Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you cannot just look at the money side of things, the cost to maintain the building, the security, the system, the paperwork, etc. all cost money, and you will be surprised that not many banks make money from safe deposits (least that is what i was told from a local bank in Oz)
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• $ Vs Convenience.

Sure, you got a point there. That is if you value the amount you pay that goes into the level of security for your safe deposit box the Bank provides back to you in return. For me I guess in the early beginning I could not trust the environment I was in and my neighbourhood which had break-ins. So I looked for a big box in a bank. But as the insatiable appetite for watches grew so did the collection and the need to access them quickly for instant gratification! That translated to many trips. Eventually I had a chance to move house to a safer zone and also made some technical improvements in the domestic security levels. So for now, the collections is just a few turns of the dial away, but in the past it meant a journey to the next town district.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
      Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
      Watch your words, for they become actions.
      Watch your actions, for they become habits.
      Watch your habits, for they become character.
      Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

• Plinius Power Amp for my audio system lor..

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        jojo08 - is that a amp i see running in your avatar? mind if i ask what it is?

sorry ah.... OT abit

Comment

• Just bought 1 Eagle safe today, was at Causeway Point Shopping Centre stepped into this shop i think at level 4, stood there very long but nobody is interested to serve me , maybe didn't wear Rolex today...so no choice lor...lanlan walk out.

In the end, bought it at People's Park Complex. Model SS-065 mechanical type looks good to me. Was told by the friendly uncle that the combination numbers can be change. Now waiting eagerly for my Eagle safe to arrived in few days time

Comment

• this is my current home for my collection....

Comment

• I love this thread and the comparisons made by the Bros here.

Actually, I wanted to sign up for the Personal Safe Deposit Box with Certis Cisco but currently the Xsmall, Small, Medium sizes are all out of stocks and I need to be on waiting list.

Now, I am thinking of getting a safe too.

Comment

• @ Bro khimwoon,

Can you kindly divulge what is the model number for the Rosengrens Home Safe you had purchased?

Thank you much.

Comment

• think is because now got promo that is why the smaller ones out.

i suggest u take a medium or large. cause u will fill it in no time.

do remember that if you get one that is about 50kg, it is possible for a single intruder to cart it away using a small trolley. 50kg can be carried by 2 intruders.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                    think is because now got promo that is why the smaller ones out.

i suggest u take a medium or large. cause u will fill it in no time.

do remember that if you get one that is about 50kg, it is possible for a single intruder to cart it away using a small trolley. 50kg can be carried by 2 intruders.
                    I second that, and that's the reason why i purchased a bigger safe. Current only 30kg+.

Comment

• Well, so what is the appropriate or heaviness for a home safe?

Comment

• Ideally should be 70kg and after all your rolexes, will be 100kg...

Comment

• Ok thank you much

Comment

• to me, it must be at least 100kg. this is because it is harder for 2 ppl to carry. but if i were you, i would suggest certis cisco if it is near your place.

Originally posted by ThomasSG View Post
                            Well, so what is the appropriate or heaviness for a home safe?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                              to me, it must be at least 100kg. this is because it is harder for 2 ppl to carry. but if i were you, i would suggest certis cisco if it is near your place.
                              100kg also can cart. . The other day, I made a cart out of skateboard wheels, and loaded up a safe on it. wheeled it out of the house no problems. of course going down stairs, and having to physically lift the safe up a car/lorry/etc is a hassle. That is a job for the chain block
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• hi bro thomas,

http://www.hiss.com.sg/his_html/his_...rosengrens.htm

i didnt got the exact model but the built of this baby is wonderful... i nearly wanted a chubb cobra but the weight cannot put in hdb... cos 250kg... at first i tot 70kg quite light... but i was wrong... its heavy

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X