Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya fichet 30min... actually more than enough unless civil defence so slow...

Comment

• Originally posted by khimwoon View Post
      cos fichet the dimension i can only put 1 place in my room and its exposed to window haha... at least resengren dimension slimmer can hide some other place... i tried 70kg... realise quite heavy laio... 2 person also take some time to shift...

worry fichet 200kg the floor cannot take it

mine 55kg also quite heavy liao..if u are a thief wanna run road sure gan chiong..also dunno how to carry away..somehow the weight of a 55kg safe is different from a 50kg bag of rice..it just feels different..seems much more heavy on the safe..

dun worry about hdb..you know those 8-10 feet fish tank for arowana..actually weights more than 1/2 a ton when fully filled..

Comment

• im not sure, but can those oxy cutter cut thru the safe? Recently I cracked open a safe by prying open the door. it was an elcheapo. now using to put weights and toilet paper according to my father, he got those metal cutting disc that can cut thru the safe walls . maybe those in the market can check if their safes can be cut.

now with the availability of cordless angle grinders, im sure it wont be long before thieves start lugging it as common as screwdrivers.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• oxy cutter sure can... but it will render the thing inside all burnt... fichet and chubb got special design to slow down the cutting process... and also anti explosive... but singapore hdb... i think no need ba hahaha... although nice to have... took me quite some time to wake myself up and tell myself i dont need all these...

Comment

• Originally posted by khimwoon View Post
            oxy cutter sure can... but it will render the thing inside all burnt... fichet and chubb got special design to slow down the cutting process... and also anti explosive... but singapore hdb... i think no need ba hahaha... although nice to have... took me quite some time to wake myself up and tell myself i dont need all these...
            unless u kenna from these fellows lor..

Comment

• Recommend a safe that is safe

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
              i also think chubb are better but i think they also cost much more..

some pricing info on the Eagle Safes (from straits time):

ES-031D $720
              SS-031D $498

between Key + Mechanical lock vs Combination Lock / Es- Electronic Push Button, which is better choice?
              I bought the Eagles mechanical SS-031D for $498. DBS had jumped their large sized safe deposit boxes from $100 to $400 overnight. So the choice made sense. It weighed about 50kg. Did not trust the thuggish-looking delivery guys and lay it on the living room floor at first. Later got some friends to help me lift it to another part of the house. I placed 4 plastic stand below the 4 corner legs to enable ventilation and prevent rust from forming beneath. Better than the wheels kind that can damage tiles and wooden parquet floors. It also has a top drawer and 2 shelves inside. Space enough for several dozen watches. But not the watch boxes though. Can withstand fire for 1 hour. The paint is intact and no complaints so far.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
              Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
              Watch your words, for they become actions.
              Watch your actions, for they become habits.
              Watch your habits, for they become character.
              Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

• for those who need to move their safes, may i suggest that you go find an old skateboard, you will be able to move it very easily when i moved house, people think i was still a young boy, playing with skateboard , of course once they see what i am doing, they all rush out to get one when they move house too
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• I am also thinking of getting a new safe that is fire resistant, water resistant and burglar resistant.

I am currently looking at diplomat, bumil and morries safe.

Yale safe is not fire resistant and its expensive.

I am still deciding whether to get electronic or combination type. The good thing about electronic is it has a over-ride key so if you forget the pin you can still open but the combination don't have it.

So if the combination system fails due to long period of time, then the only way to open is to engage contractor to open it for you.

Delivery and installation is a problem, because if you get delivery then people knows you have safe so they might want to break into your house. So I decided to buy and carry it myself

Comment

• How many of you guys here bought the safe and bring home on your own?

Comment

• I feel that if you get people to deliver to your house kind of dangerous coz they know where you live and may break into your house....

Comment

• jus buy those that can set ur own dial number... people wont know ur combination laio...

regarding digital and dial... which to choose?

digital if u wan fast... but prob is digital if kanna fire also gone case cos the circuit will be burnt... not to mention forgetting to change battery... digital got this master key to open the safe if case any of the above happened... but master key? mean people from the safe company also got it... they jus bring the master key when robbing ur place... also lppl haha

Analog if those fixed dial number those safe company will know ur combi too... also lppl... thus best is to get those that can change combi... more expensive but worth it...

i jus bought the rosengen home safe, S&G combi dial can change watever number i wanted... the S&G dial also very nice to turn too... solid built... i tried the eagle safe, burmi safe etc... the dial feel is very different... a good dial give u a good feel and i can open my safe in abt 10sec... fire resistant about 90min... more than enough... got a mauser key lock as additional safety... i love the key... soild built and beautiful... and at 70kg... i got prob even pushing it ard the house... best is the price only $900...

Comment

• jus buy those that can set ur own dial number... people wont know ur combination laio...

regarding digital and dial... which to choose?

digital if u wan fast... but prob is digital if kanna fire also gone case cos the circuit will be burnt... not to mention forgetting to change battery... digital got this master key to open the safe if case any of the above happened... but master key? mean people from the safe company also got it... they jus bring the master key when robbing ur place... also lppl haha

Analog if those fixed dial number those safe company will know ur combi too... also lppl... thus best is to get those that can change combi... more expensive but worth it...

i jus bought the rosengen home safe, S&G combi dial can change watever number i wanted... the S&G dial also very nice to turn too... solid built... i tried the eagle safe, burmi safe etc... the dial feel is very different... a good dial give u a good feel and i can open my safe in abt 10sec... fire resistant about 90min... more than enough... got a mauser key lock as additional safety... i love the key... soild built and beautiful... and at 70kg... i got prob even pushing it ard the house... best is the price only $900...

Comment

• IMO bank safe deposit box still the best!

Comment

• jojo08 - is that a amp i see running in your avatar? mind if i ask what it is?

sorry ah.... OT abit
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by jojo08 View Post
                                IMO bank safe deposit box still the best!
                                It was exactly the DBS large size safe deposit box rental hike to almost $500 per year that drove us to buy our own safe for the home.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                                Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                                Watch your words, for they become actions.
                                Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                                Watch your habits, for they become character.
                                Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X