Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Buying Safe & Consideration

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smart kids..

    Comment


    • Good Quality Safe

      Hi all, any recommendation of a fireproof, waterproof, and burglar proof safe?

      There are so many safes out there claiming to be the best!

      Looking for the following qualities:
      1. Should withstand at least 2 hrs of intense fire.
      2. The hinges of the safe should also have about equal fire protection.
      3. Size more or less 60cm x 60cm.
      4. Preferably with both combination (manual type not electronic) and key lock
      5. internal temperature less than 150 degrees after burning, since I will put in digital media as well as the usual stuff watches etc.

      Thanks

      Comment


      • im using a hercules safe, i kn they go thru heating and drop test, not sure abt the waterproof part. one good thing someone taught me about buying safe, its to buy a heavy one!
        Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
          im using a hercules safe, i kn they go thru heating and drop test, not sure abt the waterproof part. one good thing someone taught me about buying safe, its to buy a heavy one!
          agree....in fact get one thats NO less than 75kg+ one person cant move..... 120kg+ 2 people cant move.... 250kg+ its a permanent home fixture and your Safe is SAFE !!
          ROLEX.

          Comment


          • For watches, I think most important is fire proof.

            Comment


            • i have recommended several people to buy safe from this person some where in the east.

              so far, no one has complained. if you are interested, you can contact me.

              if i remember the specification correct, can tahan 2 hour of burning.

              size wise, there are several sizes.

              key lock and knob turning combination is one of the better secure feature.

              some considerations.

              if you move house often say every 5-10 years, i would suggest that you dont get a safe. open a safe deposit better.

              if you want to buy a safe, have it 'hidden' somewhere.

              Originally posted by blueysmurfy View Post
              Hi all, any recommendation of a fireproof, waterproof, and burglar proof safe?

              There are so many safes out there claiming to be the best!

              Looking for the following qualities:
              1. Should withstand at least 2 hrs of intense fire.
              2. The hinges of the safe should also have about equal fire protection.
              3. Size more or less 60cm x 60cm.
              4. Preferably with both combination (manual type not electronic) and key lock
              5. internal temperature less than 150 degrees after burning, since I will put in digital media as well as the usual stuff watches etc.

              Thanks
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

              i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

              kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do


              if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

              your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

              disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

              Comment


              • Yes please share with me the contact. Thank you

                I'm thinking of getting a big heavy one but no place to hide it hehee.

                Originally posted by triton View Post
                i have recommended several people to buy safe from this person some where in the east.

                so far, no one has complained. if you are interested, you can contact me.

                if i remember the specification correct, can tahan 2 hour of burning.

                size wise, there are several sizes.

                key lock and knob turning combination is one of the better secure feature.

                some considerations.

                if you move house often say every 5-10 years, i would suggest that you dont get a safe. open a safe deposit better.

                if you want to buy a safe, have it 'hidden' somewhere.

                Comment


                • Holycow! Just seen the YouTube video in this thread of a sentrysafe cut open. How do we know if Hercules safe and others can be cut too?

                  I also have dilemma as someone else mentioned here. If get a big heavy safe then need delivery, hence risky as the delivery guys will know u have a safe

                  Comment


                  • sentrysafe is quite crappy... feel their handle... feel their dial... impt is open up their key pad and you will find 2 thin wire connecting everything...

                    other than the normal few... you can try japanese brand uchida from Kim Leng Office Supplier... preferred their as the protection level is there with their solid built... impt is their dial/keypad and key combi operate together... u need both to open the safe...

                    but for those super good one u got to go see those chubb or fichet bauche etc...

                    http://www.kimlengoffice.com.sg/pro_...ubcatActive=no

                    Comment


                    • came across this site. interesting. 15 most impenetrable bank vaults!

                      http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/blog/...e-bank-vaults/

                      Comment


                      • Hi guys... regarding safes hercules safes are an american company and not so good... uchida safes are ok but don't have any after sales service... chubb or fichet bauche are very good but expensive and no after sales service also... i'd reccommend eagle safes as they are good n reliable and have after sales service plus also have warranty... they are fireproof for 2 hours and affordable... have a wide range of models with different colour combos to suit your home deco and there are so many different type of combinations of locks and modules... example, 2 key locks, digital locks, digital plus key, single combinations, double combinations, file safes, cupboard safes, ultra heavy safes, touch panel digital locks, and many more... kim leng are 3rd party dealers and are not distributors for uchida and prices are cheaper for eagle safes cos you"ll be buying direct from the importer and sole distributor for eagles safes brand in sg... if you guys are interested then pm me for details as my friend is the transporter for this safe dealer and you guys can buy at discounted warehouse prices inclusive of delivery via my buddy's recommendation... unless u have special delivery requests like bolting the safes to the floor or carrying the safes to 2nd floor of your house via stairs (*not applicable for ultra heavy safes 500kg and above)... then these services come at extra costs...
                        HOME THEATERPHILE

