Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm using Eagle safes from Korea, model SS-065 (743x549x552mm), weight 140 kg. Price reasonable too, so far happy with it

Comment

• click here
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• I was on course at imm last week and I saw a shop (actually not a shop but more like a push cart lot) outside giant. They seem to offer various sizes and types of safe, if I didn't remember wrongly prices start from around $200+. if you happen to be at imm, maybe can pop by take a look lor, not sure bout the brand thou...

Oh yah, think the hardware shop (DIY home fix) on the 2nd flr also sells safe but their things are generally quite expensive.

Comment

• first of all, to me weight of safe is important. if it takes only 1 man to lift the safe. i say forget it. in an event if the burglar breaks in, they just carry the safe and take their own time to open.

i prefer those turning of knob aka clockwise and anti-clockwise number knob with key. it is harder to break compared to digital. cause digital locks can be broken. it just takes time. also with digital safe, there can a master over-ride system number combination.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Just dont buy this!
            its a plastic safe. I say thin home fix it was tempted to buy. but after I googles.. realized its made of very thin metal . so many you tube video show they open this with a crow bar.. some under 2min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTnJVwYkJs
            (Big Watch Siao)
            BALL
            Rolex
            Panerai
            Omega
            Cartier
            Panerai
            IWC

Comment

• will take my time to look through this thread, looking for a safe but dunno where to start

Comment

• A couple of pointers to share:

A) Weight of safe is crucial, anything below 100kg is too light which can be carry away
                B) Don't go for safe with wheels or rollers, simply push away easily
                C) Opt for conventional, digital will give you problem when the battery go flat
                D) Looks not critical but steel material and fire proofing is more important
                E) internal space is crucial to check, if you have more then a handful of watches plus your watch winder..etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmee View Post
                  A couple of pointers to share:

A) Weight of safe is crucial, anything below 100kg is too light which can be carry away
                  E) internal space is crucial to check, if you have more then a handful of watches plus your watch winder..etc
                  bro you nailed it there....... agree.
                  ROLEX.

Comment

• i have recommended 3-5 people to purchase safe from one vendor.

all of them are using rotating dial and key to open dial.

price is so far reasonable.

if anyone needs assistance, you can pm me.

brand of safe is hercules.

i have not heard any of them complaining
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• hercules are pretty decent and price attractively... alternatively you can try out the uchida safe from kim leng office supplies...

if not wrong hercules is korean and uchida is japanese... quality wise both excellent... i find uchida nicer as their colour, design, lock key and number pad layout appeal to me more... fireproof to 2 hours too...

but if you going to keep quite an amount of watch and precious metal in it... i suggest chubb or fichet bauche... range from $1200 for their smallest model at a light "180kg"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Minority View Post
                        Just dont buy this!
                        its a plastic safe. I say thin home fix it was tempted to buy. but after I googles.. realized its made of very thin metal . so many you tube video show they open this with a crow bar.. some under 2min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTnJVwYkJs
                        yup... they are real rubbish... sorry for those who bought it... you can twist open the digital panel and see the inard inside...

Comment

• Can consider Diplomat safe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmee View Post
                            A couple of pointers to share:

I'm quite confused if I can place my Patek perpetual with winder inside an air tight safe? Is it gonna be fine coz I am only using double A battery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Hehehe...last time my grandma used to have a big heavy 1 at home...then i hand itchy go turn the combi...hehehe...then got alarm sound...my mum had to go home and use key+ combi to open.
                              Piang... Your grandma must have Hoh Liao inside.
                              'Time' is the most used English word.

Comment

• The following video and article might be of interest if you have a small safe at home.

Forbes: Unsafe Gun Safes Can Be Opened By A Three-Year Old.

Summary: Some safe's locking solenoid mechanism can be mechanically disrupted into an open state by applying a sharp vertical acceleration. The three-year-old used in the videos achieved this by lifting the safe up and dropping it. This mechanism design is common across a number of models and manufacturers.

If you have a small safe, it should always be bolted down securely.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X