Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins and parts....hmm I think during verification they wont check unless it's a very obvious part.

Only during service when they take out every single part then they will do a check

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• What happens in the following scenario?

Buyer and seller agree to authentication process
      1. If the watch is genuine, buyer bears the $75
      2. If the watch is not genuine, seller bears the $75

But happens if there's a minor problem: all parts genuine, except the hands.
      The seller agrees to replace the hands and to send the watch for another
      verification. Question: Seller ought to bear the cost?

The problem is relatively simple in the case of two forumers meeting in RSC
      because money has not changed hands.

The problem becomes more complex when one buys from a pre-owned shop,
      and money has already changed hands. The seller may not share in the cost
      of verification, he can only agree to replace parts which not genuine, and
      the buyer may end up with a $150 cost.

Comment

• i recently sent in a 6694 for servicing.

hands were not original. watch is still serviced with parts replaced.

only can say 6694 hor. other models dont know.

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
        i think if i m not wrong, RSC will not service your watch if there is any 3rd party parts on your watch.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• this scenario happened to me when i bought a 6694. hands were changed @ my own request. inform the seller about the scenario. seller apologises and pay cost of hands. i dont know about other sellers will do, but mine did. for my seller.

in this situation, i would expect the seller to bear the first verification costs as there are parts not geniune. why should buyer bear the first cost? if seller agrees to replace hands, then after replacing go back to RSC. same agreement. if all is ok, buyer to pay second time verification cost.

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
          What happens in the following scenario?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by lolex kia View Post

IF seller stated that ALL PARTS are original yes you can make him pay for the extra cost of changing the original hands. If not...I guess you just have to come out of it from your pocket

Comment

• Maybe times are bad... ha ha... not many people send watches to service... so got business don't care so much lah... LOL....
              Originally posted by triton View Post
              i recently sent in a 6694 for servicing.

hands were not original. watch is still serviced with parts replaced.

only can say 6694 hor. other models dont know.

Comment

"If the watch is not genuine, seller bears the $75" RSC will let you know at once if they spotted it not genuine and at no charges at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by louie View Post
                  "If the watch is not genuine, seller bears the $75" RSC will let you know at once if they spotted it not genuine and at no charges at all.

Thanks....That's good new! as I have never encountered a situation so far of a case of a watch not having genuine parts in the $75 verification process.

Comment

• I think all private sellers bros might consider to quote that if watches rejected by Service Centre, the cost will be bear by the sellers instead. Like this the buyer will feel more secured. Of course some seller might even pay for the verification in order to sell their watch.

Comment

• if it's not genuine,it would not even get into the workshop at the back of them.They handle Rolex es almost everyday,they will tell just by feeling the weight and the look of the watch!Try the "Aunties" at your own risk...

Comment

• Originally posted by louie View Post
                        this is what happened some yrs ago when i sent an explorer II for authentication...i handed over the watch,the "Aunty" hold and look at me "It's not original"!Than she passed to the other "Aunty" she smile and said its fake.I knew something fishy but i still buy the watch from my supplier..brought it for 3k.No paper,but with box.After i left RSC first thing i call him and

Comment

Thanks....That's good new! as I have never encountered a situation so far of a case of a watch not having genuine parts in the $75 verification process.
                          Well...because they don't check the parts. If not how you finish the process so fast!

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          To add to that...I dun think they will let you go off that easily though haha.

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          if it's not genuine,it would not even get into the workshop at the back of them.They handle Rolex es almost everyday,they will tell just by feeling the weight and the look of the watch!Try the "Aunties" at your own risk...
                          Agreeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            Well...because they don't check the parts. If not how you finish the process so fast!

To add to that...I dun think they will let you go off that easily though haha.

Agreeed!
                            what you expect them to do than?

Comment

• I dun get your question.

DO you mean wad I expect them to do when they verify or wad I expect them to do if they catch you with a fake piece

Comment

• if catch you with a fake piece, they will ask you to pay $75 + return to you with NO paperwork. that is my guess.
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X