This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear all,

Im new to this forum as I was keen to get a GMT II 16710 Coke bezel and chanced upon this forum, I understand that this model is discontinued and since this will be my first rolex purchase, Im quite confused as I have read that there is the Z, F, D series for this model.. so I would like to seek some advise from all you guys here what is the difference between the Z, F, D series, is there more other series? which series is the most rare? Is this watch a good investment piece?

Hope to get some enlightenment on this GMT II 16710 and all advise and post from all here will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..

Pat

Comment

• rare in what perspective? in terms of production quantity? there is quite a number of pieces in the market.

watches are seldom bought for investment purpose. also what is your expected ROI?

now compared to my explorer II bought some 20 odd years ago. i paid 3000 for it. fast forward to current date, i can sell for probably close to 4500, which is 1½ (150%) of its buying price. spread it over 20 years. what is my ROI per year?

now compared to the same amount spent on blue chips shares, for some counters, the value of share has doubled within 5 years.

if you intend to buy it for investment (monetary) purpose, i say look for better instruments. if your purpose is not to lose much value in the price you paid for in a watch, i say go for vintage rolex, prices are pretty low compared to last year and previous year.

Originally posted by chill_absolut View Post
      Dear all,

which series is the most rare?

Is this watch a good investment piece?

Pat
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• hey guys, anyone know the market price for Daytona (brand new at the moment)? I'm interested in the new baselworld 2011 one. Monobloc cerachrom bezel. how many % discount is being given for daytona at the moment, if any?

Comment

• I think some guys here have posted the price of the new ROLEX Daytona. I can't recall where but you can do a search to get the information. As for discount, it is almost impossible because new ROLEX models hardly come with discount. Worse, if it's the Daytona because even the current stainless steel models do not have discount. The new one should probably come to Singapore in the third quarter of the year.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Price almost didn't come into play Because my advice here is if you want to get a certain watch and you've set your sights on it as the one for you (noting all my proposed assessment factors to prevent you from ending up with a mistake) then price may be a secondary factor. Of course, don't be eyeing watches that are totally out of your means.

Comment

• I just got the TT GMT2 as felt that it just brings out the little bit extra for this model ... Perfect timepiece, no regrets!!!

Comment

• Congratz! It's a dream watch for me. Hope I can afford one in a couple of years
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Just bought a lady DJ 179171 for my wife at a local AD and was told that 10% discount cap is applied across the board regardless of cash or credit and that there is no better offer elsewhere .... First time buyer so seeking advice whether this is a fact .... Anyway my wife adores the watch and it looks great on her ....

.... I was eyeing at the milgauss GV, gmt master II and submariner date .... So tempted to buy one out of the 3 to go along with my wife's DJ ..... Had a good chat with the SA (nice chap) and he said that no discount for the sport models (really?) .... Anyway, I cannot decide on which watch to get for myself hehehe .....
                  Any recommendation?

Comment

• These models you mentioned, "milgauss GV, gmt master II and submariner date ....", are ROLEX's sports/professional models and they seldom come with discounts. Reason being that they are lesser in quantity on sale by the ADs. If you can't decide which to get, the best is to visit your AD or any others that carry those models, and try them on your wrist. You can better decide when you wear them on as compared to just looking at the pics.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      These models you mentioned, "milgauss GV, gmt master II and submariner date ....", are ROLEX's sports/professional models and they seldom come with discounts. Reason being that they are lesser in quantity on sale by the ADs. If you can't decide which to get, the best is to visit your AD or any others that carry those models, and try them on your wrist. You can better decide when you wear them on as compared to just looking at the pics.
                      Bro, I tried all three models and loved all three on my wrist when I bought my wife's DJ ... But will only want to buy
                      one .... For day to day wear and for work, which model would be the most suitable? Personally I love the milgauss LV but too bad no date .... Aiyoh so hard to decide

Comment

• There! You said it yourself, "but too bad no date ....". You have given a 'demerit point' to one of the choices and if the date function is of importance/significance to you, then you have lesser headache now. Use the 'rule out' method if you can't do the 'rule in' method. In this case, you are now faced with one that has date but no 3rd time zone function (Submariner) and one that has all (GMTII). Your choice should be clearer by now?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• So hard to rule out the milgauss GV from my to get list although there is no date function .... Went to one the AD and was offered a 10% discount on the list price .... So tempted to buy .... Not sure whether there is a chance of a better discount else where .... Master II and submariner out of stock when I walked in ..... Saw the dateJust 2 41mm-> looks very nice too .... Look like I will shop around one more week before deciding on my first buy .... Hehehe

Comment

• Finally after two weeks of hunting, I got my first rollie .... A TT GMTII
                            Kena poisoned lah ... Haha
                            Tks to ocean bro for his guidance

Comment

• Another happy man, congratz . Enjoy your new watch
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• hello everyone

Which one is nicer? Thinking of buying one of the three

pls give some advice. thank you.
                                劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X