Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from your posting, it seems that you already made up your mind what to get already.

on the side note, stick within budget. dont push it.

Originally posted by vk123 View Post
    hi sifus , im contemplating my first rolex . im looking at either the 116613 or the 116523 preowned . the 116523 is a bit out of my initial budget but if i see a good deal i would consider it .

i love both these models , but i was thinking if i went for the 116523 first , it wouldnt make sense for me to downgrade to the 116613 in the future would it ? in contrast , if i got the 116613 first , i would definitely upgrade to the 116523 in the future

would u guys who have already owned a daytona sell it off to downgrade to a sub or a gmt ? please advise !
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by s54 View Post
      Hi People,

I want to buy a rolex 191171(i suppose this is the right model. It is the ladies half rose gold with with face and diamonds.) But, i am wondering will i get a better deal if you i purchase it in Zurich.

Any recommendations from all the pros here, your feedbacks are welcome.

cheers
      It's cheaper over here bro for the Datejust or the half gold/solid gold models.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rollielover;448998]
        Originally posted by Rollielover View Post
        My First Rollie purchased recently - GMTII TT beside my wife DJ (I kena poisoned after buying her the DJ).

Upgrade from my tag

Hi Rollielover,

I'm also considering buying a 179171 for my wife. Can you share how much the one you bought for your wife and which shop? You got 10% discount for that one right?

Btw, your GMT II TT looks really nice.....can share price also?

Cheers!~

Comment

• Hi, everyone,

Good Day!
          I just bump into this forum yesterday while searching for onformation on a Rolex vinatge watch model 15038 Cos It catch my eyes in one of the 2nd hand watch shop in Singapore chinatown.
          It carry a price tag of SGD 4500. ( white face, everything is original rolex except leather strips)
          May I know is this a normal market price for this model? ( ard 20 yrs old)
          I like a full gold watch. Currently had a Movado with whole gold case with machanism loading from front.
          I am not watch collector or expert.
          Thanks in advance for any advise .

Cheers

Comment

• [QUOTE=skanps;452810]
            Originally posted by Rollielover View Post

Hi Rollielover,

I'm also considering buying a 179171 for my wife. Can you share how much the one you bought for your wife and which shop? You got 10% discount for that one right

Btw, your GMT II TT looks really nice.....can share price also?

Cheers!~
            Bro, check your pm ..... Happy hunting, once you are poisoned, you cannot turn back hahahaha

Comment

• Hi

hi, newbie reporting..thinking of getting a rolex watch for hubby's birthday but not sure which is better.

(1) date just 2, 41mm with white gold bezel, grey surface and roman markers - $10k+
              (2) explorer 1, 39mm, black surface-$8k+

Been eyeing d date just 2 for quite some time and d recent price increase sure adds additional pinch on d price.

Just curious, there's no discount on explorer and yet there's discount for date just, any reason? Also, how do I differentiate explorer 1 n 2? Does d explorer 1 comes with white surface coz d pics in d forum r all black.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Hi & welcome

At least you've done some homework. Both are nice watches and the reason for the discount differences of both models is because ROLEX gives little or no discount for their sports/professional models, and the Explorer happens to be one of their sport models. However, some discounts are usually given for their klassik models and the DateJust is one of ROLEX's klassik models.

Differentiating the Explorer 1 & 2 is not difficult. One obvious feature is the date function. The 1 has none while the 2 comes with date. The 1 only comes in black dial while the 2 comes in black & white. Another visual feature is that there's a "third red hand" for the 2, and none for the 1.

I envy your hubby. Hope you get your watch soon.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• just pop by most preown shop and compare the 36mm and 39mm explorer I side by side. this might give you a better idea if you still like to get for your hubby the 39mm.

between the 39mm explorer I and explorer II, i would go for the explorer II considering the price is quite close.

Originally posted by Soxcotton View Post
                  hi, newbie reporting..thinking of getting a rolex watch for hubby's birthday but not sure which is better.

(1) date just 2, 41mm with white gold bezel, grey surface and roman markers - $10k+
                  (2) explorer 1, 39mm, black surface-$8k+

Been eyeing d date just 2 for quite some time and d recent price increase sure adds additional pinch on d price.

Just curious, there's no discount on explorer and yet there's discount for date just, any reason? Also, how do I differentiate explorer 1 n 2? Does d explorer 1 comes with white surface coz d pics in d forum r all black.

Thanks in advance!
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Thanks triton & oceanklassik!
                    Oh, so is explorer 2 comes with d outer ring with 24numbers,right? My hubby tried d date just 2 before and looks good coz he for big wrist but he find it too flashy(blink).
                    I've shown him d pix of d explorer 1 and he find it nicer. But I'm not sure if he will look nice in it, risky sia.

