Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actually paying $75 for verification is no big deal. problem is how RSC handle the situation. like i mention, has anyone tried to send in a BNIB watch to RSC for servicing? in that case, RSC will check everything and then tell you there is nothing to service, so thats considered free verification on top of that water proofing will not be affected?

Comment

• Originally posted by yeshe View Post
      actually paying $75 for verification is no big deal. problem is how RSC handle the situation. like i mention, has anyone tried to send in a BNIB watch to RSC for servicing? in that case, RSC will check everything and then tell you there is nothing to service, so thats considered free verification on top of that water proofing will not be affected?
      Only the part in bold is correct....

Why wouldn't water proofing be affected? if you ask them to check they will open up and take a look still wad

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Only the part in bold is correct....

Why wouldn't water proofing be affected? if you ask them to check they will open up and take a look still wad
        I am in the assumption that, when you send your watch in for servicing, they will check everything and provide you a quote on what to change and not, including waterproofing? So in this case, they must have tested the waterproofing in order to advise you if it is ok?

Comment

• well just go and experience it for yourself.......

"for routine verification checks and regulation, they do not test for waterproofing."
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• From what I know...nope.

When they close the caseback of the watch after inspection...it's almost as gd as no problems. Because there were the ones that closed it. SO by right ther shouldnt be any problems.

They MIGHT do a test if you say you suspect there may be a water seepage.

Then again...if water sip it's also quite obvious 1 la.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohlins View Post
              well just go and experience it for yourself.......

"for routine verification checks and regulation, they do not test for waterproofing."
              For verification, i agree. But what i meant was, if you were to send in a watch to request for servicing? For any regular servicing, surely they will provide you a quote on what needs to be changed and serviced. In this case, a BNIB watch

Comment

• if the condition is ok, they will advice you no servicing is required.....

if servicing is recommended, then for issues on water resistance, they will let u know if there are problems e.g. case pitting, case back pitting, crystal damaged blah blah blah

waterproofing is included when rsc service a watch... similar to polishing......
                visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  From what I know...nope.

When they close the caseback of the watch after inspection...it's almost as gd as no problems. Because there were the ones that closed it. SO by right ther shouldnt be any problems.

They MIGHT do a test if you say you suspect there may be a water seepage.

Then again...if water sip it's also quite obvious 1 la.
                  sorry for my noobness, since you agree that watches can be verify by servicing quote ( hence FOC ) why everyone prefer to pay $75 just for a receipt? pai seh?

Comment

• Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                    if the condition is ok, they will advice you no servicing is required.....

if servicing is recommended, then for issues on water resistance, they will let u know if there are problems e.g. case pitting, case back pitting, crystal damaged blah blah blah

waterproofing is included when rsc service a watch... similar to polishing......
                    Yes this is what i meant. Assuming 3 scenerios,

1) i send in a 1675 GMT Master for servicing. RSC check and gave me a quote to change dial, bezel, waterproofing, blar blar blar, total $1800. I reject quote and service outside. ( In the end, no servicing done, but verify the watch is genuine )

2) i send in a BNIB GMT IIc for servicing. RSC check and tell me no problem ( i assume including waterproofing ). I walk away happy because verification is done free.

3) i send in a 'fake' GMT for servicing. RSC check, does not want to provide quote because its not genuine.

correct me if i m wrong for the above 3 situations.

Comment

1) i send in a 1675 GMT Master for servicing. RSC check and gave me a quote to change dial, bezel, waterproofing, blar blar blar, total $1800. I reject quote and service outside. ( In the end, no servicing done, but verify the watch is genuine )

2) i send in a BNIB GMT IIc for servicing. RSC check and tell me no problem ( i assume including waterproofing ). I walk away happy because verification is done free.

3) i send in a 'fake' GMT for servicing. RSC check, does not want to provide quote because its not genuine.

Everything is correct IMO except for this part

Just want to add something to point 3....you won't get away that easily. Watch would be chong gong and most probably they will take down particulars or something...and question u...then u enjoy your Lorlec kopi already

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
                      sorry for my noobness, since you agree that watches can be verify by servicing quote ( hence FOC ) why everyone prefer to pay $75 just for a receipt? pai seh?
                      Well there are some people who dunno the way around it...it's up to them

Comment

for no 1, so long u r happy can already.

for no 2, once opened, the watch cannot be "assumed" to be WR to its full rating without a waterproofing test.

no 3 is irrelevant.

Comment

• Thank you bros for all the invaluable answers. In this case, if i were to buy a BNIB watch, no point go RSC. Just use it for good 5-10yrs then send for servicing, hopefully dont get a shock

For preown, send it to RSC for servicing. Can check health of watch at the same time verification

Comment

Does 1 and 2 check for if the pins, parts are original?

Comment

Thank you bros for all the invaluable answers. In this case, if i were to buy a BNIB watch, no point go RSC. Just use it for good 5-10yrs then send for servicing, hopefully dont get a shock

For preown, send it to RSC for servicing. Can check health of watch at the same time verification
                              Yep...oh yes do enjoy your watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                                Does 1 and 2 check for if the pins, parts are original?
                                i think if i m not wrong, RSC will not service your watch if there is any 3rd party parts on your watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X