Preowned Rolex at too high price???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
    was at a certain preowned shop (chinatown point) yesterday..sad to say the guy attending to me look me no up!

don't seem to be interested to serve me at all and his answers give me the feeling he just want to shake me off. actually saw one DJ which i wanted to get liao but his attitude put me off so i decided not to let him earn my $$$.

anyway, a 7 yr DJ at $3.7k - ok price? I'm sure can go lower though.
    if the staff is working for commission very easy to bully them , go to their workmates and buy from them

then they will miss out on the commission and hopefully learn that everyone who walk in is a customer whether they buy or not.

Originally posted by triton View Post
    isn't the choice obvious?

anyway i seldom get preown watches, so i will always go for brands new ones. why is it that the price of preown is still so high? couple of reasons, they want to prey on buyers' ignorance.

the shop is probably targeting overseas travelers where rolex may be more expensive in their home country, so they treat you transparent or see you no up because if you don't buy, someone else will.
    agree with your post. some stock no need to promote selling, they sell themselves
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

don't talk about shops, no offence to anyone. i find some of the preowned posted here also asking for the sky..

just my 2 cents
      tot i was the only one to think so

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Well it would depend on the model,age,condition,box and papers of course my friend.

what seiko meant is like this...he did not mention the age,so it can be a 10 year old submariner at 4.5k...at 40+% off the list price. But of course a 1 year old submariner maybe commading about 6k...that's only like 20+% off the list.
        was assuming we are talking about generally ok condition watches mah....

Comment

I tell you why

was at a certain preowned shop (chinatown point) yesterday..sad to say the guy attending to me look me no up!

don't seem to be interested to serve me at all and his answers give me the feeling he just want to shake me off. actually saw one DJ which i wanted to get liao but his attitude put me off so i decided not to let him earn my $$$.

anyway, a 7 yr DJ at $3.7k - ok price? I'm sure can go lower though.
          he probably does not want to sell to locals, not because he sees you no up. I have also been to such shops. They want to sell to foreigners so that they can quote higher prices...

Comment

maybe to some people like you it is sky high because maybe for people like you who have done enough homework will know that certain series can be bought @ what price. that is why people like you will not pay for those pricing.

then again, we have to look @ the other perspective, maybe these people did not managed to get a good discount and hence paid a slightly higher price. when they sell, u will have to sell it @ a higher price so that they dont lose too much. no choice.

that is why i mentioned before, do homework first, do leg work also. this will reduce the chances for not paying too high a price.

don't talk about shops, no offence to anyone. i find some of the preowned posted here also asking for the sky..

just my 2 cents
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X