                        MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                        ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                        Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                        Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                        Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                        TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                        G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

                        HER'S
                        Rolex ladies datejust
                        vintage Cartier tank 18k
                        TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

                        Comment


                        • And chubb and fichet bauche are all solid steel safes which are very heavy and expensive and most of those safes are only suitable for commercial and landed properties and are not possible to be kept in hdb houses... their cheapest safes which are slightly bigger than a hotel safe is already $1k plus.. plus i don't think any safes in sg are waterproof as we don't have floods like other countries.. but maybe can be custom made by some dealers...
                          HOME THEATERPHILE

                          MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                          ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                          Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                          Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                          Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                          TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                          G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

                          HER'S
                          Rolex ladies datejust
                          vintage Cartier tank 18k
                          TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

                          Comment


                          • just like to know why you say hercules safes are not so good. is it because it is american company as stated?

                            i believe most safes have warranty. with reference to this link, there is a chart indicating the safe can withstand burning up to a certain temperature after 2 hours

                            as for the variety, i believe most brands have both dial and/or digital combination.

                            as for safe to suit home deco, this is a plus point. however personally i rather hide my safe and keep it away from public eye.

                            your friend is a transporter and is not the seller of safe, buyers can get discounted price, so will your friend earn a cut?

                            Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                            Hi guys... regarding safes hercules safes are an american company and not so good... uchida safes are ok but don't have any after sales service... chubb or fichet bauche are very good but expensive and no after sales service also... i'd reccommend eagle safes as they are good n reliable and have after sales service plus also have warranty... they are fireproof for 2 hours and affordable... have a wide range of models with different colour combos to suit your home deco and there are so many different type of combinations of locks and modules... example, 2 key locks, digital locks, digital plus key, single combinations, double combinations, file safes, cupboard safes, ultra heavy safes, touch panel digital locks, and many more... kim leng are 3rd party dealers and are not distributors for uchida and prices are cheaper for eagle safes cos you"ll be buying direct from the importer and sole distributor for eagles safes brand in sg... if you guys are interested then pm me for details as my friend is the transporter for this safe dealer and you guys can buy at discounted warehouse prices inclusive of delivery via my buddy's recommendation... unless u have special delivery requests like bolting the safes to the floor or carrying the safes to 2nd floor of your house via stairs (*not applicable for ultra heavy safes 500kg and above)... then these services come at extra costs...
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

                            i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

                            kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do


                            if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

                            your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

                            disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                              Hi guys... regarding safes hercules safes are an american company and not so good... uchida safes are ok but don't have any after sales service... chubb or fichet bauche are very good but expensive and no after sales service also... i'd reccommend eagle safes as they are good n reliable and have after sales service plus also have warranty... they are fireproof for 2 hours and affordable... have a wide range of models with different colour combos to suit your home deco and there are so many different type of combinations of locks and modules... example, 2 key locks, digital locks, digital plus key, single combinations, double combinations, file safes, cupboard safes, ultra heavy safes, touch panel digital locks, and many more... kim leng are 3rd party dealers and are not distributors for uchida and prices are cheaper for eagle safes cos you"ll be buying direct from the importer and sole distributor for eagles safes brand in sg... if you guys are interested then pm me for details as my friend is the transporter for this safe dealer and you guys can buy at discounted warehouse prices inclusive of delivery via my buddy's recommendation... unless u have special delivery requests like bolting the safes to the floor or carrying the safes to 2nd floor of your house via stairs (*not applicable for ultra heavy safes 500kg and above)... then these services come at extra costs...
                              old thread but just bump up for knowledge. hercules safe is actually booil safe (korean) labeled as hercules because the ubi uncle can commit certain moq.

                              i used an eagle safe years ago and it only last 5 years before all the paint started peeling off with all the rust inside. i've then changed to a hercules safe and it is still working fine after 10 years and the paint work still looks new.

                              Comment

                              Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X