Preowned Rolex at too high price???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    wind up the crown..... "screw" is a verb used in other contexts.....
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
      And if you can get it at that price, better run as fast as you can, it's either going to have a corroded case, or have a broken rotor or mainspring or is a stolen watch!
      Well it would depend on the model,age,condition,box and papers of course my friend.

what seiko meant is like this...he did not mention the age,so it can be a 10 year old submariner at 4.5k...at 40+% off the list price. But of course a 1 year old submariner maybe commading about 6k...that's only like 20+% off the list.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

was at a certain preowned shop (chinatown point) yesterday..sad to say the guy attending to me look me no up!

don't seem to be interested to serve me at all and his answers give me the feeling he just want to shake me off. actually saw one DJ which i wanted to get liao but his attitude put me off so i decided not to let him earn my $$$.

anyway, a 7 yr DJ at $3.7k - ok price? I'm sure can go lower though.

Comment

Wow, seems like u'd been prowling those shops these few days huh... Ok, la. Think can buy if condition is gd.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Wow, seems like u'd been prowling those shops these few days huh... Ok, la. Think can buy if condition is gd.
            yah..looking ard this few days.

will be going to chuanwatch, koh bros, king this 2 days too.

Comment

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
              was at a certain preowned shop (chinatown point) yesterday..sad to say the guy attending to me look me no up!

don't seem to be interested to serve me at all and his answers give me the feeling he just want to shake me off. actually saw one DJ which i wanted to get liao but his attitude put me off so i decided not to let him earn my $$$.

anyway, a 7 yr DJ at $3.7k - ok price? I'm sure can go lower though.
              I think it still can go abit lower. But of course I dunno the condition.age,box and papers

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                I think it still can go abit lower. But of course I dunno the condition.age,box and papers
                problem is he not keen to serve me. ask him question he also very reluctant to answer so I gave up

Comment

hahaha...at least he did reply u mah...i went to M time and was ignored totally although i bought 3 6694 from them b4..hahaha...maybe due to me looking poor...lol....and didnt wear any watch that time...so the auntie basically treat me as if i am made of Glass....lol....bo bian de...
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    hahaha...at least he did reply u mah...i went to M time and was ignored totally although i bought 3 6694 from them b4..hahaha...maybe due to me looking poor...lol....and didnt wear any watch that time...so the auntie basically treat me as if i am made of Glass....lol....bo bian de...
                    3 sets of 6694s!

Comment

well..bo lui to buy high end rollies mah...so get vintage lor...lolz....6694 is nice and simple dial watch mah...i not into complicated dials or wad...somemore the calibre is of good workhorse material...lolz....juz have to go servicing every year lor...hahaha....i into manual winding mah...hehe..every morning muz wind and wind..kinda of a habit...1 day neber wind watches i feel very incomplete leh...hehehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        well..bo lui to buy high end rollies mah...so get vintage lor...lolz....6694 is nice and simple dial watch mah...i not into complicated dials or wad...somemore the calibre is of good workhorse material...lolz....juz have to go servicing every year lor...hahaha....i into manual winding mah...hehe..every morning muz wind and wind..kinda of a habit...1 day neber wind watches i feel very incomplete leh...hehehehehehe
                        3 6694s can get a explorer 2 liao wor

Comment

hehehe...not into gmt watches mah...hehehe...

Comment

isn't the choice obvious?

anyway i seldom get preown watches, so i will always go for brands new ones. why is it that the price of preown is still so high? couple of reasons, they want to prey on buyers' ignorance.

the shop is probably targeting overseas travelers where rolex may be more expensive in their home country, so they treat you transparent or see you no up because if you don't buy, someone else will.

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
                            Poll:

A preowned DJ 116200 bought between Jan 08 to June 08 - Going at between $5.5K to $5.8K compared to a brand new one at $5.9K (after 21% less paying in cash) - which one will you get?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              isn't the choice obvious?

anyway i seldom get preown watches, so i will always go for brands new ones. why is it that the price of preown is still so high? couple of reasons, they want to prey on buyers' ignorance.

the shop is probably targeting overseas travelers where rolex may be more expensive in their home country, so they treat you transparent or see you no up because if you don't buy, someone else will.
                              don't talk about shops, no offence to anyone. i find some of the preowned posted here also asking for the sky..

just my 2 cents

Comment

well..they do have overheads and rents to pay for...tat is y i prefer to deal with bros in here....easier..most are kind hearted ppl that take the time to meet up and explain the watches functions etc...hahaha...for me i seldom go to the dealers after i stumbled across this forum...cheers...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X