I'm not too keen to get pre own coz not sure of d authenticity n how d previous owner use d watch.

Another question, d mechanism in rolex watches r d same n so y does sports series command a higher price(no discount)? or r d sports series more durable like shock resistance, take higher pressure etc?

Comment

• Whether you like it or not, this is how ROLEX (and many other luxury watch brands) market their watches. The less is produced, the more is sought after. ROLEX produces less of their sports models as compared to the klassik range so this naturally drives up the demand = drives up prices.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• if he got big wrist, then 36mm may be a tad too small on his wrist.

if you are not sure if he likes it or not, then better not get.

getting preown with warranty papers/card should ally initial concerns because so long as the serial number on the paper/card matches that on the watch, it should be ok. further more, you can bring it to RSC for authentication. if RSC certifies it authentic, then is ok.

as to how the previous owner use the watch, then try to get the newer series where the watch is preferably not polished abeit minor scratches without dings. if it proves too much of a tall order, then preown is not the way to go.

mechanism on different models of rolex may not be the same, say that of a explorer II against a DJ II.

sports series command a higher price may not be due to the production number but rather the availability of stock for sale by AD. it may be also due to the higher demand for sports models compared to DJ models.

some sports models are slightly better than other models for its ability to perform under certain conditions.

Originally posted by Soxcotton View Post
                        Thanks triton & oceanklassik!
                        Oh, so is explorer 2 comes with d outer ring with 24numbers,right? My hubby tried d date just 2 before and looks good coz he for big wrist but he find it too flashy(blink).
                        I've shown him d pix of d explorer 1 and he find it nicer. But I'm not sure if he will look nice in it, risky sia.

I'm not too keen to get pre own coz not sure of d authenticity n how d previous owner use d watch.

Another question, d mechanism in rolex watches r d same n so y does sports series command a higher price(no discount)? or r d sports series more durable like shock resistance, take higher pressure etc?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

• Thanks so much for d valuable advice!
                          anyway, think I've found d watch.......
                          Today went to window shop @ Sincere vivo and got him to try d 40mm Daytona black dial with numbers n Yellow gold bezel and half yellow gold bracelet and i think it looks great! Althou its gold but not as bling as d datejust. But d price after discount was $19k+!!!
                          D sales guy was saying daytona black dial with stainless steel would command a premium and price would be abt $17k+.
                          Juz curious, y would stainless steel be at premium and yellow gold be discounted?

There this 2nd hand shop at harboufront n saw a daytona black dial stainless steel for $14k+.
                          Saw couple of Daytona stainless steel back dial for sale in d garage, d price is pretty tempting,$13k+ N surprising some with diamond markers r also same price with d normal numbers,....hmm, y?

Think I may have to look into 2nd hand market Liao.....
                          Daytona have those different series to mark d year of manufacturing and so, what's d reasonable discount to factor in?
                          How do I tell if d watch is a newer series?
                          How do i know if d previous owner have polished d watch b4?
                          Any reliable 2nd hand dealer to recommend? Getting from 2nd hand dealer prcoedure is it pay 1st n then bring to RSC for verification?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Woah! That's quite a lot of questions. You may start by 'googling' for relevant information on the Internet for some of the queries. Try "oysterworld" and/or "oysterinfo". As for why precious metals (gold & others) on certain watches come with better discounts than stainless steel models, well, it is on a simple logic of demand.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• just to share with you.

there was SS daytona selling for under 17K(quoted by AD) for a BNIB piece. in sg-roc probably is cheaper by 2k quoted by AD.

SS models are generally more in demand compared to TT/RG/YG models. as such the SS models are sold @ above list.

up to G series, it is possible to tell a rolex roughly when it was produced. however, with the new alphanumeric series. there is no way currently to tell which year production.

discount is not solely based on year of production. condition of watch. availability of box and papers need to be factor in as well. there is no clear cut discount structure you can factor in.

also you looking @ which model? SS/TT/RG/YG?

G - most current other than alphanumeric series followed by V M Z and so on.

check out the Rolex Coinceirge Service. there are few stickies threads on it. alternatively, use the search function to find out more.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

• Dear peeps,

I just registered to this forum for only one reason. I am intending to propose to my gf with a watch instead of a convection ring, as this engagement gift would be timeless for her. As such, i have no idea where to start off with. We happened to pass by the Raffles City Rolex shop and one rolex caught her eye, the dial instead of numbers are flowers on it. I would like to check the prices at the boutique are fixed or able to get some discount?

Secondly, how is rolex comparable to the other brands in the market, i know rolex has been in the mkt for quite a while. Saying that, i only set aside 8-10k for an engagement watch for her, are there any other "flower" patterned rolex in the market.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X