by technician, next time I rather go jw watch or other shops for servicing. Technican just don't follow proper procedure when doing the job ( take short cut). One word to say is lazy.

What do you think of the skill of technicians? When you pay so much for servicing and get the watch scratched. Do you encounter similar problem?

So far I don't have such encounters before. But some fellow forumers have had similar mishaps too.

Why don't you bring it back to them and insist they polish up the watch for you?
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post

i just realised yesterday mine also like that...but i serviced it 2 months ago...so too bad lah....dun think they'll do anything about it...tot it looked perfect to me when i collected it...wore it only 3 times and i don't think i'm the one who caused it...

dun wanna spend $$ to ask them to repolish again....not now...maybe when i really am bothered with it then do it before the one year warranty expires...besides, they've the disclaimer that scratches, dings and dents are not their responsibility...

cheers

james
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

sent my watch in for regulation..... very professionally done..... no scratches no damage ...just a 10 min wait at the lounge/couch....

sent in another watch as one bracelet link was stiff....waited for 1 hour while i have my kopi... rsc replaced the entire bracelet under warranty.......... it was beyond my expectation so i was very happy....

so far so good for me..... and i will be there again.....

to avoid situations where they might claim otherwise, i suggest our members to take detailed pics of their watches before sending in for service........ take pics of every surface every link every possible place....... and before handing the watch to the counter staff, show her the condition of your watch.......

it's similar to car workshops.... before taking over your car, they will check for dents and scratches ....... and the owner will acknowledge on a form....

better to be safe than sorry....
                              Last edited by ohlins; 24-03-08, 06:10 PM.
                              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

thanks for the heads up... when i send my watch for regulate/service, ill make sure they treat it with care and no add to any scratches there. my watches are all in good condition as i wash every week and will know straight away if anything wrong
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X