X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

Comment

peng kwee shops's website url is http://www.2ndhandwatch.com/

With reference to the post above, there are no links to their rolex and omega watches in their website
      Last edited by triton; 16-02-08, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Which Rolex?

Hi All,

I am new here.

Thinking of getting a Rolex for collection. Is GMT Master II a good model to buy for collection? I was told by the Watch Sales guy from Hour Glass that GMT Master II is well sought after and it is a good model to purchase. If not, which model would all of you advise.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Comment

Hmm...wads ur budget like bro?

Have u seen the Yatch master/Explorer II/Submariner?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
            Hi All,

I am new here.

Thinking of getting a Rolex for collection. Is GMT Master II a good model to buy for collection? I was told by the Watch Sales guy from Hour Glass that GMT Master II is well sought after and it is a good model to purchase. If not, which model would all of you advise.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
            the most sought after model currently is still the daytona.

which GMT Master II series did the person say is it the 16710 or 116710?

16710 has already been discontinued.

116710 was launched last year and currently it is low in supply and higher in demand compared to supply hence the selling price is higher than its list price.

late last year, the sub date was highly sought after and the selling price was @ list, some people got it @ about 5% discount. some paid list.

do not buy a watch from what people tell u. do research urself. there are many threads here discussing about the various professional series. more importantly, get one that fits your wrists and smiles @ u.

no point getting a watch that ppl say is good value for money but u dont like it. then again what is good value for money? this is the journey u have to embarked urself and experience it.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for all the advise.

I am new to Rolex; that's why I am seeking advise from the expert here.

I am aware that Daytona is well sought after and also regretted for not getting it 15 months back. I got a JLC instead. Now the price is about $19K.

I like the GMT II (116710) as well. Have not seen the actual watch (seen it on the web only) yet as it is currently out-of-stock.

As such, I am looking for an alternative Rolex model. My budget this time round is around $11K or less.

Thanks again for the advise.
              Last edited by Spider; 24-03-08, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by triton
                i thought i should include this point when buying second hand watches. if the watch comes with papers. do check that the series alphabet is more or less matching the date of papers.

for example a P series watch is produced between jan 2000 and aug 2001, if the papers/card is dated say aug 2003. then it could mean the card/paper was not stamp when bought. if @ the watch in concern you know is a popular item back then, one has to be cautious as why it is kept for so long.

there are some reasons what i can think of. seller got it @ a lower cost price and want to sell @ maximum price.

alternatively, if it is a preown piece, buyer request not to fill in the date so that can extend warranty. however, one other possibility is that want to sell it @ a higher price @ later date when rolex increase its selling price.

as such, the asking price could be futher negotiated.
                bro, if that's the case...even though we know that the watch is not a recent production (as stated in your post), will service centres still honor it knowing that it's way past the warranty period?

I've spotted an example in the garage sale (no offence to horologicalfanatic)...DJR watch. DJR rebranded at least 2 years ago and i know that no retailer is selling DJR watches now (all selling jean richard watches now). The paper was dated July last year...expiry for JR watches should be 2 years....if we send the watch for servicing...will service centre still honor it? anyone knows?

cheers

james
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by triton
                  i thought i should include this point when buying second hand watches. if the watch comes with papers. do check that the series alphabet is more or less matching the date of papers.

for example a P series watch is produced between jan 2000 and aug 2001, if the papers/card is dated say aug 2003. then it could mean the card/paper was not stamp when bought. if @ the watch in concern you know is a popular item back then, one has to be cautious as why it is kept for so long.

there are some reasons what i can think of. seller got it @ a lower cost price and want to sell @ maximum price.

alternatively, if it is a preown piece, buyer request not to fill in the date so that can extend warranty. however, one other possibility is that want to sell it @ a higher price @ later date when rolex increase its selling price.

as such, the asking price could be futher negotiated.
                  Very good point. This is very common in preowned Rolexes esp
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                    if we send the watch for servicing...will service centre still honor it? anyone knows?

cheers
                    james

i guess they will still honor it because it is sold through AD/private dealer. what im trying to do is raise awareness so that future potential buyers can take note so that they dont pay too high a price.

one recent classic example is the 16710 series, many rush to buy it before the increase in GST and i know some papers were not dated.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am new here. Been contemplating on buying a rolex for the longest time. I do not have a big budget to work with and I'm just looking for a classic model as I do not foresee myself being able to afford more than 1 for now..hmm..till dunno when. I have no idea on the price range and I'm assuming I can get one for about 5k? Lady's? Would appreciate any suggestions/assistance. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pebz View Post
                        Hi everyone,

I am new here. Been contemplating on buying a rolex for the longest time. I do not have a big budget to work with and I'm just looking for a classic model as I do not foresee myself being able to afford more than 1 for now..hmm..till dunno when. I have no idea on the price range and I'm assuming I can get one for about 5k? Lady's? Would appreciate any suggestions/assistance. Thanks!
                        If you are working with 5k,I would advise u get preowned. For 5k u can get a TT ladies DJ with diamond dial.

Comment

Hmm..diamond not that important to me. Would prefer with date. Am thinking mid-sized. How much should I 'up' my budget? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pebz View Post
                            Hmm..diamond not that important to me. Would prefer with date. Am thinking mid-sized. How much should I 'up' my budget? Thanks!
                            Do u mind preowned?

A TT DJ with normal dial will cost you 3k and up...preowned that is...

Comment

I think it depends on the condition and the price. I'm willing to explore all options..beggers cant be choosers! Joking..

Comment

maybe you should post in the Garage section, go to WTB (want to buy) and state your request.. who knows... you might get lucky. Good luck in your hunt..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                                - GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X